14 year old shoots intruder

This is a discussion on 14 year old shoots intruder within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Police: 14-year-old shot intruder in Laveen home...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: 14 year old shoots intruder

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Wow, good for him. Too bad he has to deal with the aftermath of a defensive shooting.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

VIP Member
    I'm sure the namby pamby do gooders will want the parents arrested and children removed from the home. After all the children were home alone, without adult supervision, and a loaded weapon was accessible.

Good job by the 14 year old protecting himself and siblings.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

The kid took action to defend himself and siblings...great job!
    Hopefully, he will be able to survive emotionally, but something tells me that he will be just fine.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

someone taught him well
    Sky Pilot, mprp and Spade115 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by From the article
    The boy was home with his three siblings, ranging in age from 8 to 12, when he saw a woman they did not recognize ... pounding on the door ...

The boy went upstairs and got a handgun, police said. A man with a rifle had forced his way into the home. He aimed the gun at the boy, and the boy shot him, police said.

The boy and his three siblings left the house and went to a neighbor's house, where the boy called police and his father, Holmes said.
    If that's the way it occurred, then it's kudos to the kid for keeping his head and acting absolutely correctly. See a threat building, take steps to be prepared in case it blows sideways; and if it does, take steps to survive it. In the aftermath, he then took steps to get the other kids to safety and called in the cavalry. Well done.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Good job! I'd say that kid is 14 going on 30. I'm only sorry he has to live with the emotional baggage that is likely to follow. Still, he chose and exceuted the best defensive plan of action given his circumstances, and he and the others are safe because of it
    goldshellback likes this.

So let me get this straight, BG points gun at kid, Kid beats the drop and fires a shot. Didnt anyone tell the kid, you cant beat the drop. To just comply with the BG.....Good for him...
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    So let me get this straight, BG points gun at kid, Kid beats the drop and fires a shot. Didnt anyone tell the kid, you cant beat the drop. To just comply with the BG...
    You're right. Probably any number of lib flicks and "news" told him exactly that.

Hard to know for sure without any details, of course. But imagine already having been armed with a weapon in hand, and then coming downstairs sensing someone had entered the home. At the moment it was clear the other was armed (and possibly aiming), it wouldn't be a stretch to be able to aim and fire at the intruder, even for an older kid. At 14yrs of age, he's a bit early for that "invincibility" hormone to have kicked in, but he's right in the sweet spot of having twice the reaction speed and vision as any adult. Moral of the story: Milk ... it does a body good.

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    I'm sure the namby pamby do gooders will want the parents arrested and children removed from the home. After all the children were home alone, without adult supervision, and a loaded weapon was accessible
    The kids weren't alone. The 14 year old was baby sitting. I was baby sitting at that age, though I have to admit I wouldn't have been as fast thinking as this young man. With him around...there was ample supervision....and protection for the younger kids. He did a great job, just a shame that at his young age he had to. I don't think this will be the last time we see this kind of situation, sadly enough.
    Lish, garyacman, archer51 and 1 others like this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    You're right. Probably any number of lib flicks and "news" told him exactly that.

Hard to know for sure without any details, of course. But imagine already having been armed with a weapon in hand, and then coming downstairs sensing someone had entered the home. At the moment it was clear the other was armed (and possibly aiming), it wouldn't be a stretch to be able to aim and fire at the intruder, even for an older kid. At 14yrs of age, he's a bit early for that "invincibility" hormone to have kicked in, but he's right in the sweet spot of having twice the reaction speed and vision as any adult. Moral of the story: Milk ... it does a body good.
    I should have put in my original post that I was being sarcastic. My statement revolves around another thread. From the report, the boy beat the drop. I think its good he fought rather than comply.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    I should have put in my original post that I was being sarcastic.
    Oh, it was clearly sarcastic. I liked it. So was my reply, with the "lib flicks/news" dig. Ah, well.

What's this kid's number? I may need to hire a babysitter. "Ok, have the kids in bed by 9, here's the combo to my safe, we'll be back at 11."
    ericb327, Nick62, alafan and 3 others like this.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

TOF
    Fortunately the kid lives in Arizona where "Self Defense" is acceptable.
    SpencerB and gigamortis like this.
    "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." - Thomas Jefferson

Good job kid also the article said the BG was critical not dead that's much easier to live with.
    mprp likes this.
    "Death Overcomes All"
    "All it takes for Evil to triumph is for Good men to stand by and do nothing"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links