Update: Grand Jury recommends no charges for Texas father

This is a discussion on Update: Grand Jury recommends no charges for Texas father within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Sounds like the father caught him red-handed Authorities say a Texas father who beat to death a man who tried molesting his 5-year-old daughter will ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Update: Grand Jury recommends no charges for Texas father

Update: Grand Jury recommends no charges for Texas father

Sounds like the father caught him red-handed

Authorities say a Texas father who beat to death a man who tried molesting his 5-year-old daughter will not be charged.

Officials said the grand jury met Tuesday and declined to return an indictment against the father in the death of 47-year-old Jesus Mora Flores.

The attack happened on the family's ranch between the farming towns of Shiner and Yoakum. Investigators said the 23-year-old father ran toward his daughter's screams, pulled Flores off his child and beat him with his hands.

Authorities say forensic evidence and witness accounts corroborated the father's story that his daughter was being sexually molested.

Earlier, the Lavaca County Sheriff's Office said in a statement that the death would be treated as a homicide investigation, and the case was sent to the grand jury.

Sheriff Micah Harmon, according to the statement, believes the girl’s father is remorseful, and did not intend to kill Flores. He called the case "traumatizing" for the girl and her entire family.

"He was just protecting his daughter and doing what he thought he had to do to protect his daughter," Harmon said.

The victim was an "acquaintance" of the father who visited the ranch to help care for some horses, according to Harmon, adding he did not know how long the men may have known each other prior to the alleged incident.

A witness told law enforcement that Flores was seen forcibly carrying the girl to a secluded area, the statement said. When the girl’s dad found out, he began calling her name, and when he heard her screams, he moved in.

When emergency medical personnel arrived at the scene, Flores’ pants and underwear were down, and his genitals were exposed, the statement said. All the witnesses' statements corroborated the father’s story, the release said.

Flores had a green card and the sheriff’s office has been working with the Mexican Consulate to locate his family, The Gonzales Inquirer reported.
    Last edited by Rock and Glock; June 19th, 2012 at 11:34 PM.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    As it should be.
    Inspector71, sgb, ccw9mm and 3 others like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick62 View Post
    When emergency medical personnel arrived at the scene, Flores’ pants and underwear were down, and his genitals were exposed, the statement said. All the witnesses' statements corroborated the father’s story, the release said.
    He still had those? And they were recognizable?

I probably would have stomped them into some kind of mush, then proceeded to beat him senseless. But, I'm glad to hear that the father isn't in any real trouble. Hope it stays that way.
    Dandyone likes this.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

WE LOVE TEXAS... justice served with a side of “don’t mess with our family"

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    As it should be.
    Amen! Now the father can be with his daughter to help answer any questions she may have, and he can be there for her in general instead of her having to wonder, "Where's my Dad and why is he gone?"

Texas, NICE!
    8th ID, bigdogtx and Eagleks like this.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

VIP Member
    Good outcome, sad episode. The additional information about witnesses and forensics
    makes it clear that the father did nothing wrong.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

So people saw the girl being forcibly taken and didn't act and the attempted rapist was considered a victim - Wow.

But good on the grand jury.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolvingMag View Post
    He still had those? And they were recognizable?

I probably would have stomped them into some kind of mush, then proceeded to beat him senseless. But, I'm glad to hear that the father isn't in any real trouble. Hope it stays that way.
    This made me hurt thinking of it!

Sent from my DROID RAZR

A good ending to a sad story. Hopefully the girl can recover and leave this behind her. God bless Texas! Take note lame states!
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Good Deal.... thank goodness it was in Texas. NYC would have given him life.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Good outcome for Dad. Yes, he was and is a parent and will no doubt keep a better eye on daughter from now on.

It is however another incident in the declining of society. Flores had major propblems and dad had to beat him to death inadvertently to "fix" his problem. It seems like we are seeing more and more of the bad stuff and less good.

Time to take a hard look at what is going on these days. Why has it come down to things like this. Makes you wonder.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

This should have never went to a G.J.,but guess the D.A. was covering their butts,just wander how long now it will be before that clown E.Holder sends one of his goons to stir it up,espically being that the "Agressor" was an immigrant.

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    There are no really good endings in stories like this. Just glad he's not going to prison. The wounds will heal but the scars remain forever. I hope they can move on with regular lives.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by glockrocker View Post
    This should have never went to a G.J.,but guess the D.A. was covering their butts,just wander how long now it will be before that clown E.Holder sends one of his goons to stir it up,espically being that the "Agressor" was an immigrant.
    I believe that all homicides in texas go to a grand jury. It is standard procedure even if the castle doctrine or stand your ground apply.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links