St Petersburg Home Invasion: "Police!, Police! Police!" - Page 2

St Petersburg Home Invasion: "Police!, Police! Police!"

This is a discussion on St Petersburg Home Invasion: "Police!, Police! Police!" within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; no knock is wrong on all levels and that those we elect, elect to allow it to happen means that they have turned on us ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: St Petersburg Home Invasion: "Police!, Police! Police!"

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    no knock is wrong on all levels

and that those we elect, elect to allow it to happen means that they have turned on us

it is not a simple 'us' blue, verses 'them' tax payer
    it is trough feeders vs fillers.
    Stubborn likes this.
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

There is some hesitation to make the sentence too harsh as it may cause them to just kill everyone in the house to avoid capture, as it would surly cause their death. If we jacked it up that high.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ntkb View Post
    There is some hesitation to make the sentence too harsh as it may cause them to just kill everyone in the house to avoid capture...
    Unfortunately, it seems that in an ever increasing amount of them, they are already doing that (or attempting to).
    EDC - M&P Shield .40, Ruger P90, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    town halls on line records of homes shows the floor plans

how hard is it for the entry team to LOOK at the records and than standing outside the WRONG home-- see that
    it is a different shape/color and do a double check before making an entry???????????

and if it should EVER happen that they enter the wrong address for records and proceed to ENTER the WRONG home...
    well, than they are each personally liable, and fired without pension and that town may never again do a no-knock.

there will be mistakes....and soon enough the towns will decide that no-knocks are to expensive
    AND STOP THIS NONSENSE
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

No knocks are a bad situation for everyone involved, correct house or not.

Being who I am, if it enters my castle uninvited, it gets engaged. Every person has a right to defend themselves, their interests, and especially their castle, lowlifes included (read: God-given human right, not "it's OK to shoot cops").
    Think about this, if a LEO draws a weapon on you (especially in your own home), effectively putting you in fear for your life and you defend yourself with matching force, you will be sentenced to death, almost certainly.
    If another civilian draws a weapon on you,same situation, and you defend yourself with matching force, you acted in self defense, and most people would see it as just.
    What is the difference? Because one works in LE and the other works in retailing (for example) does that make either more justified in taking away my God-given right (not discussing legal rights here, I agree that once you engage in illegal activities, you should lose a few) to life and security? The answer for me is no, regardless of their motivation in doing so. If you try to take away my rights to "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" among others, you will have to fight me for them, whether I'm in the right or not. And I will never blame anyone morally for doing the same.
    Bringing that back to the situation in the article, whether he believed them to be police or not, if someone came into his home, threatening his life and property, would it matter whether it was a mattress salesman, a reverend or a doctor? No, and it shouldn't matter with any other profession.

Defend your castle, and if it really is the police, and they're organized, you probably will die, but it's better than risking having to beg on your knees in front of a common thug, either way you having been stripped of your human rights, your honor, and everything else you hold dear.

All this being said, I have the utmost respect for any morally just profession, including law enforcement, but I have never put any of them on a pedestal more than another, I've never granted any of them the right to interact with me in an unfair way. And neither should any of you.

Back to the article, everything I've said has little to do with the article, because there was nothing leading the reader to believe that the homeowner was armed in any way.
    As we used to teach in the spook business, carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it you may shoot it. If you shoot it you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody - and he finds out about it - he may be very angry with you. -- Jeff Cooper

That is why I have a big protective German Shepard. He will give me enough time to wake up from the fog and react accordingly. When people knock on our door and we are home, buy the time I answer, they have backed away from the door a good 10 feet just based on the dog's bark and demeanor. My dog creates the perfect buffer zone.
    Lish likes this.

txron, I was thinking the same thing. If nothing else, out rottweiler will sent out the alert that we better get up NOW. She doesn't bark at just nothing and I love that about her, but you betcha a vehicle comes up my drive or a person is out there she lets me know. She gives the alert and she is intimidating as all get out. A big sweetie but that's not what the sign out front says.

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Rogers View Post
    You guys are already talking about suing ther police and yet in the article/photos it does not appear it was a police action.

Once again, what I see are pics of people who hardly look like the police to me. In some LE circles we call that a clue.

Back in my day at least you were not authorized to execute search warrants except between 0600-2200. Could that be a clue at 0430 in the morning?

Instead of sitting around talking about how you're going to shoot the police, maybe some time should be spent analyzing how you're going to deal with a home invasion by people who ain't the real police.

- Deter
    - Detect
    - Delay
    - Respond

How do you make them work for you?
    Yeah - this me makes think that being more serious about how we secure our main ingress points is in order. Hardening the doors by using solid wood or metal, 4" extended strike plate screws (into studs), beefier hinges screwed well into the stud should be the starting point.

I think back to movies I've seen of places in the "City" where they have a 4 bolts, a cross bar etc... Nowadays this is required everywhere. A rogue bunch of gang bangers should be slowed enough by a well hardened ingress for the occupant to gain their wits and SA up....
    rolyat63
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor

A gun in the hand is a million times more valuable than a cop on the phone!

FL Concealed Weapon or Firearm Program

I am not going to say police can't make a mistake or get the wrong adress but they always identify themselves even on an entry.
    The easy way is always mined.

With my tinnitus and being woken up at 4 am, I doubt that I would comprehend what anyone would be screaming. Somebody busts in my door at 4 am (anytime actually) and I'm defending myself accordingly. I hope and pray it isn't someone with a wrong address.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    Due to them yelling police, police...... it can put a home owner into a hairy situation as to how to react.
    SORRY you aren't a LEO until I know you are if you are trying to invade my HOME. Anyone can yell Police & criminals will which is a known tactic they will use.

I know you like to say how they will just MURDER me for defending my HOME against an illegal assault but whoever it is I'm not just a sitting duck anyway since I am a pessimist by nature & we will just leave it at that. You do know even with Tactical Gear Humans can be Hurt or worse?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links