It Really Can Happen Anywhere

This is a discussion on It Really Can Happen Anywhere within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; KFDM Channel 6 :: News - Top Stories - 3 arrested for robbing man at knife-point outside Silsbee Walmart My reason for posting this,I live ...

Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree11Likes
  • 1 Post By mr.stuart
  • 2 Post By RETSUPT99
  • 2 Post By mprp
  • 2 Post By Dennis1209
  • 2 Post By CDW4ME
  • 2 Post By gasmitty

Thread: It Really Can Happen Anywhere

  1. #1
    Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    usa-southeast texas
    Posts
    1,713

    It Really Can Happen Anywhere

    KFDM Channel 6 :: News - Top Stories - 3 arrested for robbing man at knife-point outside Silsbee Walmart


    My reason for posting this,I live in a small city,but the town of Silsbee,where this occurred, is over the hill and out in the woods. I mean in the boonies. Three men from Houston area,one white,one black,one hispanic,with a white women in the vehicle,attempt to rob a 71 year old in a Wal Mart parking lot. If BG's from Houston can end up here,they can be anywhere.
    Spirit51 likes this.
    Pain is the best teacher,but nobody wants to go to his class.


    When the past smothers the present, there is only desperation. When the future absorbs the present, life stands still. In either case a decision must be made because you only live now and you are only what you are now.

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #2
    Moderator
    Array RETSUPT99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    44,665
    Any time, any place...
    Stay armed...stay alert...stay safe!
    Spirit51 and mr.stuart like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

    ***********************************
    Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

  4. #3
    VIP Member Array mprp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,910
    What amazes me is how 3 or 4 people can get together to plan something like this. One of them had to come up with the idea, and the others said yeah that sounds good? Not only do idiots live among us, they're also attracted to eachother.
    Spirit51 and mr.stuart like this.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

    Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

  5. #4
    Senior Member Array Dennis1209's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    NW, TN
    Posts
    744
    Yep! You can occupy the same space at the same time with trash as I later found out here in Tennessee.

    Was at my local Wal-Mart about a year ago. Come to find out later I was in the check out line the same time 2 prison escapees convicted of murder were.

    That made me wonder... Just how many murderers, pedophiles, car jackers, gang bangers, druggies, home invaders, etc. do you come into close contact with at stores, on the street, sitting next to you in traffic and just plain old walking by?

    That thing polking me in my left love handle isn't comfortable but sure is comforting. I heard that somewhere
    mr.stuart and 8th ID like this.
    I think, therefore I am...

    <the Menace>

  6. #5
    Distinguished Member Array CDW4ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,244
    People tend to think of "good places" and "bad places" which is relatively true, but "bad people" have cars, bikes, and can walk which gives them access to "all places".

    Plus, they (bad people) know there is more money (or stuff) and maybe less resistance in "good places".
    niks and Ghettokracker71 like this.
    No internal lock or magazine disconnect on my pistols!

  7. #6
    Moderator
    Array gasmitty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Gilbert, AZ
    Posts
    10,365
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.stuart View Post
    Three men from Houston area,one white,one black,one hispanic,with a white women in the vehicle...
    Well at least they met the lib's diversity quota...
    mr.stuart and Moops like this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

  8. #7
    Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Calaveras County, California
    Posts
    1,688
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis1209 View Post
    Was at my local Wal-Mart about a year ago. Come to find out later I was in the check out line the same time 2 prison escapees convicted of murder were.
    That made me wonder... Just how many murderers, pedophiles, car jackers, gang bangers, druggies, home invaders, etc. do you come into close contact with at stores, on the street, sitting next to you in traffic and just plain old walking by?:
    Ask a Park Ranger. They used to be unarmed, the camper's friend. Now they are all LEOs, and they locate wanted people fairly often. Apparently felons think campgrounds are good hideouts so the Rangers run all the license numbers.

  9. #8
    Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    usa-southeast texas
    Posts
    1,713
    Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    Well at least they met the lib's diversity quota...

    Like a Rainbow Coalition.
    Pain is the best teacher,but nobody wants to go to his class.


    When the past smothers the present, there is only desperation. When the future absorbs the present, life stands still. In either case a decision must be made because you only live now and you are only what you are now.

  10. #9
    Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Under a rock.
    Posts
    1,763
    I live in the basically the middle of nowhere these days too, and its amazing the "well Im in the country" attitude about safety and this sort of thing the locals have here. YES the crime rate is really low, but it still ain't ZERO and never will be!


    "To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

  11. #10
    Moderator
    Array gasmitty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Gilbert, AZ
    Posts
    10,365
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghettokracker71 View Post
    I live in the basically the middle of nowhere these days too, and its amazing the "well Im in the country" attitude about safety and this sort of thing the locals have here. YES the crime rate is really low, but it still ain't ZERO and never will be!
    Amen to that. Eric Rudolph and Ted Kaczynski didn't hang out in the city or the 'burbs.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

  12. #11
    VIP Member
    Array oneshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    +42.893612,-082.710236 , Mi.
    Posts
    8,025
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis1209 View Post
    Yep! You can occupy the same space at the same time with trash as I later found out here in Tennessee.

    Was at my local Wal-Mart about a year ago. Come to find out later I was in the check out line the same time 2 prison escapees convicted of murder were.

    That made me wonder... Just how many murderers, pedophiles, car jackers, gang bangers, druggies, home invaders, etc. do you come into close contact with at stores, on the street, sitting next to you in traffic and just plain old walking by?

    That thing polking me in my left love handle isn't comfortable but sure is comforting. I heard that somewhere



    ^^^^YEP^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^


    For 30+ years
    I've been up and down the highways and by-ways of most of OH, western PA, ALL of MI, most of IN, N. half of Ill. and S. WI, SE Ontario, N Ky.,Some of Md,Va,Tn,Ga,Fl. and once or twice a week I wonder the same thing.
    SCARY!!!
    Knuckledraggers are everywhere, even/especially at your vacation destination.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

    Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

pic of bad thang that can happen in tn

Click on a term to search for related topics.