BAD: Missing woman found slain.

This is a discussion on BAD: Missing woman found slain. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Basic story: This lady was out jogging with her sister. She told her sister she was ill and couldn't finish the run and turned around. ...

Like Tree9Likes
  • 4 Post By Yankeejib
  • 1 Post By Spirit51
  • 2 Post By RETSUPT99
  • 1 Post By 8th ID
  • 1 Post By Eagleks

Thread: BAD: Missing woman found slain.

Basic story: This lady was out jogging with her sister. She told her sister she was ill and couldn't finish the run and turned around. Sister continued the run, got car and returned and couldn't find her sister. She was found later in the day. Man arrested. No cause of death has been released.

Missing woman found dead in Russell County slain | Kentucky News - WLKY Home

It seems crazy to me to be out jogging without something to use as a defensive weapon. Prayers to the family.
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

We have a whole sub-section of society that are strictly opportunists. They seek an advantage of something they can steal or take from you and they have no regards at all for humanity,let alone law. And they come on like a light bulb when they spy a potential situation (although for the most part, they're dumb as hell--just witness how fast this waste got picked up). They're dangerous since they don't operate under the same rules and norms as actual real people do. These are the ones we carry for.

We passed the mark a few years ago where we couldn't let our kids wander freely due to predators.
    It's hard to even imagine what kind of sick worthless individual could even consider such actions, but we know from numerous accounts, there's plenty of them.
    Be safe.

I'll bet her sister is beating herself up for leaving her sister behind.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

OP states, "It seems crazy to me to be out jogging without something to use as a defensive weapon."

It isn't crazy. It is naive. It borders on delusional. People like this poor girl (and her sister) are either unaware of the monsters among us or just don't believe they will ever be "touched" by one. There is nothing we can do about them. They usually refuse to believe any advice about self defense they are told. "I don't go places that these people would be" is what they think, not wanting to realize the possibility of these monsters everywhere....anytime.

The only good to be had from this is that they caught this one and MAYBE some other sweet young thing (or anybody) will take this to heart and look into self defense to take the responsibility of their lives in their own hands and not be left to the "crap shoot" that is today's dangerous animals.
    tcox4freedom likes this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

It seems that there may be a dirtbag around every corner!
    In today's world, anyone who ventures out without a means of SD is a crime looking for a place to happen.
    It's always hard to convince the of this fact.
    It's also hard to save everyone, just be prepared for yourself and family.
    tcox4freedom and Spirit51 like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

retsupt99-

I don't think the sheep can be converted. Sadly. There are many people I work with who look at me like I'm some sort of GUN NUT. I'm old enough that it doesn't bother me.
    Spirit51 likes this.
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

VIP Member
    Beautiful wife and mom, killed by a bottomfeeding scumbag.

Hopefully he will get his just deserts.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Funny, the suspect doesn't even look like a bad guy!
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    The area this took place in is a rural/ resort area of Ky. But meth is running wild these days. RIP

It's the "it will never happen here" , or " it won't happen to me " sydrone. Always shown to be a bad assumption... but no matter how many times it does, there are those that just cannot imagine it happening to them, or in their area.

I particularly love the .... "but I live in a good neighborhood" ....... well, do you think any smart criminals are going to do a home invasion or robbery in the poorest parts of town. Amazes me.
    8th ID likes this.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Sponsored Links