Bad: Accused Auburn Killer has Fan Club...

This is a discussion on Bad: Accused Auburn Killer has Fan Club... within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I know you're innocent until proven guilty, but this is just bad: Accused Auburn killer gets the O.J. Simpson fan club treatment | al.com...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Spirit51
  • 1 Post By JoJoGunn

Thread: Bad: Accused Auburn Killer has Fan Club...

I know you're innocent until proven guilty, but this is just bad: Accused Auburn killer gets the O.J. Simpson fan club treatment | al.com
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

http://www.appleseedinfo.org/

Birds of a feather flock together.

VIP Member
    It's the 'gang' mentality. Your brother is always right - no matter what they do, you must back their play.

Apparently, it's more pervasive than you might think. I was surprised to see a couple members here apply the same twisted logic on the silly (and now closed) thread about 'what if your wife was pointing a gun at a LEO'.

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    civilization at its best
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

"Social media." Antisocial media be more descriptive....

First: harmless, entertaining "flash mobs."
    Then: "Flash robs."

First: Actual "free form reportage" of violence against citizens (Arab Spring).
    Then: Planned attacks against citizens by thugs.

Now: fan clubs for murderers.... Great!
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Of course, we don't know the story. Kid could be a thug looking for trouble. Maybe he was just a scared kid trying to get home, packing (legal or illegal) because of the crap that goes on in that neighborhood, got jumped by a crowd of thugs and feared for his life. Maybe he was a thug who got jumped by thugs.

Now I know college football players are quite the decent lot, so options 2 and 3 are out of the question, right?

This gives insight into a large, dangerous segment of our society. Take note because at some point we may have to deal with these types on a personal level. As the old dudes say, "Keep your powder dry".
    8th ID likes this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by NH_Esau View Post
    Of course, we don't know the story. Kid could be a thug looking for trouble. Maybe he was just a scared kid trying to get home, packing (legal or illegal) because of the crap that goes on in that neighborhood, got jumped by a crowd of thugs and feared for his life. Maybe he was a thug who got jumped by thugs.

Now I know college football players are quite the decent lot, so options 2 and 3 are out of the question, right?
    The kid himself is not my concern....it is the attitudes of those "fans" most who don't know him from Adam. Can you say "future problems".
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

So is he going to use a SYG defense?
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Why people will be surprised at the good comments for the shooter is surprising. We see it all the time in other incidents where the friends and loved ones come to the aid of someone accused of a crime.....but...

It usually begins with " he was just turning his life around......"

I don't know what it really began with this time.
    mano3 likes this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Sponsored Links