Killed by own ricocheted bullet - Page 3

Killed by own ricocheted bullet

This is a discussion on Killed by own ricocheted bullet within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by RevolvingMag Am I the only one that sees no relevance whatsoever in the 'living in the U.S. illegally' comment from the reporter? ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Killed by own ricocheted bullet

Quote Originally Posted by RevolvingMag View Post
    Am I the only one that sees no relevance whatsoever in the 'living in the U.S. illegally' comment from the reporter?

Yeah, he did something really stupid. And proved it via Darwin. But his immigrant status has nothing to do with it- plenty of legal immigrants, and 'native' Americans do things this stupid and much worse.

..just saying..
    Yes... it would also be "illegal" for him to have the gun ..... so, who bought it , how , etc ? If father is also here illegally, father may be in for some real problems.. as it was an illegal purchase, stolen, or something. Even if the father was here legally but not a citizen, there are questions... depending upon Texas laws.

I'm having some issue with the richocet part of it .... as butane tanks are curved, and the odds of getting a straight back richocet are pretty minute.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Whats a teenager doing drinking? With a firearm? With his father?
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

I'm having some issue with the richocet part of it .... as butane tanks are curved, and the odds of getting a straight back richocet are pretty minute.
    It wasn't a ricochet,the drunk idiot removed the magazine aimed the gun at the tank,but then pointed the gun at his head and pulled the trigger.Maybe he either thought the gun had a mag safety,or he was playing russian roulette with a SA pistol,either way he lost
    Spade115 likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    It wasn't a ricochet,the drunk idiot removed the magazine aimed the gun at the tank,but then pointed the gun at his head and pulled the trigger.Maybe he either thought the gun had a mag safety,or he was playing russian roulette with a SA pistol,either way he lost
    Article does not say that at all , it says in the first sentence :
    "A drunk 17-year-old died in southern Texas after a bullet he shot at a butane tank ricocheted back and hit him in the head."
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    Article does not say that at all , it says in the first sentence :
    Read the link in post number 17

Deputies spoke to the teen’s “highly intoxicated” father, who told them he and his two sons were in the backyard when they heard a gunshot and saw Torres drop. But that version of events did not make sense to officers, and after a brief period of questioning, the father told a different story.

“All three are pretty drunk when someone pulls a .380-caliber, semiautomatic (handgun) and shoots it into the backyard,” Treviño said. “The 17-year-old gets it and tells his girlfriend, ‘Here, look, pull the trigger.’”

The teen’s girlfriend refused to handle the loaded weapon, so he pulled out the gun’s clip and aimed at a butane tank, but he “thought twice” about shooting it and instead pointed it at his head, Treviño said.

“He fires one time and shoots himself in the head,” Treviño said.

"The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links