Police taser Used On Nude 80-Year-Old

This is a discussion on Police taser Used On Nude 80-Year-Old within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Hopyard Dang it, I'm in full agreement with Spirit; the world is going to end. Tell me about it....I gave you a ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Police taser Used On Nude 80-Year-Old

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Dang it, I'm in full agreement with Spirit; the world is going to end.

Tell me about it....I gave you a couple of "likes". Is this the end, my friend?
    garyacman likes this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    Its fairly easy to take a cane from someone, and this sort of story make me wonder if they don't teach
    "come alongs." Somewhere between doing nothing and engaging in inappropriate use of force there is a
    gentler solution.
    Come alongs? Thing of the past.

Consider that most of the people entering the police force have never shot a gun, never been in a fight, got a trophy on their Little League team for showing up...that lost more games than they won.
    Many of them dont even possess critical thinking skills, because they were taught at school not to use them.

It used to be, here in the South anyway, that the cops were big, ugly and not only knew how to fight, some of them acutally liked the challenge.
    Now, you have some fair haired boys that arent sure they are men cause they never had a Dad to teach them how to be one, that even upon graduating the Academy dont seem to be much better off than they were when they entered. They have been taught to be so touchy feely, how not to hurt someones feelings, and dont do this are that or this for fear of being sued.

Its really not like it used to be. An honestly, I would have not been suprised that one or a couple of them didnt pull a gun on her, because you know, a can could be used as a deadly weapon.

Communication skills? Thats a thing of the past too it seems. Most of the new guys have the communication skills of a statue. I've seen 5 year old kids that did a better job of communicating.

Dang it, I'm in full agreement with Spirit; the world is going to end.
    I've been telling you that for years.

Lazy? Yeah. Taser? Yeah...its the easy way out. They dont have to be police that way, they just have to know how to pull the trigger.

Sad aint it?
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Hot Guns....sad doesn't come close to it. Tragic is a better word. I am glad our deputies here are of the old school...but makes me worry now about the ones that will follow. I didn't realize that the LEOs in many places have changed that much. Can't they get "old school" instructors?
    Crowman and Reaperman357 like this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Sure there are some old school instructors left, but let me paint you this picture:

I just graduated in April, my academy was "THE" academy to attend. The fact that I graduated from this academy kind of gives me a little more prestige than other rookies. It's kind of like the Ft. Benning of the police academies in my state...well I guess I should say it was.

We had a retired salty Marine D.I, a retired Gunny and the class coordinator is an Army 1SG. They trained us right! Well, they got in trouble for calling us, wait for it, "stinking nasties". They were ordered to "lighten up" so this cycle received privillages it took us weeks to earn in a few days. Not because they are any better then we were (when we graduated they told us that we were the best class in years *patting self on back*) but because the instructors were being too tough.

I really think that all LE should have to spend a week working a psych ward. The stuff I learn working with psych patients has helped me greatly working with "normal" people.

All the above said though, not going to Monday morning quarter back with only the information in that article…
    Hopyard likes this.
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    ----
    If not me, then who?

Depends on the particular departments use of force policy. Those policies evolve over time. Tasers and sprays have been in a race to the bottom of the ladder. At one point my old department put tasers after soft hand techniques. They based that on studies they had at that time that showed tasers resulted in fewer injuries to both suspects and officers than a good old fashioned beat down. Don't know what their policy is now though.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

I hope there were no mounted police in the area, her outfit would have scared the horses.
    Spirit51 and Hopyard like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I'm thinking verbal skills on this one too. I have seen some fairly spry 80 year old folks. I have seen many with canes. I have never yet seen one that would scare simply because they were holding a cane.. Now a chainsaw......
    All men are equal...CC makes us equal-er.

(when we graduated they told us that we were the best class in years *patting self on back*)
    Something tells me they tell every class the same thing just to make you feel like you were special
    hk45c likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Something tells me they tell every class the same thing just to make you feel like you were special
    I think you may be right!
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    ----
    If not me, then who?

"One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector71 View Post
    Somethings are just not worthy of commenting on. An 80 year old woman? My God, where have all the men in this country gone?
    Their wives or boyfriends (lol) might be washing their clothes with lavender detergent Lavender Oil & Male Hormones | LIVESTRONG.COM

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    Tell me about it....I gave you a couple of "likes". Is this the end, my friend?
    Spirit51 likes this.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Administrator
    Good thing she didn't have an umbrella and try to hit the LEOs with her purse.

Come on cops...take a deadly life threatening cane smack or two from the 80 year old naked female nut job - calm her down - drape her with a ParaMedic sheet and lead her off to the lolly pop factory.

The Taser was totally unnecessary.

Just my personal opinion on that.
    BurgerBoy and Spirit51 like this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

LE won't hire anyone who has been in a fight now so what you get is a bunch who is afraid to get in a fight.
    Apparrently even with a little old naked lady I do see how the mere sight of that may cause PTSD though.
    Hopyard likes this.
    "Death Overcomes All"
    "All it takes for Evil to triumph is for Good men to stand by and do nothing"

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    Society wanted police who don't put their hands on citizens, and now you have what you wanted.
    "People who take an Internet handle of a great warrior, are usually the first to go fetal when crunch time comes." - Me

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links