Doctor opens fire in hospital

This is a discussion on Doctor opens fire in hospital within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by NH_Esau SF sounds legit to at least some extent. 2 periods of service tells me that maybe he went back in as ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Doctor opens fire in hospital

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NH_Esau View Post
    SF sounds legit to at least some extent. 2 periods of service tells me that maybe he went back in as an O or reservist/guardsman. Though if ACM and MSM are the highest awards, sounds like he didn't see combat.

"A decorated soldier, Jorden had a military career that spanned 18 years and two periods of service. During his years of service, he earned numerous medals and commendations including the Army Achievement Medal, Army Commendation Medal, Meritorious Service Medal and Master Parachute Badge Scuba Diver Badge Special Forces Tab. "

Buffalo Hospital Shooting: Police Search Surgeon's Home - ABC News
    Okay, that's more believable. The first story listed only two years of service, not 18.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    Physician Do No Harm.

I guess he thought it was the Hypocritical Oath and not the Hippocratic Oath.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You know what? He had to be completely filled with hatred to be a TRAUMA SURGEON and shoot an ex-girlfriend Point Blank multiple times. That's truly sick and evil.

I'll bet now he just wishes that he had logged onto eharmony.com and found a new girlfriend.
    Spirit51, msgt/ret and Aiko like this.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    I'll bet now he just wishes that he had logged onto eharmony.com and found a new girlfriend.
    His wish might come true, more or less: there are plenty in D Block who would just love to make his acquaintance, I'm sure.

Another wish well come true, too: he doesn't sound like someone who'd say 'no' to suicide by cop, given the alternatives.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gene83 View Post
    Anybody read this story? Now, here's an interesting twist...

At suspect
    Hmm, the plot thickens.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jumpwing View Post
    Oh, and can anyone tell me where to find a "high powered handgun"??
    What, you don't already have the new Glock .338 Lapua?
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Found dead near his home. Gunshot wound to head.
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

I am relieved that this man killed himself instead of making LEO shoot him. Too bad he didn't just kill himself in the first place, instead of killing that single mother.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 8th ID View Post
    Not a surprising end.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 8th ID View Post
    Link to story: Body Of Dr. Timothy Jorden Found | WKBW News 7: News, Sports, Weather | Buffalo, NY | Top Stories
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Well the fool finally did the right thing too bad it was in the wrong order.
    Spirit51 and 8th ID like this.

Administrator
    wow...all that time and life effort to become a trauma surgeon - just to turn dumb-ass murderer of an ex-girlfriend and then on to end it all and become a pathetic suicide victim.

What a waste and now 2 families strapped with the burden of horrible tragic memories that they will have forever.

Way to go Doc.
    Spirit51 likes this.

YEP... he had been planning this ahead... he had taken out $36,000 out of his bank account prior to shooting her, and handing money out to "friends", and numerous other things that should have thrown some flags.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Protect Yourself

I am deeply saddend that this lady lost her life by the hands of this arrogant ******* she didn't deserve to be killed my prayers go out to her family,

Now keeping it real, you should protect yourself at all times, no Police can ever protect you from a stalker and you should do the right thing file police reports and take out restraing orders this is just legal bull, but you must keep yourself protected get a GUN!!!!! Shoot to KILL them these people must be stopped it's you or them and I like to be on top so it would be them.
    My sister was killed by a stalker and what I learned from that horrific situation is that you must Kill them there is no reasoning expose these crazy ass folks the media should allow us to put these folks on local television and expose them. But you must protect yourself show no fear when they threaten you threaten them back and show them you are serious these men are punks and once you challange them they back down kill them stop being afraid and thinking they won't hurt you they wil kill you. Trust me

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    I had to read your post a couple of times till I realized what you were saying. Look, Your first paragraph is painting a very large diverse group of people with one rather large and inaccurate brush. Some folks take a statement like that and will spin it into stuff like "everyone that was in combat has PTSD" or some other idiotic statement. Just because all service members are trained on how to shoot a weapon and qualify twice a year does not make them trained killers where killing is second nature. Way too many sterotypes are being used. Fact is most folks never hear a shot and the closest they have been to killing someone is themselves after drinking too much after a promotion party and crashing a car into a tree.

As far as putting the genie back, again a generality and stereotype. True, many are misdiagnosed or not diagnosed at all after leaving the service. And don't get me started on the VA.
    I was speaking of soldiers who see heavy combat, including SF soldiers. You may disagree with the position, but the statistics repeatedly bear out the truth. This is a lesson our leaders have yet to learn despite over seventy years of data.

At least Jorden had the sense to take care of his problem himself and not shoot it out with the cops. I wish he got the sequence right by eating a hollow point first before he hurt that defenseless lady. Yut.
    "embrace the suck" - our warriors in the sandbox... it implies that do the best you can in impossible conditions.
    "no plan survives intact upon contact with the enemy" - wisdom of the Grunts.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links