FL man stands his ground against a 4 year old - Page 3

FL man stands his ground against a 4 year old

This is a discussion on FL man stands his ground against a 4 year old within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Mr. Rogers, he's not!...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 52
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: FL man stands his ground against a 4 year old

  1. #31
    VIP Member Array Hiram25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Wyoming, DE
    Posts
    11,136
    Mr. Rogers, he's not!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku


  2. #32
    Senior Member Array sensei2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    washington state
    Posts
    1,089
    a more accurate and less inflammatory headline would be, "man pulls gun on six kids between 4 and 16 years of age."


    it was still an unwarranted and extremely stupid thing for him to do. any history of mental illness?
    tcox4freedom likes this.

  3. #33
    VIP Member Array ccw9mm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    27,350
    Quote Originally Posted by sensei2 View Post
    it was still an unwarranted and extremely stupid thing for him to do. any history of mental illness?
    There is now.
    Spirit51 likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

  4. #34
    VIP Member Array ccw9mm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    27,350
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    So mom went over to that house and brought a friend for support, but didn't 911 it.
    Nothing I've read would justify what was allegedly done, but the story just doesn't exactly pass
    my sniff test. Why did she bring a friend? Expecting trouble?
    The 16yr old child called for her to come pick them up, but reportedly didn't divulge the nature of the situation over the phone in order to avoid further inflaming the situation. So, the mother and friend came expecting to pick them up, but they'd have had no idea of the gravity of the situation, let alone that the kids were being held at gunpoint. Not knowing the nature of the issue and having six kids to deal with, in a similar situation I might well bring a friend along to assist, particularly if the voice on the phone was clearly "stressed."
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

  5. #35
    Member Array boutaswell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Martinsburg, WV
    Posts
    60
    I apologize for only reading the first item before responding but I"m getting sick and tired of loonies making it harder and harder for me to carry concealed and to do stupid stuff to negate my ability to use the castle doctrine when it is really necessary. I'm beginning to see a trend here where the anti-gunners may have been right for once. Some people think they have been given carte blanche to use a firearm for anything thing without using the gray matter between their ears. For once the anti-gunner hype seems to be unfolding before our eyes; more and more people doing stupid things with guns. I know the media does the pile on because part of their function is to cast as bad of a light on guns and gun owners as possible but it does seem to me there are some out there that fully intend to help them do it. Sometimes I don't think the "8 hour ccw class" is sufficient to include some critical thinking issues.

    I think the anti-gunners are giving us enough rope to hang ourselves before they start making another head on charge "lets ban everything" charge.
    Richard, SFC US Army (Ret)

    “Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery?
    Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!” ― Patrick Henry

  6. #36
    Ex Member Array Yoda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    East Texas
    Posts
    2,782
    I am getting sick and tired of the media reporting whatever will garner the most interest whether it is true or not. Especially when it puts gun owners in a bad light.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Spirit51 likes this.

  7. #37
    VIP Member
    Array Mike1956's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Marion County, Ohio
    Posts
    11,060
    Quote Originally Posted by boutaswell View Post
    I apologize for only reading the first item before responding but I"m getting sick and tired of loonies making it harder and harder for me to carry concealed and to do stupid stuff to negate my ability to use the castle doctrine when it is really necessary. I'm beginning to see a trend here where the anti-gunners may have been right for once. Some people think they have been given carte blanche to use a firearm for anything thing without using the gray matter between their ears. For once the anti-gunner hype seems to be unfolding before our eyes; more and more people doing stupid things with guns. I know the media does the pile on because part of their function is to cast as bad of a light on guns and gun owners as possible but it does seem to me there are some out there that fully intend to help them do it. Sometimes I don't think the "8 hour ccw class" is sufficient to include some critical thinking issues.

    I think the anti-gunners are giving us enough rope to hang ourselves before they start making another head on charge "lets ban everything" charge.
    How are the occasional dolts making it harder and harder for you to carry concealed, or negating your castle doctrine defense?
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

  8. #38
    VIP Member
    Array msgt/ret's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    7,492
    Quote Originally Posted by gunthorp View Post
    6 kids on 1 ATV? He probably thought they were Viet Cong.
    That would have been a Honda 50 or 90 instead of an ATV.
    gunthorp likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

  9. #39
    VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Franklin, VA
    Posts
    5,150
    https://maps.google.com/maps?q=4036+...32409&t=h&z=20

    Got to be more to the story. I doubt, having seen the sat image, he would have had the opportunity to draw down on them if they were just turning around in the driveway.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

    Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

  10. #40
    Member Array boutaswell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Martinsburg, WV
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    How are the occasional dolts making it harder and harder for you to carry concealed, or negating your castle doctrine defense?
    I hope you are pulling my chain with that remark and don't seriously mean it. Broaden your thinking a little and remember the big picture. They aren't physically making it harder for me; it makes it a harder uphill battle for all of us. We didn't get to where we are overnight. "News put out by the media inflames the populace which makes waves with the ignorant politicians who start making stupid decisions on the hill in order to pacify those squeaky wheels whining about the castle doctrine or concealed carry which was first harped upon by the media all because some "occasional dolt" didn't use his fricking brain to do a bit of critical thinking, whose first thought is "I've got carte blanche to do whatever I want because the law says I can. Just because a law has been put into place to support our side of the issue does not negate the need to not do things stupidly. If your life or the lives of others are at risk, that's one thing, doing something just because the law says you can does not mean that your response was the proper response.

    Did I muddy that enough for you?
    Richard, SFC US Army (Ret)

    “Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery?
    Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!” ― Patrick Henry

  11. #41
    VIP Member
    Array Mike1956's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Marion County, Ohio
    Posts
    11,060
    Quote Originally Posted by boutaswell View Post
    I hope you are pulling my chain with that remark and don't seriously mean it. Broaden your thinking a little and remember the big picture. They aren't physically making it harder for me; it makes it a harder uphill battle for all of us. We didn't get to where we are overnight. "News put out by the media inflames the populace which makes waves with the ignorant politicians who start making stupid decisions on the hill in order to pacify those squeaky wheels whining about the castle doctrine or concealed carry which was first harped upon by the media all because some "occasional dolt" didn't use his fricking brain to do a bit of critical thinking, whose first thought is "I've got carte blanche to do whatever I want because the law says I can. Just because a law has been put into place to support our side of the issue does not negate the need to not do things stupidly. If your life or the lives of others are at risk, that's one thing, doing something just because the law says you can does not mean that your response was the proper response.

    Did I muddy that enough for you?
    So, they aren't really affecting your ability to carry concealed or negating your castle doctrine abilities. Got it. Thanks.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

  12. #42
    Member Array boutaswell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Martinsburg, WV
    Posts
    60
    I'm sorry . Case closed.
    Last edited by boutaswell; June 18th, 2012 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Cause I'm not going to get into a ******* contest.
    Richard, SFC US Army (Ret)

    “Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery?
    Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!” ― Patrick Henry

  13. #43
    Ex Member Array oldrwizr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Durham, N.C.
    Posts
    413
    They could've done doughnuts on his front lawn and he'd still have no legal recourse to draw on them, much less shoot them. Of course, he could always take the Zimmerman "Taking My Chances With A Jury" approach, if he thinks his money should belong to a lawyer.

  14. #44
    Senior Member Array Chevy-SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    926
    Sorry, but you guys here are all basically just guessing at what actually transpired. The media (always my first suspect in these types of stories) has likely hyped this all out of proportion - similar to what they did with the Trayvon Martin 911 call (where it was edited to make it appear that Zimmerman was a racist).

    If it's dark out and a group of youths come onto my property, I am going to pay close attention. Every single one of us here would also be paying close attention.

    If the kids were simply "turning around", then WHAT TOOK SO LONG that gave the homeowner time to grab a gun and exit the house? I can "turn around" in someone's driveway and be gone before they ever have a chance to come out the front door.

    I'm just sayin' - don't jump to conclusions........

    -
    packinnova likes this.
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

  15. #45
    VIP Member Array ccw9mm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    27,350
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevy-SS View Post
    Sorry, but you guys here are all basically just guessing at what actually transpired.

    I'm just sayin' - don't jump to conclusions.
    As with any scenario presented, it's based on the reports and information we have. If as reported, the scenario is what it is. Of course, we all know reporting can frequently be a partial twist on what actually occurred. Focusing on what might actually have been the case instead of the basic scenario as presented/reported is rarely the question posed by original postings. One could easily create a threat to pose just such questions, but then that would all be speculation as well.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

07 john deere gator 6-wheel
,
6 wheel drive suv gator
,

6 wheel gator

,

6 wheeled gator

,

6-wheel gator atv

,

big alligator caught in deer point lake, florida

,

gator 6 wheeler

,

gator/6wheeler

,

john deere 6 wheeler

,

john deere alligator

,

largest gator ever caught deerpoint lake pc fl

,

man 6 kids driveway forum

,

man arrested in southport florida

,
nra bit course southport fl nov 5 & 6
,
six wheel gator
Click on a term to search for related topics.