Killed by own ricocheted bullet

This is a discussion on Killed by own ricocheted bullet within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Am I the only one that sees no relevance whatsoever in the 'living in the U.S. illegally' comment from the reporter? Yeah, he did something ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Killed by own ricocheted bullet

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    Am I the only one that sees no relevance whatsoever in the 'living in the U.S. illegally' comment from the reporter?

Yeah, he did something really stupid. And proved it via Darwin. But his immigrant status has nothing to do with it- plenty of legal immigrants, and 'native' Americans do things this stupid and much worse.

..just saying..
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

2. Remove Ads

Actually theres an update,it wasn't a ricochet,the drunk rocket scientist released the mag pointed the gun at his head and pulled the trigger,forgot about the one in the pipe.
    All three are pretty drunk when someone pulls a .380-caliber, semiautomatic (handgun) and shoots it into the backyard,” Treviño said. “The 17-year-old gets it and tells his girlfriend, ‘Here, look, pull the trigger.’”

The teen’s girlfriend refused to handle the loaded weapon, so he pulled out the gun’s clip and aimed at a butane tank, but he “thought twice” about shooting it and instead pointed it at his head, Treviño said.

“He fires one time and shoots himself in the head,” Treviño said.

Investigators did not find any indication of foul play or intentional suicide
    http://www.themonitor.com/news/shoot...identally.html
    Spade115 likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

A little hard to believe. I've been hit with a .40 ricochet more than once at the range. Just left a red spot on my skin

EDIT: Nevermind, just read dukalmighty's post. Thought that seemed awfully fishy.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolvingMag View Post
    Am I the only one that sees no relevance whatsoever in the 'living in the U.S. illegally' comment from the reporter?

Yeah, he did something really stupid. And proved it via Darwin. But his immigrant status has nothing to do with it- plenty of legal immigrants, and 'native' Americans do things this stupid and much worse.

..just saying..
    I don't want to be a complete jerk here but yes isn't there a bit of a difference about someone who takes themselves out but is a tax paying citizen compared to someone who is a burden on our tax dollars because they are here illegally? I see what you are saying in the big picture of life and death what do dollars matter, but realistically they do matter if you look at what gets paid for large numbers of people that do not pay into the system like the rest of us do.
    Very sad for the family, but the dad was f... up with his kid? Some people do not deserve my sympathy. Sorry it's cold but it's true.

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Actually theres an update,it wasn't a ricochet,the drunk rocket scientist released the mag pointed the gun at his head and pulled the trigger,forgot about the one in the pipe.

Drunken teen accidentally shoots self in head | shooting, south, accidentally - Sheriff - TheMonitor.com
    LMAO He thought twice about shooting the tank (yeah because THAT would just be stupid!) I will be much better off shooting my head and if you won't do it then I will. Now watch...

Says a lot about teaching kids about the workings of firearms before they start producing testosterone.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

I'm glad his girlfriend had enough sense to not play with weapons, it would have ruined her life also.
    bigmacque likes this.
    Why?? Because at the last second, the Police are minutes away.

Actually theres an update,it wasn't a ricochet,the drunk rocket scientist released the mag pointed the gun at his head and pulled the trigger,forgot about the one in the pipe.Drunken teen accidentally shoots self in head | shooting, south, accidentally - Sheriff - TheMonitor.com
    That's the way I read the story too....
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

- I have no use for a magazine disconnect safety, but it surely doesn't mean someone else doesn't.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar

Drunken teen accidentally shoots self in head | shooting, south, accidentally - Sheriff - TheMonitor.com
    I think "forgot about the one in the pipe" is more like "did not KNOW there was one in the pipe". Otherwise, why is this such a common way to die among foolish teens?
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

He used this one
    4485414357_18dc95d398_z.jpg
    bigmacque and msgt/ret like this.

Shooting himself in the head makes more sense than a 180 degree ricochet. Intoxication and guns don't mix, add stupidity to the lost and, well, here is the result.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

Well it's pretty dumb to put a gun to your head and squeeze the trigger regardless of the state of the gun.
    poor dumb drunk kid.

Well he was here illegally so I wonder how he got his hands on a firearm? (isn't their laws against that?) like they cared about our laws here in the states.... Well at least we don't have to worry about one of them deported ones coming back the next night.

Quote Originally Posted by PIMking View Post
    Well he was here illegally so I wonder how he got his hands on a firearm? (isn't their laws against that?) like they cared about our laws here in the states....
    Eric Holder
    msgt/ret likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey2011 View Post
    Mythbusters proved that a 9mm ricocheting 90 degrees had enough velocity to penetrate steel and keep going, so I don't find it that hard to believe.
    Mythbusters proved that a hardened chrome/steel ball (not soft lead) can ricochoet with sufficient velocity to cause damage, this is a HUGE difference from a complete 180 degree reversal of direction with a lead bullet that deforms and absorbes energy. Citing something that "proves" something without all the facts/variables is like taking lessons from the Brady Bunch on how to use research.
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links