Throat slasher in Chicago strengthens victim's belief in concealed carry

This is a discussion on Throat slasher in Chicago strengthens victim's belief in concealed carry within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Close if this is already open...I didn't find it here... Illinois Man’s Near Death Attack Reinforces Belief in Concealed Carry Alex Jones' Infowars: There's ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Throat slasher in Chicago strengthens victim's belief in concealed carry

VIP Member

Close if this is already open...I didn't find it here...
    Illinois Man’s Near Death Attack Reinforces Belief in Concealed Carry Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

In this next story, the Chicago police solution is to urge neighbors not to walk alone and alter each other about crimes:
    Wrigleyville Man's Throat Slashed in Random Attack | NBC Chicago

Well, the police don't make the laws, so I can't blame them. NYC, NJ, Chicago - three places I'll never move to unless things change...

I saw this earlier on Drudge. Nothing like getting your throat cut while you are walking your dog to change your mind about gun ownership and concealed carry.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Senior Member Array RightyLefty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    I saw this earlier on Drudge. Nothing like getting your throat cut while you are walking your dog to change your mind about gun ownership and concealed carry.
    Yeah I saw that on Drudge too earlier today. With the spike in violent crime going on in Chicagoistan, the politicians in that state which is run by the Chicago contingent, will always think the solution will be more gun control, not less. They are reaping what that have sowed for so long.
    Spirit51 likes this.

Have they given their citizens/subjects instructions on how to roll up a magazine to defend against a knife attack?

Quote Originally Posted by SoleShtr View Post
    Yeah I saw that on Drudge too earlier today. With the spike in violent crime going on in Chicagoistan, the politicians in that state which is run by the Chicago contingent, will always think the solution will be more gun control, not less. They are reaping what that have sowed for so long.
    Apparently the gun control is working if the BGs are using knives. Maybe they need to start making knife control laws now. Chicago lawmakers must know what they are doing.
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special - Walther P22
    LMT STD 16 - Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield - Mossberg 500B
    Marlin 336Y - Kahr MK9

Sadly, this is a difficult one to back seat quarterback, because even concealed carry might not have helped him here. The guy sneaks up behind him and attacks without any noticed warning signs (The victim may have missed a lot of them, though, if he was in condition white).

Once he was cut, the guy walked away, turned and watched. If he shot him then (which I personally believe would be totally justified because the guy is still armed and not leaving), I can already hear the cacophony of Libs screaming that it was an unjustified shooting because it was damage already done and he could have tried to walk away.

Something similar happened in Austin years back where a homeless nut job walked down a crowded city street stabbing multiple people. Since he was just walking and sticking people and not screaming or anything else, it took a long time for anyone to really notice what was going on. People just started hurting, bleeding and wondering, "What just happened???"

I see this as a need for concealed carry AND keeping your head in the game out there, which I will be the first to say can be difficult to do every minute of every day, but Condition yellow should be a constant thing once you venture out into the world.
    garyacman likes this.
    Fortune Favors the Bold!

VIP Member
    While a gun would have allowed him to shoot the attacker after his throat had been slashed, good SA might very well have allowed him to avoid the slashing at all.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Administrator
    Ah...the old:...."Severed Jugular Vein Might Possibly Make Me Want To Rethink My Inability To Defend Myself" routine.

I've seen sheeple travel down that very similar road before.
    goldshellback and Spirit51 like this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by lordofwyr View Post
    Once he was cut, the guy walked away, turned and watched. If he shot him then (which I personally believe would be totally justified because the guy is still armed and not leaving), I can already hear the cacophony of Libs screaming that it was an unjustified shooting because it was damage already done and he could have tried to walk away.
    Liberal/Progressives are going to scream no matter what. If the guy had pulled out a gun and killed a zombie wearing a napkin around his neck, knife and fork in his hands, headed for a bus full of Nuns....Liberals would still screamed "He didn't have ketsup! Why did you shoot him? Anti Zombie bias!"

There is not making Liberal/Progressives happy unless EVERYONE is marching lock step to THEIR tune.

If this guy couldn't have found a lawyer that could have gotten him out of this......that would say volumes about the poor state of affairs when it comes to lawyers.
    garyacman likes this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Condition "white" never helps, and in such a condition a weapon isn't likely to either. Being aware of his surroundings, though, he might well have seen it coming, even if he might not have been able to effectively guard against it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cokeman View Post
    Apparently the gun control is working if the BGs are using knives. Maybe they need to start making knife control laws now.
    Since the dawn of crime, criminals have been using tools (weapons) to give an advantage over a victim. If no gun is handy, a knife will do; if no knife, a bat; if no bat, a tire iron; if no tire iron, two buddies; and on and on. Which is of course the WHOLE POINT behind a right to defense and arms.

Perhaps the "leaders" in the IL legislature should go after violent crime and stop criminalizing the millions of citizens who are just seeking to defend themselves against such crime. Yeah, that'd be something.
    BurgerBoy and Spirit51 like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by lordofwyr View Post
    Sadly, this is a difficult one to back seat quarterback, because even concealed carry might not have helped him here. The guy sneaks up behind him and attacks without any noticed warning signs (The victim may have missed a lot of them, though, if he was in condition white).

Something similar happened in Austin years back where a homeless nut job walked down a crowded city street stabbing multiple people. Since he was just walking and sticking people and not screaming or anything else, it took a long time for anyone to really notice what was going on. People just started hurting, bleeding and wondering, "What just happened???"

I see this as a need for concealed carry AND keeping your head in the game out there, which I will be the first to say can be difficult to do every minute of every day, but Condition yellow should be a constant thing once you venture out into the world.
    Didn't the victim leave the area and then the attacker follow him with the knife still in plain view?
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special - Walther P22
    LMT STD 16 - Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield - Mossberg 500B
    Marlin 336Y - Kahr MK9

Quote Originally Posted by nedrgr21 View Post
    Have they given their citizens/subjects instructions on how to roll up a magazine to defend against a knife attack?

Vogue??
    Susan B. Anthony
    Robert Heinlein

Let's think about this for a moment.

If you're a CCW holder and something like this happened to you...

You did nothing to provoke a vicious throat slashing and are stunned as you stand there wondering why this just happened, while you're quickly bleeding to death. Blood is covering your body faster than you jumping into the shower.

You are scared to death knowing you are bleeding to death but you still have your wits about you. You are looking at the person who just probably took you life. He is just standing 15 yards from you, just watching you bleed. As you're starting to get light headed you think about the "Law", and legally speaking, he is no longer a threat.

As the life is literally draining from your body many thoughts are racing through your mind all at once. You never dreamed such a rush of information, memories and thoughts could be processed in micro seconds. In milliseconds after the thoughts of your family and their well being pass, you wonder why this turd did what he did, if he will ever be caught and justice will be served? Well, that's a moot thought you think to yourself, as this is YOUR one and only life you're about to lose.

What would a rational person be thinking before he / she passed out from blood loss? Maybe... I'm probably a dead person already, let's make sure "justice" not the law is served. No longer a "threat"? I'm standing there rapidly loosing my life and he's enjoying my suffering, and legally, he's no longer a threat?

With one hand trying to slow the bleeding will I try to exact vengeance?

Unfortunately for you, you live in "The Peoples Republic of Illinois" and your options are limited to, trying to make it long enough to make it to the E.R.
    sdprof and BurgerBoy like this.
    I think, therefore I am...

<the Menace>

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis1209 View Post
    Let's think about this for a moment.

If you're a CCW holder and something like this happened to you...

You did nothing to provoke a vicious throat slashing and are stunned as you stand there wondering why this just happened, while you're quickly bleeding to death. Blood is covering your body faster than you jumping into the shower.

You are scared to death knowing you are bleeding to death but you still have your wits about you. You are looking at the person who just probably took you life. He is just standing 15 yards from you, just watching you bleed. As you're starting to get light headed you think about the "Law", and legally speaking, he is no longer a threat.

As the life is literally draining from your body many thoughts are racing through your mind all at once. You never dreamed such a rush of information, memories and thoughts could be processed in micro seconds. In milliseconds after the thoughts of your family and their well being pass, you wonder why this turd did what he did, if he will ever be caught and justice will be served? Well, that's a moot thought you think to yourself, as this is YOUR one and only life you're about to lose.

What would a rational person be thinking before he / she passed out from blood loss? Maybe... I'm probably a dead person already, let's make sure "justice" not the law is served. No longer a "threat"? I'm standing there rapidly loosing my life and he's enjoying my suffering, and legally, he's no longer a threat?

With one hand trying to slow the bleeding will I try to exact vengeance?

Unfortunately for you, you live in "The Peoples Republic of Illinois" and your options are limited to, trying to make it long enough to make it to the E.R.
    Shame on you, you didn't even give a thought as to how you may reflect badly on the carrying community if you smoked the thug before dying
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

Knife in hand, still a threat. I'd have to stamp him X3 CM so the police can identify him as the killer.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links