14 year old shoots intruder - Page 3

14 year old shoots intruder

This is a discussion on 14 year old shoots intruder within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I was left alone with my brother to watch him starting when I was 12. It's not a bad thing. We had guns in our ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: 14 year old shoots intruder

I was left alone with my brother to watch him starting when I was 12. It's not a bad thing. We had guns in our house. What happened here was simple enough. The kids were apparently taught to respect the firearms, and to use them properly. Being required to lock them up is stupid. People who own guns need to know the limits of their family members and take the proper precautions in regards to their abilities.

The guns were kept locked up until I was 11. That was when I was given free range at the range to shoot my hearts content out by my Dad. My brother and I never even attempted to do anything stupid with the guns, and I proved I was capable of handling the firearms that year.

I'm glad everything worked out for the young man and his siblings.

UPDATE New article says boy and father both shot the intruder.

Court records: Laveen boy shot intruder once, father shot him twice

Kid did good, had some good training somewhere.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Fiore also told police that he and one of the women rob homes several times a week looking primarily for gold, according to documents, and said the plan was to break in and steal whatever they found
    Really now............
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Tune in next week for another episode of Stupid Hurts.
    l1a1 likes this.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    If that's the way it occurred, then it's kudos to the kid for keeping his head and acting absolutely correctly. See a threat building, take steps to be prepared in case it blows sideways; and if it does, take steps to survive it. In the aftermath, he then took steps to get the other kids to safety and called in the cavalry. Well done.
    \

Couldn't agree more. Kudos to the kid, hope he's doing alright.

I would categorize the kid beating the drop as this. The man with the rifle was less prepared to deploy lethal force to commit his crime than the young man was to defend his loved ones. God Bless him and his family in dealing with the aftermath following this.
    It's kind of like how some people have a sudden and insatiable desire to talk about vampires after the Twilight series became popular, except zombies are much less gay and more likely to exist one day

Fiore also told police that he and one of the women rob homes several times a week looking primarily for gold, according to documents, and said the plan was to break in and steal whatever they found.

Well...our perp needed to look a few slots over on the old periodic table. Seems he found lead.
    It's kind of like how some people have a sudden and insatiable desire to talk about vampires after the Twilight series became popular, except zombies are much less gay and more likely to exist one day

Get the kid a bigger gun! He shot the BG once and his dad shot the BG twice and the POS is still around to talk to the cops?????

Yep, get the kid a bigger gun!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links