Ugly: Minneapolis Police beat down legal carrier - Page 5

Ugly: Minneapolis Police beat down legal carrier

This is a discussion on Ugly: Minneapolis Police beat down legal carrier within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by P95 The "nightclub" is what is working against this fellow. I know here in KY you cannot carry into any establishment that ...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 117
Like Tree79Likes

Thread: Ugly: Minneapolis Police beat down legal carrier

  1. #61
    Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    ky.
    Posts
    1,890
    Quote Originally Posted by P95 View Post
    The "nightclub" is what is working against this fellow. I know here in KY you cannot carry into any establishment that sells alcohol for the intention of consumption of that alcohol on the premises....bars...nightclubs. With that said....I do think the police abused their power....and his rights were violated.
    Just a friendly heads up. You are totally wrong about carrying in a establishment that serves alcohol for consumption on the premises.
    ericb327 and DontTreadOnI like this.


  2. #62
    Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Posts
    1,377
    -
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnK87 View Post
    You can. Law is that you can't carry impaired, so you can't be 0.04% BAC or above. Bars and nightclubs are not banned per se but they can post, but if you carry despite the post and you are asked to leave AND you don't, it's a petty misdemeanor trespass fine only.

    So, he was well within his rights and said he did the right things. Too many big city cops think they are the only ones who SHOULD have guns, so anyone else is assumed to be a bad guy. Like it was said, they'll learn if it costs them enough.
    Correction, you can't be above .04% BAC - that's the limit while carrying.

    For the record, you can also carry legally in any establishment that serves alcohol.


    This document came from the Minneapolis Police department back in 2003 when the Minnesota Personal Protection Act was first being enacted: Minneapolis Police - Chemical Irritants, Screech Alarms, Stun Guns, & Handguns

    It just might give you a little insight as to the mindset of those who vow

    TO PROTECT WITH COURAGE
    TO SERVE WITH COMPASSION


    in Minneapolis.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

  3. #63
    Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Bellevue, Ky/Cincinatti
    Posts
    1,416
    Quote Originally Posted by 21bubba View Post
    Just a friendly heads up. You are totally wrong about carrying in a establishment that serves alcohol for consumption on the premises.
    Agree, you can't be in the immediate bar area and they have to recieve the majority of revenue from alcohol. But you can carry in restaurants that serve alcohol.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

    https://www.facebook.com/ninja312


    My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

  4. #64
    VIP Member Array Badey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    3,086
    Quote Originally Posted by noway2 View Post
    I still have a really hard time seeing someone walking out of a building, even a nightclub, getting attacked by a bunch of cops just because of a bulge at their waist that could be ANYTHING. Something else, that was excluded from the report was happened to set this off. The reporting is obviously biased, why else would it throw the line about the pit bull, which seems out of place, into the middle of a gun story?

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    There are cases here in PA (and in MO) that I am familiar with where open carriers, just walking down the street, have been drawn on, proned out, and cuffed just for legally carrying.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

  5. #65
    Ex Member Array slave's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    112
    Like I said, so many clues point to this man being a victim of cop abuse. Of course, as details emerge, then the tone can change. That is the nature of the truth. It's disappointing that, as usual, at least one cop came into a thread, to toe the blue line.

    It's a shamed that the tax payers will pay this man, I feel like when people (cop or not), do these things, they should pay up. If a cop is on duty and does this, the city should pay, but then the officer(s) involved should get thier wages and retirement garnished to pay it back.

    We do that, then suddenly, this kind of crap will go away.

  6. #66
    VIP Member Array Badey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    3,086
    Quote Originally Posted by kb2wji View Post
    Yes, lets hope he wins as much of the tax payers money as he can! (sarcasm)

    Nice to see you were able to make up your mind based on a quick media story. (more sarcasm)

    Are we not better than that? (genuine inquiry)
    Do you know who complains when the city pays out their tax money in suits like this? Taxpayers. If their money is wasted because the police are abusing their power (I am not saying this is necessarily the case as we only have one side of the story as of yet), they will complain, and generally things change.

    This is what happened in Philly. Ocers were harrassed, arrested, drawn on, threatened, etc., until the city started paying out taxpayer money in lawsuits.

    As a taxpayer, I would rather my money go to challenge corruption than to the six D.O.T. workers leaning on their shovels watching one person work (sorry to any D.O.T. guys, but that's generally what I see when I drive by a road crew), or free cell phones for poor people, or food stamps, etc.
    mcgyver210 likes this.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

  7. #67
    VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Minnesota, USA
    Posts
    2,556
    Just to correct some misinformation, in Minnesota you can be in a bar and having a drink while you carry. Doesn't matter if they serve food or not.

    Max BAC is .04% while carrying.

    Minnesota is a permit to carry state... open, concealed, somewhere in between, makes no difference. Establishments can post legal no gun signs, however if you walk past them you are not in violation unless you refuse to leave after they ask you to.

  8. #68
    VIP Member Array boricua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    3,873
    Now, this shooting happened last night in the same "entertainment" (read bar/night club) area where this man claims the incident happened. This is why MPD dramatically augments their presence here every night, especially at bar closing time. 4 shot after argument leads to gunfire in Mpls. | kare11.com
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

  9. #69
    VIP Member
    Array ksholder's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,940
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad Rogers View Post
    I also find it a hoot to see guys run to the defense of somebody who, if this person actually moved into their neighborhood, they would be selling their house and moving out.
    Well, it is good to know where you stand. You are only willing to let people have rights if you would consider living in their neighborhood. Thanks for clarifying that for us.

    If you are not willing to fight for a man's rights even when you don't like him, why should anybody be willing to fight for your rights?
    mcgyver210 likes this.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

    "When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

    You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

  10. #70
    VIP Member Array jbum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Dandridge Tennessee
    Posts
    2,060
    Quote Originally Posted by boricua View Post
    Now, this shooting happened last night in the same "entertainment" (read bar/night club) area where this man claims the incident happened. This is why MPD dramatically augments their presence here every night, especially at bar closing time. 4 shot after argument leads to gunfire in Mpls. | kare11.com
    Oh jeesh now the cops are profiling law abiding citizens. Next thing you know they will have the right to knock down the doors of law abiding citizens and kill them dead when they try and protect themselves and just say OPPS sorry wrong house. Oh they do that already. The cowboy mentality of law enforcement has got to end.
    gigamortis and mcgyver210 like this.

  11. #71
    Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,442
    Quote Originally Posted by boricua View Post
    Now, this shooting happened last night in the same "entertainment" (read bar/night club) area where this man claims the incident happened. This is why MPD dramatically augments their presence here every night, especially at bar closing time. 4 shot after argument leads to gunfire in Mpls. | kare11.com
    Don't know about you, but the fact that people get shot around there would be MORE reason for me to LEGALLY carry my LEGAL weapon there. Well just don't go there then you say? If that were the logic of everyone, Chicago would be a ghost town.

    EDIT: I don't like the fact that my original response seems to put words in your mouth. Upon re-reading your post you did not really applaud the polices actions. I'm leaving my response though because it is relevant to the situation in question.
    mcgyver210 likes this.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

  12. #72
    VIP Member Array mprp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,929
    Quote Originally Posted by DontTreadOnI View Post
    Don't know about you, but the fact that people get shot around there would be MORE reason for me to LEGALLY carry my LEGAL weapon there. Well just don't go there then you say? If that were the logic of everyone, Chicago would be a ghost town.
    EDIT: I don't like the fact that my original response seems to put words in your mouth. Upon re-reading your post you did not really applaud the polices actions. I'm leaving my response though because it is relevant to the situation in question.
    At the rate they're going, it won't be due to everyone leaving.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

    Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

  13. #73
    VIP Member Array Eagleks's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    7,785
    I'm wondering if the result of this , was the first officer's issue / fault. Especially since it says the others "then " entered the scene. If any officer is yelling out "gun... gun ... gun" .... no one else asks questions, esp any arriving officers... it's pile on and get immediate control of the person by "any" means, so no one gets shot or killed.

    So..... the mistake, given he told them he had a permit, was the first officers over-reaction.

    And, I've seen and dealt with LEO's that cannot handle and do not like anyone with a gun but them..... for some reason some have a real irrational fear of that. One here, after a situation with myself and another officer .... was fired... because of making comments over and over and over .... that he would shoot anyone he saw with a gun, even though they were not threatening anyone with it, even if they had a permit, etc. and so on. One of the most paranoid and nervous people I've ever seen.

    So..... wondering if this first officer is in that ilk.

    Either way, I would love to see the video and the fact they have a video, means no one should be able to really BS their way thru anything. Given the CC person's story is correct, then likely the first LEO will be looking for employment and the City will be writing a big check.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

  14. #74
    Member Array mcgyver210's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    282
    Quote Originally Posted by jbum View Post
    Oh jeesh now the cops are profiling law abiding citizens. Next thing you know they will have the right to knock down the doors of law abiding citizens and kill them dead when they try and protect themselves and just say OPPS sorry wrong house. Oh they do that already. The cowboy mentality of law enforcement has got to end.
    The Sad thing is what you wrote is TRUE.

  15. #75
    VIP Member Array jbum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Dandridge Tennessee
    Posts
    2,060
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    I'm wondering if the result of this , was the first officer's issue / fault. Especially since it says the others "then " entered the scene. If any officer is yelling out "gun... gun ... gun" .... no one else asks questions, esp any arriving officers... it's pile on and get immediate control of the person by "any" means, so no one gets shot or killed.

    So..... the mistake, given he told them he had a permit, was the first officers over-reaction.

    And, I've seen and dealt with LEO's that cannot handle and do not like anyone with a gun but them..... for some reason some have a real irrational fear of that. One here, after a situation with myself and another officer .... was fired... because of making comments over and over and over .... that he would shoot anyone he saw with a gun, even though they were not threatening anyone with it, even if they had a permit, etc. and so on. One of the most paranoid and nervous people I've ever seen.

    So..... wondering if this first officer is in that ilk.

    Either way, I would love to see the video and the fact they have a video, means no one should be able to really BS their way thru anything. Given the CC person's story is correct, then likely the first LEO will be looking for employment and the City will be writing a big check.
    I'll go double or nothing on Sixto's paycheck the police video will never be shown in public just like the video from Costco got "lost".
    mcgyver210 and Yankeejib like this.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

ccw beats bad guy
,
concealed carry man defends minneapolis, mn
,
concealed carry wisconsin
,
guy carrying a gun makes the cops look like fools
,
minneapolis police bad
,

minneapolis police beat man

,
minneapolis police beating
,
minneapolis police views on open carry
,
police beat down
,
someone stole my dog in minneapolis
,

zachary king minneapolis

,
zachary king minneapolis police
Click on a term to search for related topics.

» Log in

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» DefensiveCarry Sponsors