Breaking: Sandusky Guilty

This is a discussion on Breaking: Sandusky Guilty within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; They are reporting he is on a suicide watch. I'd call his bluff and give him a straight razor. If I was wrong we wouldn't ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Breaking: Sandusky Guilty

They are reporting he is on a suicide watch. I'd call his bluff and give him a straight razor. If I was wrong we wouldn't have to foot the bill for his appeal but I'm pretty sure he lacks the honor to use it.
    MisterAvis and Spirit51 like this.

2. Remove Ads

May he learn Bubba is no respecter of American Tourister and his "suitcase" is better made!
    I think, therefore I am...

<the Menace>

Quote Originally Posted by 21bubba View Post
    No.
    This thread should be where it is - "In The News: The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly" - This is most definitely IN THE NEWS - and deals with a criminal who victimized children - and it is VERY GOOD and VERY UGLY and VERY BAD - all of them. The title of the thread says nothing about a requirement this Must refer to guns. Usually threads do - this one was a nationally watched trial and a nationally horrible problem tried in it - the rape of children and destruction of their future. What is the matter with you.

The moderators have a job - moving threads not placed correctly is part of it - we're on Page 3 - I see no moderators objecting.

You are wrong.

And frankly, that your only reaction to this story of justice, courage, and the legal system with the community taking a stand against the sexual abuse of children is a brief : "Get Out of Here." and lacking in a basic human response -- like Scrooge at Christmas, but this worse: insensitivity to a terrible crime done daily somewhere -- well this is VERY IRRITATING, TO ME AT LEAST

And in spite of your summary judgement you still lurk about the thread like a voyeur peaking through the window.

Remove thyself and ponder. We need the first and you need the second.
    Last edited by walleye; June 23rd, 2012 at 09:19 PM.
    Spirit51 and eeeZnow like this.

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by walleye View Post

This thread should be where it is - "In The News: The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly" - This is most definitely IN THE NEWS - and deals with a criminal who victimized children - and it is VERY GOOD and VERY UGLY and VERY BAD - all of them. The title of the thread says nothing about a requirement this Must refer to guns. Usually threads do - this one was a nationally watched trial and a nationally horrible problem tried in it - the rape of children and destruction of their future. What is the matter with you.

The moderators have a job - moving threads not placed correctly is part of it - we're on Page 3 - I see no moderators objecting.

You are wrong.

And frankly, that your only reaction to this story of justice, courage, and the legal system with the community taking a stand against the sexual abuse of children is a brief : "Get Out of Here." and lacking in a basic human response -- like Scrooge at Christmas, but this worse: insensitivity to a terrible crime done daily somewhere -- well this is VERY IRRITATING, TO ME AT LEAST

And in spite of your summary judgement you still lurk about the thread like a voyeur peaking through the window.

Remove thyself and ponder. We need the first and you need the second.
    Never did I say or imply that this was anything but a horrible crime. I question what it has to do with concealed carry,notice the name at the top of the page.

I replied to Spirit51 with a no implying that I didn't think her idea made it better.

I am not a moderator, nor in case you haven't noticed are you. Their dicision not yours or mine.

The use of bold type and old english language is a nice touch. Maybe you could smote me with the fire and brimstone of the rightous.

No need to argue over petty stuff. If this needs to be moved it will be moved. I apologize for the breach in etiquette. I posted here right when I saw this on TV because A) I was logged on, and B) I know there's plenty of folks here that feel like I do. If you want to get me riled up start talking about abused children.

The outcome here gives us some serious things to think about. This man deserves as much punishment as our society will abide. But first off, the research is crystal clear. Sandusky was abused himself. He abused his son. His abused and codependent, Stockholm Syndrome afflicted wife spoke out in his DEFENSE.

And what is most important to understand is that a large majority of these traumatized young men will go on to be at a minimum sexually and socially dysfunctional, and probably sexually and physically abusive THEMSELVES.

So the lesson here is that when we see or suspect abuse, ACT! Don't turn a blind eye, don't let your normalcy bias undermine your instinct. If you think there is something wrong, there probably is. Only with early intervention can we at least curb this vicious, bad and ugly cycle.
    (and if you should chose to just punch a sick SOB until he dies I'm actually all for that too)
    l1a1, eeeZnow and Spirit51 like this.
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined." -Obligatory Founding Father Quote

Quote Originally Posted by 21bubba View Post
    Never did I say or imply that this was anything but a horrible crime. I question what it has to do with concealed carry,notice the name at the top of the page.

I replied to Spirit51 with a no implying that I didn't think her idea made it better.

I am not a moderator, nor in case you haven't noticed are you. Their dicision not yours or mine.

The use of bold type and old english language is a nice touch. Maybe you could smote me with the fire and brimstone of the rightous.

I don't need to be a moderator - it's 3 page long thread - the moderators have spoken - then you did, again. You have a sole problem with the placement of a story dealing with child-molestation and its criminal practice and none expressed for child-molestation and its criminal practice. On what basis would you conceivably break into a thread that deals with that with your petty picking. And the same for what possible objection you could have to crab that this topic ISN'T properly placed. Read the title of the forum and then read the story. Why exactly doesn't this belong here, raisin-heart?

If Jesus came back to earth in all his glory you would whine about the holdup in traffic.

Get thee hence:

Thou art a boil, A plague-sore, an embossed carbuncle, In my corrupted blood!

Holy crap...I'm gone for a day or two and I come back to plague sores, carbuncles, smoting and brimstone.

This dirtbag will probably just be moved to another diocese. Oh...never mind. Anyone that preys on children is deserving of a hell of a lot more justice than they are likely to see in this world. The next is an entirely different ball of wax.
    It's kind of like how some people have a sudden and insatiable desire to talk about vampires after the Twilight series became popular, except zombies are much less gay and more likely to exist one day

Quote Originally Posted by l1a1 View Post
    Holy crap...I'm gone for a day or two and I come back to plague sores, carbuncles, smoting and brimstone.

This dirtbag will probably just be moved to another diocese. Oh...never mind. Anyone that preys on children is deserving of a hell of a lot more justice than they are likely to see in this world. The next is an entirely different ball of wax.
    They just convicted a Catholic Monseigneur for Child Endangerment for knowing what some priests were doing with young boys and essentially covering it up.
    The Monseigneur was placed under immediate arrest after the verdict and cuffed and taken to a holding cell. Tacit permission given for this stuff by doing nothing (it's a crime, and people in authority are required to report it to the Police when those under them are violators and others under then - the children - are being criminally harmed). Not OK to kick back and have a high-ball and cover it up.

This stuff doesn't play to well to common people on Juries. They're not stupid and this sexual assault on children does not go unpunished it seems. Good.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links