Holder Hiding Behind Obama

This is a discussion on Holder Hiding Behind Obama within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This is disgraceful. I hope it backfires on them both. Justice Dept says president has exerted executive privilege over Fast and Furious documents - The ...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree138Likes

Thread: Holder Hiding Behind Obama

Holder Hiding Behind Obama

This is disgraceful. I hope it backfires on them both.

Justice Dept says president has exerted executive privilege over Fast and Furious documents - The Washington Post

This administration believes it is above the laws the rest of us live by.

Doesn't the public have the right to know when a scheme like this has failed? I can think of NO GOOD REASON to keep it from our elected officials and the voters. It is NOT a on going scam...it failed and took lives with it. If it wasn't for whistle blowers we would never have known. Give those guys a medal.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

2. Remove Ads

I believe this is important in this forum because of the goal of this scam.....demonize the gun owners and sellers in this country.
    ericb327 and QKShooter like this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

sgb
    Obama - The Man who would be King
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

It is being reported that this presidential privilege can only be used if Obama knew about this scam. If he did...then Obama Lied to Congress in saying he knew nothing about it. Just when you thought this present Administration couldn't get any dirtier....they throw on another shovel full.
    Susan B. Anthony
    Robert Heinlein

This thread has significant value IFF it remains Non-Political. Carry on. CHEERS.

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    It is being reported that this presidential privilege can only be used if Obama knew about this scam. If he did...then Obama Lied to Congress in saying he knew nothing about it. Just when you thought this present Administration couldn't get any dirtier....they throw on another shovel full.
    I can't wait to see how MSNBC, ABC and CBS spin this one!! More important, I can't wait to see who buys into the spin. I swear you just can't make this stuff up
    Spirit51 and beararms like this.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

This is disgraceful. I hope it backfires on them both.

This administration believes it is above the laws the rest of us live by.

Doesn't the public have the right to know when a scheme like this has failed?
    Yup ... on both counts. We should all be mad as hornets.

Tarred & feathered. Run out o' town on a rail. If it blows up and comes to this, things will get very ugly very fast.

Seems to me that our constitutional arrangement of having the Justice Dept essentially under the purvue of the Executive, we get bureaucrats feeling beholden to the politicos that put them there. Separation of the powers is wonderful, so long as it can be made to work. It ain't workin'.
    Spirit51, accessbob and garyacman like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    So, potentially lying to congress like he lies to everyone else?
    (Couldn't resist throwing that out there - Joking...joking.)

I don't know too much about it other than 'this one screwed up, and this one screwed up, and THIS one screwed up THEN lied about it'. And now we're getting another alleged 'this one screwed up and lied about his screw up and the other's screw ups'?

...I hate what our government has become...
    Spirit51 and atctimmy like this.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    nothing will happen to either of them. Holder, at worst, will resign and that's the end of it. ZerO will still be worshiped.
    Spirit51, msgt/ret and sgb like this.
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by deadguy View Post
    nothing will happen to either of them. Holder, at worst, will resign and that's the end of it. ZerO will still be worshiped.
    Probably right. Damage control already is in full swing and reading all the liberal comments is even making a grumpy old man like me burst out laughing. Gonna be a wild ride for the next couple of days for sure.
    Spirit51 likes this.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

Even if Holder is "indited" for contempt of congress Alfred E Obama will issue a presidential pardon on the way out the door so Holder has nothing to loose by obstructing.

VIP Member
    It is being reported that this presidential privilege can only be used if Obama knew about this scam.
    That is why I find the assertion of executive privilege so surprising. It amounts to a tacit admission of "what would be found in the documents is far worse than the political price to be paid for admitting the lie." And that IS scary.
    If the public are bound to yield obedience to laws to which they cannot give their approbation, they are slaves to those who make such laws and enforce them.--Samuel Adams as Candidus, Boston Gazette 20 Jan. 1772

Veteran--USA FA
    NRA Benefactor Life
    Tennessee Firearms Association Life

Just that act of excerting executive privilege tells me they definitely have something to hide. I smelled a rat from day one and now that rat smells even more.
    Spirit51 and phreddy like this.

Senior Member Array xsigma40cal's Avatar
    Of course Holder has something to hide, otherwise there wouldnt be all this political and legal maneuvering over documents that would blow the lid off this administrations entire agenda which has included the undermining of 2A supporters and garnering support for another round of assault weapons banning. Since "executive privilege" has been claimed, its only common sense that Obama was privy to the program at its inception. With 5 months left until his sorry hide gets booted out (fingers crossed, we might need it) it may be pointless to sanction Holder and start a legal process which involves a grand jury who will take months to decide whether a trial for contempt of congress is warranted, then go to trial, so on and so forth.

We should have seen this coming at the very beginning, knowing his record for supporting gun control and should be no suprise that its come to this. Theyre Chicago politicions after all.
    Spirit51 likes this.

It seems that, as usual, we are being shown smoke and mirrors, then told the putrid fish dinner we are being served is caviar, and there are those still yelling, "It's a WITCH HUNT," loud and long so that perhaps the man behind the curtain can pull off another win.

I wish the US media would report the truth, not the spin, but that is a bit much to expect I guess.

And I can promise you that those running Fast and Furious KNEW how those guns would be used. Those of us who get regular updates on the violence in Mexico know better than to let firearms "walk" into the drug cartel's hands.

The truth is, though, they do not need our semi auto weapons. Whenever they do suffer a raid that is successful, what is discovered is fully auto rifles, grenades, military grade explosives and more, which are not coming from the US gun dealers or our stolen weapons, but from other countries.

This was just a big screwing of the pooch from beginning to end obviously run by village idiots promoted to their level of incompetence.
    beararms, mprp, Pistology and 2 others like this.
    Fortune Favors the Bold!

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Links