Police taser Used On Nude 80-Year-Old - Page 3

Police taser Used On Nude 80-Year-Old

This is a discussion on Police taser Used On Nude 80-Year-Old within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; So lets take the officers involved, take their clothes from them and make them run a gauntlet of people firing tasers at them. Maybe then ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Police taser Used On Nude 80-Year-Old

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    So lets take the officers involved, take their clothes from them and make them run a gauntlet of people firing tasers at them. Maybe then they, and others like them, will think twice next time.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by noway2 View Post
    So lets take the officers involved, take their clothes from them and make them run a gauntlet of people firing tasers at them. Maybe then they, and others like them, will think twice next time.
    Thats an interesting thought process. What would you think if the 80 year old woman had whacked an officer upside the head with her cane and killed him?

Would you be on here saying that they should have tased her before they let it go that far? Or would you be thinking that the officer deserved it, for messing with a crazy old lady?

Hiram25 said it. No matter what you do,justified or not, sometimes you are danged if you do and danged if you dont, because with all the armchairing that goes on, you just cant win.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

I hesitate to criticize when I was not there and only have Internet and media to receive my information.

What if the 80 year old weighed 400 pounds and stood 6.5 feet tall?

And there's no telling what she has hidden under them wrinkles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yoda, I am, yes.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Good thing she didn't have an umbrella and try to hit the LEOs with her purse.

Come on cops...take a deadly life threatening cane smack or two from the 80 year old naked female nut job - calm her down - drape her with a ParaMedic sheet and lead her off to the lolly pop factory.

The Taser was totally unnecessary.

Just my personal opinion on that.

^^^^^^^^^YEP^^^^^^^

I'm in this camp on this one.............

A miniscule amout of discretion here from even Barney Fife would have had this situation under control and wrapped up before the news crews arrived.

The minute they got out of the squad car, the first thought in their head was, "we gonna get a lawsuit slapped on us if we lay a hand on her".

Hopefully the old gal is doing better, and that she has family there to support her now in her time of need.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by framedcraig1 View Post
    I'm thinking verbal skills on this one too. I have seen some fairly spry 80 year old folks. I have seen many with canes. I have never yet seen one that would scare simply because they were holding a cane.. Now a chainsaw......
    I sort of doubt verbal skills would help with someone that "out of it." But, a blanket tossed on her to cover her
    up could also tie up the dang cane, limit her use of her arms, and give an opportunity to lead her to ambulance.
    Plus, it would add some decency to the scene.

HG likes to refer to the Golden Rule and how adherence to it would solve 99% of the world's problems. Here's a
    good example. If that was your mom or grandma, how would you like her to be treated? Pig pile, or blanket?
    It comes down to the golden rule every bit as it does to police tactics.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Come alongs? Thing of the past.
    Strange, because you darn well better know how to defend against them.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I hesitate to criticize when I was not there and only have Internet and media to receive my information.

What if the 80 year old weighed 400 pounds and stood 6.5 feet tall?

And there's no telling what she has hidden under them wrinkles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dude, the visual on that is so wrong....OUCH MY BRAIN HURTS......

Not taking yodas scenario of the situation into account, I think the LEOs in this scenario went over the top. Hotguns is right about the new LE officers being snot nosed kids....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Senior Moderator
    Strange, because you darn well better know how to defend against them.
    That is true of course.

On the other hand, this new crop of proffesional thugs cant fight any better. I've been amazed as some of the things I have witnessed. It really has become apparent that as a nation we are becoming a bunch of sissys.

In fact, just this morning around 3 something, we has an incident with skank on skank crime that we actually labeled "sissy on sissy".

A blanket may have worked in this tasing case with the 80 year old. I'd bet anyone here a coke that using one never even crossed the mind of any cops because they are being taught not to go "hands on".
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

VIP Member
    That is true of course.

On the other hand, this new crop of proffesional thugs cant fight any better. I've been amazed as some of the things I have witnessed. It really has become apparent that as a nation we are becoming a bunch of sissys.

In fact, just this morning around 3 something, we has an incident with skank on skank crime that we actually labeled "sissy on sissy".

A blanket may have worked in this tasing case with the 80 year old. I'd bet anyone here a coke that using one never even crossed the mind of any cops because they are being taught not to go "hands on".
    Re: Part in bold, and OT__ HG, in that case you don't want to go hands on. Just let nature take its course
    and the problem takes care of itself. Not only that, the EMS gets to keep busy, the ER has customers, and the
    docs get to send out bills--- though they won't collect. Sometimes patience can lead to a very satisfactory outcome.

*yeah, just in case it isn't obvious that's sarcasm though I really don't see why society should care if those two
    cut each other.
    Andrew Jackson

VIP Member
    My Dad lived to be 89, he'd get "off" sometimes and would become combative and unreasonable. Using a taser on him never crossed our minds. We dealt with him with respect and patience. Of course I wasn't there with the 80 year old woman, but I'd guess they ran thru all their options too fast.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Thats an interesting thought process. What would you think if the 80 year old woman had whacked an officer upside the head with her cane and killed him?
    Extremely unlikely that situation would happen. While the world could end tomorrow most likely that won't but it could.

Its really a stretch that an 80 year old woman would have the upper body strength to kill with a cane. I doubt she was swinging it fast enough that one of the officers couldn't grab it.

The officer was wrong and wrong......
    Spirit51 likes this.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Your response is also indicative of an interesting thought process. The three options you provide:

1) the 80 year old woman had whacked an officer upside the head with her cane and killed him?
    2) they should have tased her before they let it go that far?
    3) thinking that the officer deserved it, for messing with a crazy old lady?
    How about none of the above. Well, maybe a little bit of number 3, as a teaching exercise so that they might experience what they were willing to dish out. I understand that in many jurisdictions to be issued a taser, you get to experience it as part of the training, but a lesson in dignity and decency is what is called for here.
    Hiram25 said it. No matter what you do,justified or not, sometimes you are danged if you do and danged if you dont, because with all the armchairing that goes on, you just cant win.
    Generally speaking, this is true and I would agree. In this particular case, while I have not worked in such a place, I know several individuals including my wife who have worked in (different) facilities dealing with both the elderly as well as the mentally retarded. In the case of the retarded, yes indeed, some of the are big and strong enough to easily crush and kill. In all the incidents I have heard about, all the discussions on their training, policies, procedures, etc, I can say with extreme confidence that using a taser is not an option that is even put on the table.

Distinguished Member Array CDW4ME's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    Police use taser On Nude 80-Year-Old

She had a cane, but she was 80 years old and nude. She didn't have any hidden weapons....er....ok....probably not.

No internal lock or magazine disconnect on my pistols!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links