Police taser Used On Nude 80-Year-Old

This is a discussion on Police taser Used On Nude 80-Year-Old within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Police use taser On Nude 80-Year-Old Police: Taser Used On Nude 80-Year-Old Woman Attempting Hit Officers With Cane CBS Charlotte Are police just getting ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Police taser Used On Nude 80-Year-Old

Police taser Used On Nude 80-Year-Old

Police use taser On Nude 80-Year-Old

Police: Taser Used On Nude 80-Year-Old Woman Attempting Hit Officers With Cane CBS Charlotte

Are police just getting lazy? She had a cane, but she was 80 years old and nude. She didn't have any hidden weapons....er....ok....probably not. They couldn't have used their superior forces to "take her down"? It makes the LEOs look like unreasonable bullies. Does anyone see it as reasonable to taser a old nude, be it crazy, old lady?
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

2. Remove Ads

In that situation, your technically wrong, no matter what you do.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    Somethings are just not worthy of commenting on. An 80 year old woman? My God, where have all the men in this country gone?
    DontTreadOnI likes this.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

I'm still trying to get past the visual...
    DontTreadOnI, Badey and garyacman like this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    I'm still trying to get past the visual...
    Yeah - they may have just thought those were loose fitting clothes.
    Nick62 and Spirit51 like this.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

I wouldn't have zapped her with YOUR taser.

Senior Moderator
    Would you rather have her pig-piled and the result be broken hips, arms or legs?

A Taser shot lasts 5 seconds and then its over. At that age, any broken bones may not have healed before she died of old age.
    atctimmy likes this.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    Does anyone see it as reasonable to taser a old nude, be it crazy, old lady?
    They are lucky the taser didn't kill her.

From the story in the initial post--"According to police, the woman, who spoke “confusingly,” began to swing her cane at the officers when police tried to take it away from the nude woman. As police continued to talk the woman out of swinging her cane at them, another officer used his Taser on the woman’s back."

Not only are they lucky the taser didn't kill her, they are lucky she didn't break a hip when the taser took hold of her.

A little patience, help from a female officer, and maybe the paramedics, and this would have been handled wisely.

This sounds a lot like behavior I've heard of in folk with both "old timers" and insulin shock. Among the symptoms of the
    latter: 'Feeling cranky or acting aggressive" & "Unclear thinking."

The unclear thinking extended to the responding officers.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Would you rather have her pig-piled and the result be broken hips, arms or legs?

A Taser shot lasts 5 seconds and then its over. At that age, any broken bones may not have healed before she died of old age.
    And when the taser hit her you think there wasn't risk of broken bones as she fell to the ground? My G_d, if all you can think of is to taser or pig pile on her, you aren't thinking. Sorry if that is offensive, but that's the way I see it.

This was an obviously ill woman, more than likely frail too, and she was treated like a 17 y.o. gang banger.
    Where's the humanity?
    Spirit51, DontTreadOnI and noway2 like this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

I don't know about you, but I have faced this problem before and it didn't take a "dog pile" and broken bones to subdue her.
    It only took three paramedics....two being women.

only difference was she was a couple of years older and not nude.
    Hopyard likes this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Please, no pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yoda, I am, yes.

I've visited more than a few Nursing Homes and have yet to see an unruly, confused 80 year old pig piled as you call it. Or Tasered either for that matter. Come on, a trained LEO against an 80 year old woman and he can't constrain her? Learn something new everyday I guess.
    Hopyard, Spirit51, Buckj and 1 others like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    I don't know about you, but I have faced this problem before and it didn't take a "dog pile" and broken bones to subdue her.
    It only took three paramedics....two being women.
    Its fairly easy to take a cane from someone, and this sort of story make me wonder if they don't teach
    "come alongs." Somewhere between doing nothing and engaging in inappropriate use of force there is a
    gentler solution.

Dang it, I'm in full agreement with Spirit; the world is going to end.
    Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Please, no pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There's a nice close up picture of a broken window. I guess the media felt it was important to their story to include it in the article

I have had to subdue many different people in the course of my career...all ages...both genders. I am not saying that a tasers wouldn't have made it easier on several younger ones, but if this is a example...tasers are being used too much without thought. Back in the day, we didn't have them (one medic did, but his thing was to hold onto a fence and tase himself. Yeah, he was a idiot, but entertaining). I believe that some thought should go into who it is being used on before it is deployed.
    Hopyard likes this.
    Susan B. Anthony
    Robert Heinlein

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links