14 year old shoots intruder

This is a discussion on 14 year old shoots intruder within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I can hear the conversation in D Block now ... Bubba: So, why're you in here? Newbie: I got shot by the babysitter....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: 14 year old shoots intruder

I can hear the conversation in D Block now ...

Bubba: So, why're you in here?
    Newbie: I got shot by the babysitter.

mprp, tessa, NH_Esau and 3 others like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    Give his parents some cuddos for training this kid to react like that, at 14 I wouldn't have ever been that well prepared..he must be a boyscout..
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

"He took an action that no police officer, certainly no one in our community, wants a 14-year-old to have to take," Holmes said. "And yet he's safe, his siblings are safe,
    Bravo Zulu !

I have a sneaking feeling that this young may not have beat the drop (which he really did if it went down as reported) so much as this thug saw a kid with a gun.... and he hesitated. A kid with a gun ?!?
    Our young man took care of business that many adults won't or can't do for themselves or their families. He's got a LOT of healing ahead of him after such a traumatic event....... no 14 year-old should have to bear that burden..... but he did what he had to do, and he knew where daddy's tools were and used them extreemly effectively.
    Spirit51 likes this.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    I bet his babysitter rate just went up!
    goldshellback likes this.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

I'll bet the antis are astounded that he didn't use that firearm to massacre his siblings or start a forest fire

Give that man a medal!
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal...

Alabama Constitution of 1901 - That every citizen has a right to bear arms in defense of himself and the state.

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    So let me get this straight, BG points gun at kid, Kid beats the drop and fires a shot. Didnt anyone tell the kid, you cant beat the drop. To just comply with the BG.....Good for him...
    Im going to go out on a limb and call it the other way around. BG called kids bluff and went to intensive care.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    The kids weren't alone. The 14 year old was baby sitting. I was baby sitting at that age, though I have to admit I wouldn't have been as fast thinking as this young man. With him around...there was ample supervision....and protection for the younger kids. He did a great job, just a shame that at his young age he had to. I don't think this will be the last time we see this kind of situation, sadly enough.
    I agree with you Spirit, I was babysitting cousins by the time I was 12, but we grew up in a different time. Back then, even the nanny states had a little bit of common sense. For the most part that's gone now.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

He can babysit my kids any time. Great Job

Nice job. Hopefully no lasting trauma for the young man.
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    If that's the way it occurred, then it's kudos to the kid for keeping his head and acting absolutely correctly. See a threat building, take steps to be prepared in case it blows sideways; and if it does, take steps to survive it. In the aftermath, he then took steps to get the other kids to safety and called in the cavalry. Well done.

Amen to that^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The kid needs a raise in his allowance, and an award from city hall, but I think he has a better chance at the former
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Very nice work.
    Some clear thinking by this kid in a very stressful situation. Mom and Dad should be proud.
    I'm sure we could Monday morning quarterback some mistakes he undoubtedly made, but bottom line is he gets an A+
    - Didn't open the door to a stranger.
    - Got his charges to safety.
    - Took appropriate and effective action to stop the threat.
    - Egressed the area, following a sensible plan to find a safer spot to call for help.

Sierra Hotel/Bravo Zulu/Hooah/Ooo-rah/Well done!

Now, even though the BG is going to survive, it would be a good time to take some of Grossman's advice on afteraction items. Public recognition and private accolades are two that come to mind. Mayor (or whatever y'all have in Phoenix) ought to give the kid a medal, and put a picture of the ceremony on the front page of the paper.

And 14 definitely isn't too young to be babysitting siblings. If it is, I guess that's one more rule I broke (both as a kid and with my own kids).

Oh, and "don't f*** with the babysitter!" (from Adventures in Babysitting - NSFW/NSFKids due to dialogue, but appropriate):

Adventures in Babysitting - Don't F**k with the Babysitter - YouTube
    l1a1 likes this.

Yeah the latest article says the suspect is expected to survive....Suspect in home invasion expected to survive | azfamily.com Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by pilot101 View Post
    Im going to go out on a limb and call it the other way around. BG called kids bluff and went to intensive care.
    LOL, maybe. The article said the BG pointed the rifle at the kid. Kid pops the BG. I think the kid has a bigger pair than most realize....
    oneshot likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links