Bad: warning shots get woman jailed

Bad: warning shots get woman jailed

This is a discussion on Bad: warning shots get woman jailed within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; We don't believe in warning shots... this is one reason why.... Story here I found this interesting tidbit inside the story above: Last weekend, Matthew ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Bad: warning shots get woman jailed

  1. #1
    VIP Member Array oakchas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    7,414

    Bad: warning shots get woman jailed

    We don't believe in warning shots... this is one reason why....

    Story here

    I found this interesting tidbit inside the story above:

    Last weekend, Matthew Fraling, former chief of the Baltimore state's attorney's office's gun unit, was arrested after a routine city traffic stop and charged with having a loaded .38-caliber handgun in the center console of his car. Police said he did not have a carry permit.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose


  2. #2
    Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    982
    If it weren't for firing warning shots I'm sure they would have gotten her for something else gun related. It's Baltimore, remember? The gubernment protects the citizens there.
    8th ID and mr.stuart like this.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

  3. #3
    VIP Member Array Harryball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Lansing Mi
    Posts
    7,311
    Running down the street firing into the air.....Priceless....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

    Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

  4. #4
    Ex Member Array barstoolguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    under a rock in area 51
    Posts
    2,548
    sounds like a bad deal, who carrys cash to buy a car... more like drugs



    here is the other side of the coin... if they are allowed to have a gun and permit then she would have been taught you can't fire into the air of a multitude of reasons so in essences the state by holding her back is the cause in the first place for her lack of education on guns… how is that for passing the buck?

  5. #5
    Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Oshkosh, Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,330
    Don't use a gun to protect your property... also don't run down the street shooting it in the air....
    Lish likes this.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

  6. #6
    VIP Member Array Spirit51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    West Central Missouri
    Posts
    2,248
    As we have discussed many times and have seen the tragedy of it....there is one huge problem with firing in the air. It is called GRAVITY. What goes up....must come down. There was a young girl killed in the Metro area here last 4th of July by this. The person who did it was sent to prison...besides having to live with it. Amish man killed a Amish girl riding in her buggy by doing it. I am sure it happens many times. That is one law people have to know and respect.....GRAVITY. Some one should do a program. Bullets, arrows, rocks.....remember the "Yard Darts"?
    QKShooter likes this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

  7. #7
    Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    Posts
    1,266
    Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    sounds like a bad deal, who carrys cash to buy a car... more like drugs
    I have. I've bought two cars listed on Craigslist, and paid cash for both. I've had one car bought from me through Craigslist, and it was paid for in cash.

    She didn't have a permit, and carried a weapon illegally- she screwed up. I don't think it's right that she couldn't get one, but, what she did was still illegal. AND she fired MULTIPLE rounds inside city limits.

    If things there were 'right' the worst she should get is whatever the penalty for discharging a firearm inside city limits is. But, it's not, so she gets carrying without a permit, AND discharge inside city limits. She did it to herself.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

    "Gun control means hitting your target every time."

    Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

  8. #8
    VIP Member Array mprp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,929
    Bummer is, she has now put herself right at the top of the list of people NOT to give a permit to if she did want to try and get one. I agree that she did this to herself. That's funny though, they found a hat, some cash and a handgun. And unless these thieves had on a pair of Depends, they probably found some feces.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

    Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

  9. #9
    Member Array hinkleid's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    ID
    Posts
    201
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolvingMag View Post
    I have. I've bought two cars listed on Craigslist, and paid cash for both. I've had one car bought from me through Craigslist, and it was paid for in cash.

    She didn't have a permit, and carried a weapon illegally- she screwed up. I don't think it's right that she couldn't get one, but, what she did was still illegal. AND she fired MULTIPLE rounds inside city limits.

    If things there were 'right' the worst she should get is whatever the penalty for discharging a firearm inside city limits is. But, it's not, so she gets carrying without a permit, AND discharge inside city limits. She did it to herself.
    I bought a brand new 2005 Honda Accord and paid around $25K in cash. I did it for the fun of it. More fun than writing a check. Too bad I only kept it 4 months and traded it for a Toyota 4Runner.
    Ed Brown Kobra 45
    Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II
    Glock 33

  10. #10
    VIP Member Array mlr1m's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    okla
    Posts
    4,298
    Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    sounds like a bad deal, who carrys cash to buy a car... more like drugs



    here is the other side of the coin... if they are allowed to have a gun and permit then she would have been taught you can't fire into the air of a multitude of reasons so in essences the state by holding her back is the cause in the first place for her lack of education on guns… how is that for passing the buck?
    It is attitudes like this that have allowed the Government to freely confiscate cash from people who have committed no crimes. There are many off us still out there who carry cash instead of credit cards.

    Michael

  11. #11
    Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,211
    Warning shots are a bad idea. I don't waste time with it.

  12. #12
    Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    Posts
    1,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Storm View Post
    Warning shots are a bad idea. I don't waste time with it.
    I've said it many times before--- I fire warning shots.



    Unfortunately for 'you' they're aimed center mass..





    accessbob likes this.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

    "Gun control means hitting your target every time."

    Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

  13. #13
    VIP Member
    Array ANGLICO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    I'm the guy next door that is polite, but does not tell you crap.
    Posts
    3,577
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    As we have discussed many times and have seen the tragedy of it....there is one huge problem with firing in the air. It is called GRAVITY. What goes up....must come down. There was a young girl killed in the Metro area here last 4th of July by this. The person who did it was sent to prison...besides having to live with it. Amish man killed a Amish girl riding in her buggy by doing it. I am sure it happens many times. That is one law people have to know and respect.....GRAVITY. Some one should do a program. Bullets, arrows, rocks.....remember the "Yard Darts"?
    Not to forget 'space junk' too!
    Socialism Kills! Time proven, with a very large body count! We are a Constitutional Republic....... not a Democracy, get it correct!

    Don't be mistaken for a Gecko45: http://lonelymachines.org/mall-ninjas/

    Watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14qTdp-Dd30

    ANGLICO Images

  14. #14
    Ex Member Array barstoolguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    under a rock in area 51
    Posts
    2,548
    Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    It is attitudes like this that have allowed the Government to freely confiscate cash from people who have committed no crimes. There are many off us still out there who carry cash instead of credit cards.

    Michael

    I paid cash for a lot of cars but I looked at the car first and made the deal, then set up a time and place to do the paper work. This has fail all over it

  15. #15
    Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,211
    So what you are trying to tell me is that you will fire at me center mass? Dream on and keep your ego in check.
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolvingMag View Post
    I've said it many times before--- I fire warning shots.



    Unfortunately for 'you' they're aimed center mass..






Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

ccw warning shot can get u in jail?
,
fraling gun
,
is it illegal to fire a warning shot
,
is it illegal to shoot warning shot in the air?
,

matthew fraling

,

matthew fraling attorney

,

matthew fraling baltimore

,
matthew fraling handgun baltimore
,
penalties for discharging a firearm within city limits rock hill, sc
,
why did woman go back inside to fire warning shots
,
woman jailed for firing warning shots
,
woman jailed forwarning shot
Click on a term to search for related topics.

» Log in

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» DefensiveCarry Sponsors