Bad: With friends like this....

This is a discussion on Bad: With friends like this.... within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; ...why do you leave your door unlocked? ...who needs enemies? Ya know... It's getting hard to decide who to trust.... Not so much... And really, ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Bad: With friends like this....

1. ...why do you leave your door unlocked?
    2. ...who needs enemies?

Ya know... It's getting hard to decide who to trust.... Not so much... And really, leaving your door unlocked? C'mon man, get a clue...

Story here
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Well, if they were his "friend", then they should be easy to find and arrest.

A locked door can be kicked in by a 10-YO.

Quote Originally Posted by oldrwizr View Post
    Well, that's it then... I'll just leave mine wide open... that way I won't be replacing a door, too... and BTW, a 10-YO can shoot you just as dead with a gun as a seasoned killer.
    shooterX likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by oldrwizr View Post
    I'd *love* to see a 10-YO kick in my door.

Bad friends. Dude needs to wise up.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Well, that's it then... I'll just leave mine wide open... that way I won't be replacing a door, too... and BTW, a 10-YO can shoot you just as dead with a gun as a seasoned killer.
    Snarkiness aside, the point is locking a door neither creates nor stops a criminal.

I have to park in the driveway and always leave my car unlocked with nothing valuable in it. If I lock the door one day I'll find a window smashed and nothing taken (since there was nothing to take).

A home invasion is a home invasion, don't you just hate it when you have to shoot friends?
    shooterX likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

At least a breaking door creates noise and gives you a chance to arm yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    1. ...why do you leave your door unlocked?
    2. ...who needs enemies?

Ya know... It's getting hard to decide who to trust.... Not so much... And really, leaving your door unlocked? C'mon man, get a clue...
    We leave our door unlocked most of the time we are home and awake. Most people in our neighborhood do the same. Been married 30 years with no incident of someone walking in unwelcome. Maybe I need a clue... are you saying everyone should keep their doors locked?

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    "Neighbors tell me they are surprised that this happen in their neighborhood, and a little embarrassed but they also said if it was going to happen this is the house where it is most likely to happen"

That tells you something about it, right?
    Walk softly ...

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Locking your door won't stop anybody, just sayin.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    We leave our door unlocked most of the time we are home and awake. Most people in our neighborhood do the same. Been married 30 years with no incident of someone walking in unwelcome. Maybe I need a clue... are you saying everyone should keep their doors locked?
    My front door is locked all of the time. I'm carrying most of the time, even at home.... I live in the country. Most people who live in these parts come to the back door... or the garage door. If they're coming through the front door... they weren't invited.

No, most of us don't have to lock our doors all the time.... But, there are rural home invasions with assault and rape occurring in those crimes as well...

There are those who have had house fires that started with a grease fire in the kitchen.... Some of those people wish they had a fire extinguisher... or at least knew that they could use baking soda to put it out...

Your odds of dying in a firearm assault are lifetime 1 in 314.... about the same as a reportable house fire... I carry a gun to give myself a fighting chance in the first place.... And, because I've had the total loss house fire, I have 2 fire extinguishers now.

Preparedness does not equal paranoia.
    8th ID likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

I know everyone on here knows, but 10-YO is new to me. What or who is a 10-YO?
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by denver View Post
    I know everyone on here knows, but 10-YO is new to me. What or who is a 10-YO?
    10-YO = 10 year old child

Got it. I was trying to figure out if it was a ten code from a LEO for a gangbanger or some other lowlife.
    AZJD1968 likes this.
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links