Doctor opens fire in hospital

This is a discussion on Doctor opens fire in hospital within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by hinkleid Good Grief! Even educated physicians going postal. What is this world coming to? Now he gets life doing free prostate checks ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Doctor opens fire in hospital

Quote Originally Posted by hinkleid View Post
    Good Grief! Even educated physicians going postal. What is this world coming to? Now he gets life doing free prostate checks on his roommates.
    Level of education has nothing to do with it. Anyone can be crazy!!
    Hopyard, Reaperman357 and DaveH like this.
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by jumpwing View Post
    I'm guessing the top-notch research department at BuffaloNews pulled that directly from his resume.
    Well, at least he didn't claim to be the guy who shot Bin Laden. Because that was ME!

Oh, and can anyone tell me where to find a "high powered handgun"??
    "...he fired multiple rounds from a high-powered handgun..."
    This is like the story I read yesterday. A guy killed someone and was said to have "an arsenal of guns" because he had 3. Lol. I guess I would be considered to have a gun store??

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Quote Originally Posted by 8th ID View Post
    Level of education has nothing to do with it. Anyone can be crazy!!
    Very good point. However, as education increases likelihood is less.

As a side note, I am a clinical therapist.
    Hopyard likes this.
    Ed Brown Kobra 45
    Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II
    Glock 33

Quote Originally Posted by jumpwing View Post
    Oh, and can anyone tell me where to find a "high powered handgun"??
    Right next to the assault clips.

Seriously though, the reporting on this is just horrible. It's like they're trying to make this guy out to be some super Rambo or something. He's probably just some nut bag that lost it after he couldn't hack it in the military. Since he was involved in previous domestic disputes, I'd say this guy has been going down hill for awhile.

SF sounds legit to at least some extent. 2 periods of service tells me that maybe he went back in as an O or reservist/guardsman. Though if ACM and MSM are the highest awards, sounds like he didn't see combat.

"A decorated soldier, Jorden had a military career that spanned 18 years and two periods of service. During his years of service, he earned numerous medals and commendations including the Army Achievement Medal, Army Commendation Medal, Meritorious Service Medal and Master Parachute Badge Scuba Diver Badge Special Forces Tab. "

Buffalo Hospital Shooting: Police Search Surgeon's Home - ABC News

It really doesn't matter one way or the other if the guy was Special Forces or just "special", it is a clear indication that something happend somewhere to provoke him into an action like this.

I know a few, some of them have Bi-Polar issues and can fly into a rage over things that others who don't would not even blink an eye over. Yet, to those who suffer from this, the world is out to get them, or they are being wronged by others and they want to lash out and destory what they believe is causing their pain and suffering. Usually it is a loved one.

I definitely am not excusing this man, but if I am guessing what went wrong, I'm voting some type of Bi-Polar or Manic Depressive episode.

To add to it, it is extremely difficult to tell if someone has this malady. Sometimes the "warning signs" are just not noticed. It is extremely hard to diagnose, and to treat.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

They walk amongst us. Something to remember when daring to think "it can't happen to me."

It can be tough to withstand a violent attack unless one has the means and will to do so. Uncertain what, if any, opportunities the victim had to sidestep or resist the attack. Hard to be armed as a doc in a hospital.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    From the article it seems there were a lot of red flags nobody picked up on.
    Exactly, sounds like there was a trigger event that sparked irrational behavior. No mention of what that event might have been except maybe news of his impending mortality.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    That would be aisle 5........
    Next to the low-powered handguns. Hard to tell them apart though.

Tragic. He needs to study the Hypocratic Oath.

Very sad indeed. The "nuts" are every where I guess.
    BA
    Kahr CM9, Beretta PX4 SC .40, Ruger LCP/LM, Dan Wesson .357, Beretta 21A .22, Four Aces .22, H&R .22, Marlin .22 rifle and 1946 Remington 12 gauge.

VIP Member
    Hmm, we spend years teaching them to kill on our behalf, send into the field to fight for the country where killing is second nature, and then discharge them without a good re-integration process. Who would have thought this would have been the result?

Service personnel make great sacrifices on behalf of the country. When they come home, the country puts the genie back in the bottle so to speak. Sometimes though, the bottle cracks.
    garyacman likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    Exactly, sounds like there was a trigger event that sparked irrational behavior. No mention of what that event might have been except maybe news of his impending mortality.
    Maybe, but from the first article here on the thread, it sounds like his violence and stalking behavior towards this woman has been going on for some time........
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    Nikita Patel, 25, a University at Buffalo medical student from Los Angeles doing clinical work at ECMC, was unable to get into the building following the lockdown. "A few of my friends are inside, and they texted me to make sure I'm safe," Patel said.

an answer has been found and we no longer need our guns----

if you need someone to be safe--text them
    this goes right up there with the 'gun free zone' signs

not to demean the many who are in their right mind and serve our country....but half the people in any
    area of study graduate in the bottom half of their class. and johns hopkins is not going to hire them so where do they go...

a good ( bad, actually) many turn to unkle sam. local, state, federal or military...there is an opening for them.
    and this guy seemingly was ejected by the military in under 3 years.
    ...ya think they knew something about him....

that much weight loss and food in the ceiling congers up thoughts of drug abuse

"I wasn't dead, i was in Buffalo." DeNire/ once upon a time in america
    so he ends up in Buffalo. need more be said?
    Be aware, be deliberate in your actions and be accurate.
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Quote Originally Posted by Chaplain Scott View Post
    Maybe, but from the first article here on the thread, it sounds like his violence and stalking behavior towards this woman has been going on for some time........
    True, he was near the edge but something pushed him over.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links