Mobs of Drunken Teens Attack

This is a discussion on Mobs of Drunken Teens Attack within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Here is a problem just begging for self defense. I am afraid if this continues there will be dead drunken teens. Portland police shorten hours ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Mobs of Drunken Teens Attack

Mobs of Drunken Teens Attack

Here is a problem just begging for self defense. I am afraid if this continues there will be dead drunken teens.

Portland police shorten hours at Laurelhurst Park after reports of group of teen boys attacking others | OregonLive.com

If you notice the comments...the fact that they are black mobs is being left out of the press. I believe this is a mistake. Coloring the news to fit a profile is not going to work. Facts are facts.
    RayBar, Inspector71 and BurgerBoy like this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

2. Remove Ads

That would just break my heart if young people today started suffering the real life consequences of duplicating the glamorized hollywood violence they are brainwashed to see as acceptable behavior.
    Spirit51 likes this.
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined." -Obligatory Founding Father Quote

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    The media seems to omit the race on a regular basis,unless it is a white mob attacking someone of a different race. This is fact. Our local news channel will not mention race unless both parties are white.Does the race of a BG,or group of BG's matter? Not really, but why leave it out of the report? I watch reporters ask the public to call if they see a particular suspect,but they will not tell us the race. Strange.
    Sky Pilot and BurgerBoy like this.
    Pain is the best teacher,but nobody wants to go to his class.

When the past smothers the present, there is only desperation. When the future absorbs the present, life stands still. In either case a decision must be made because you only live now and you are only what you are now.

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.stuart View Post
    The media seems to omit the race on a regular basis,unless it is a white mob attacking someone of a different race. This is fact. Our local news channel will not mention race unless both parties are white.Does the race of a BG,or group of BG's matter? Not really, but why leave it out of the report? I watch reporters ask the public to call if they see a particular suspect,but they will not tell us the race. Strange.
    Why? It's the new fundementaly politically correct America! That's why!!
    mr.stuart and BurgerBoy like this.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

[QUOTE=Spirit51;2290088]Here is a problem just begging for self defense. I am afraid if this continues there will be dead drunken teens.

Portland police shorten hours at Laurelhurst Park after reports of group of teen boys attacking others | OregonLive.com

If you notice the comments...the fact that they are black mobs is being left out of the press. I believe this is a mistake. Coloring the news to fit a profile is not going to work. Facts are facts.[/QUOTE

Another reason race is left out is that civic and political leaders in the cities that this is occuring claim that identifying the race of individuals involved in these flash mob type of crimes will be considerd "race baiting".So the facts are hidden ......until someone gets a vid recording ,which has happend.
    The easy way is always mined.

One: around here, when they omit any information about the perp's race, you know.

Two: although I would never advocate this tactic, I can't help but wonder what kind of effect two or three quick warning shots into the ground/air would have on a group of half-tards running like dogs. Mamma's good little boy wouldn't have to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejib View Post
    One: around here, when they omit any information about the perp's race, you know.

Two: although I would never advocate this tactic, I can't help but wonder what kind of effect two or three quick warning shots into the ground/air would have on a group of half-tards running like dogs. Mamma's good little boy wouldn't have to die.
    It would be difficult to protect ones self in this situation and tough to protect ones self in court after.I am not sure i would even like to discuss it here ,that would probably start a storm.
    The easy way is always mined.

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    the sherrif's getting nearer...

come on, there is no doubt that the end is near
    i hear the wimpering
    ...disgusting!!
    Spirit51 likes this.
    Be aware, be deliberate in your actions and be accurate.
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejib View Post

Shooting in the air??? one word GRAVITY.....bullet comes down...kills kid or someone else...involuntary manslaughter. In the ground? bullet hits rock...bounces off...hits kid....then instead of defending yourself...you killed a kid by accident....involuntary manslaughter.

Either way discharging a firearm in a city. You would be better off protecting your life with lethal force or keep the weapon holstered.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

[QUOTE=Spirit51;2290088If you notice the comments...the fact that they are black mobs is being left out of the press. I believe this is a mistake. Coloring the news to fit a profile is not going to work. Facts are facts.[/QUOTE]

The reality is that black-on-black and black-on-white crime is too common to make the headlines. White-on-black is "man bites dog" newsworthy. And this is not a judgement, merely a statement of fact borne out by our own DOJ statistics.
    CIBMike likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

The only thing that makes the race a issue to me is that it is being hidden. When I read a article with BG I want a description. I want as many of these as possible. Height....Weight....approx. age....hair color and style.....eye color....tattoos.....clothes description and RACE. That is part of the description. Better to give it than to have most people speculate about it.
    Susan B. Anthony
    Robert Heinlein

IF I'm attacked by 20-30 of ANYTHING I see it as a disparity of force. I may not have enough rounds for all of them, but maybe, if I get enough of them, the rest will run. I rarely go anywhere outdoors without my 9-year old daughter. And well...I'm her OFFICIAL BODYGUARD! A job I take more seriously than death! Happy Father's Day!!!
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

Your right. Attacked by a pack of anyone or anythings is a threat. Parents are going to have to realize that just because it is their "little darling" doesn't mean it can't be a threat to the life of a person...including a armed person. If one of them gets killed for the attacks....the parents should be arrested for not doing their parental duty.
    Susan B. Anthony
    Robert Heinlein

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    This place is slowly turning into the Police Gazette.
    Dadsnugun likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 21bubba View Post
    This place is slowly turning into the Police Gazette.
    So we should ignore the kind of criminals and crimes we could face? No thanks.
    CIBMike and tcox4freedom like this.
    Susan B. Anthony
    Robert Heinlein

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links