Doctor opens fire in hospital

This is a discussion on Doctor opens fire in hospital within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by paramedic70002 Dang. Got to be more to the story. I was thinking that. He has lost a major amount of weight and ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Doctor opens fire in hospital

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    Dang. Got to be more to the story.
    I was thinking that. He has lost a major amount of weight and has drastic "character" changes. Drugs come to mind.
    Mental illness also comes to mind...though the drugs could have added that. With the resources he has and the skill sets he has....I don't believe they will take him alive. If he has any sanity left...they may never find him.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    I was thinking that. He has lost a major amount of weight and has drastic "character" changes. Drugs come to mind.
    Mental illness also comes to mind...though the drugs could have added that. With the resources he has and the skill sets he has....I don't believe they will take him alive. If he has any sanity left...they may never find him.
    They'll find him. They'll bring in Col. Trautman. "Covey leader to Raven...Covey leader to Raven...Talk to me Johnny.."

Rambo and Trautman Radio Conversation - YouTube
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

You hardly have to be a Special Forces weapons expert to shoot an unarmed person at point blank range in a stairwell. Just about any coward with a gun can accomplish that.
    Sig 210, Aiko and Reaperman357 like this.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by Gene83 View Post
    You hardly have to be a Special Forces weapons expert to shoot an unarmed person at point blank range in a stairwell. Just about any coward with a gun can accomplish that.
    True,but he has the knowledge and ability to escape and evade LEO in the back country pretty much forever if he chooses,he also has the ability to make crude booby traps that can kill or incapacitate anybody searching for him,he isn't your normal street level punk,
    Spirit51 and Reaperman357 like this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Bingo!!!

Maybe a night cop will catch the murdering coward eating from a dumpster. That's how Eric Rudolph was caught after the FBI quit looking for him.

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    True,but he has the knowledge and ability to escape and evade LEO in the back country pretty much forever if he chooses,he also has the ability to make crude booby traps that can kill or incapacitate anybody searching for him,he isn't your normal street level punk,
    I understand that. However, thanks to the internet, I have an entire Army Field Survival Manual downloaded on my cell phone. But the media likes to toss out Special Forces training as casually as they do the term "high powered handguns". I think it does a disservice to those who served in the Special Forces. (I wasn't real keen on the idea of everybody wearing berets either)
    Black Knight likes this.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Distinguished Member
    Well, at least he didn't eat her face off. No zombie thing involved.

Senior Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar
    He`ll walk on this the same way O.J. did. Not One word in the news tonight on this. He`ll get a bunch of liberal lawyers to push the Boo-Hoo nobody loves me scenario and walk out the door. Very Sad!.

I don't believe for a SECOND that this guy was in SF. He was only in the Army 2 years. The guys I knew in the SF (some of our medics) I know had more than 2 years just in training AFTER making it 'in.' Probably some story he told the chicks...and it just got passed around. I've met plenty of guys at work who claim to be vets, etc. The first thing I ask them is "What was your MOS?" If they can't answer that, they're liars. Then I ask them to bring in a copy of their DD219. Yeah, I know it's a DD214, but do they?
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

So the question in my mind is did he cross over the border yet? Not too difficult to "borrow" a boat if you don't want to cross a bridge.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

He murdered a girl at point blank range according to reports, if those reports hold true, not sure what makes him different from a street level punk?

QUOTE=dukalmighty;2288434]True,but he has the knowledge and ability to escape and evade LEO in the back country pretty much forever if he chooses,he also has the ability to make crude booby traps that can kill or incapacitate anybody searching for him,he isn't your normal street level punk,[/QUOTE]

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    This could be why some of us carry in our doctor's office.

Quote Originally Posted by ctr View Post
    Hmm, we spend years teaching them to kill on our behalf, send into the field to fight for the country where killing is second nature, and then discharge them without a good re-integration process. Who would have thought this would have been the result?

Service personnel make great sacrifices on behalf of the country. When they come home, the country puts the genie back in the bottle so to speak. Sometimes though, the bottle cracks.
    I had to read your post a couple of times till I realized what you were saying. Look, Your first paragraph is painting a very large diverse group of people with one rather large and inaccurate brush. Some folks take a statement like that and will spin it into stuff like "everyone that was in combat has PTSD" or some other idiotic statement. Just because all service members are trained on how to shoot a weapon and qualify twice a year does not make them trained killers where killing is second nature. Way too many sterotypes are being used. Fact is most folks never hear a shot and the closest they have been to killing someone is themselves after drinking too much after a promotion party and crashing a car into a tree.

As far as putting the genie back, again a generality and stereotype. True, many are misdiagnosed or not diagnosed at all after leaving the service. And don't get me started on the VA.

Anybody read this story? Now, here's an interesting twist...

At suspect
    Sig 210 likes this.

Gene83, thanks for the new info.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links