Retired Green Beret Shoots Intruder, Gets Court Martial

This is a discussion on Retired Green Beret Shoots Intruder, Gets Court Martial within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; When the intruder threatened him with a knife, Taylor warned him, then brought his .22 caliber pistol to bear and shot him right between the ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Spirit51

Thread: Retired Green Beret Shoots Intruder, Gets Court Martial

Retired Green Beret Shoots Intruder, Gets Court Martial

When the intruder threatened him with a knife, Taylor warned him, then brought his .22 caliber pistol to bear and shot him right between the eyes.
    “Charges were brought against him under the premise that he should have saved the county and taxpayers the expense of a trial,” said Chapter XXXIII President Bill Long of Asheville. “He could have used a .45 or .38. The .22 just wasn’t big enough to get the job done.”
    PC Free Zone

Moderator Note, no it wasn't a "real" court martial...

Carry on.
    Last edited by JD; June 22nd, 2012 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Just to clarify
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

2. Remove Ads

I have no idea, after reading the entire article, if it's serious, tongue-in-cheek, an April's Fools joke, or what. In any event, in the state of NC (it happened in Transylvania Co.) he would be commended by any LEA for his actions, regardless of age or size of his ammo.

Thanks, JD! I was hoping to troll a little more before everyone realized that it wasn't a real court martial, but was a fun "court martial" drummed up by Chapter XXXIII of the Special Forces Association. Carry on.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

Actually does'nt seemed that far fetched these day's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chesafreak View Post
    Thanks, JD! I was hoping to troll a little more before everyone realized that it wasn't a real court martial, but was a fun "court martial" drummed up by Chapter XXXIII of the Special Forces Association. Carry on.

Just suspend his "Man-Card" for 30 days; and require him to purchase a weapon of "sufficient caliber".

All the shootings I have ran a .22 can be a nasty one. If the ammo is new...it can punch through the skull and then bounce around in the skull making the brain a mass the consistency of Cold Slaw. If it doesn't kill them...they have the mental ability of a turnip. I have ran a few like that, but I have ran a few that the .22 ammo was old and weak and just bounced off the skull. A bullet to the head is never good....but you have a better chance of some brain function left if the bullet goes straight through (no matter what the caliber) rather than bouncing around shredding the old gray matter.
    hinkleid likes this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Links