Ugly: Minneapolis Police beat down legal carrier

This is a discussion on Ugly: Minneapolis Police beat down legal carrier within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by slave Sixto, seriosuly? Tarnish your character? Buddy, you did that when the first post you did was bringing up that man's past, ...

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Like Tree79Likes

Thread: Ugly: Minneapolis Police beat down legal carrier

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by slave View Post
    Sixto, seriosuly? Tarnish your character? Buddy, you did that when the first post you did was bringing up that man's past, as if it had anything at all to do with the story. Notice how many likes my posts had? Notice how few yours did?

No point in being argumentative, this one, I am done with. You proved my point, keep doing what you do man. Good luck.
    The mans past was brought up in the linked story, I simply pointed it out. Facts are facts, they dont change no matter how many likes you get (as if you were 12 years old. ) Thanks for bowing out.

Quote Originally Posted by mcgyver210 View Post
    You have an interesting view I agree with but it only seems to apply when you want it to.

You say not to judge without the facts yet you do just that........ & then of all things you use the excuse for bringing up his past for judging his character "court" of public opinion which is what we are doing when we say we think the 5-LEOs involved used Excessive Force or at minimum violated the victims rights. Although we don't have access to the 5-officers personal or business info

Is it even possible to see the 5-Oficers files to check their past complaints? Most likely Not

So just admit you are no different than us lowly Civilians, you make judgements without all the facts too probably daily. Which means We Can Agree We Disagree but have a good discussion without personal attacks.

P.S. You earlier accused me of saying something I didn't intend to & still don't agree with your interpretation because I am usually pretty direct & careful with how I say things. Even though I didn't agree I deleted my own post though which was the right thing to do rather than Argue or get personal.

P.S.S. I don't know you & have nothing against you. We just don't see things the same which is also OK but we can still have a good discussion & you might even change my mind on a subject.
    The personnel jackets are available via a public records request, federal law says so. Where are my judgements? The same place as my "abuse of power'? I used words such as assumption, speculation and hypothesis. No where did I use absolute words. And I accused you of saying something you did say... intentional or not, you posted it.
    "Just blame Sixto"

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I'd like to point out that if SIXTO was abusing his moderator powers then yours posts wouldn't be here.

Completely off topic, but I just threw in that IF/THEN statement for all the 80/90s computer (pascal) nerds out there.
    Badey and slave like this.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I accused you of saying something you did say... intentional or not, you posted it.
    I have the post which I deleted & you are wrong IMO. I used a General Statement as to power perceived & a general non accusatory statement that you should be held to same standards as a non mod would which is fair.

TRUST ME I am not scared to state my opinion clearly if I so choose. Text doesn't always come across to all who read it as intended though.

Now lets be clear as for you being biased in your post YES I believe you are but as for abuse as a mod I didn't personally experience that but posted you should be held to same standard

In your own words "No where did I use absolute words" about you. Another thing about me you don't know I am not above apologizing if I believe I did something wrong. But I don't believe I did anything wrong in this case. No personal attack just a good discussion.

Did I miss more video?

The only video I have seen is after the man is subdued on the ground. There is nothing in the video I saw that shows police brutality.

My point being, that the video appears to have been recorded by a bystander and useless. If it had contained the alleged beating, than it would be news on every national network, because the man's lawyer would be grabbing at public opinion. My opinion is that there is no video of the beating itself, because it either did not occur, or the recording began after the actions may have taken place.

There is not enough evidence in the articles to support anything other than an altercation with police occurred. For those griping about police defending police without facts, the same in this case is happening about a gun carrier being supported by pro2a people without facts.

He has his CC license. That is an important piece regarding his character, but not to a point where it makes him immune to stupid decisions either. He had an incident where he recorded police in the past....well this raises a flag in my head that he may be a "baiter", but I do not know enough about the case to form a complete opinion.

Sometimes people need to relax. Cops are not all out to get you. Some are idiots and don't deserve the badge, but they are far fewer than the media and Hollywood will have you believe.

I'm not saying that the guy doesn't have a real gripe, I just don't know enough.
    mcgyver210 and slave like this.
    “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.”
    ― Albert Einstein

I believe from the article the lawyer wants the street cameras footage which may or may not show what really happened. One thing Im not in agreement on is that it was racial profiling. Either way without video to dispute the 5 LEOs he will most likely lose which is another reason for a nation wide acceptance of Video/Audio recording of LEOs while on duty working for TAXPAYERS.

Sixto, seriosuly? Tarnish your character? Buddy, you did that when the first post you did was bringing up that man's past, as if it had anything at all to do with the story. Notice how many likes my posts had? Notice how few yours did?

No point in being argumentative, this one, I am done with. You proved my point, keep doing what you do man. Good luck.
    In Bold: What are you 12 years old? If it helps your ego or if you think this is a popularity contest then I will give you a like also if that helps you. Also, the amount of likes sometimes does not always equate with an intelligent post..it appeals to folks that agree or like you sometimes.

Oh, just wonder how many LIKES I get..hopefully it is enough to fill my internet ego. Whenever I get over 5 likes on a post I post it to my Facebook account. Maybe there should be a contest.....

Sheeesh!!!

Quote Originally Posted by discoboxer View Post
    He has his CC license. That is an important piece regarding his character, but not to a point where it makes him immune to stupid decisions either. He had an incident where he recorded police in the past....well this raises a flag in my head that he may be a "baiter", but I do not know enough about the case to form a complete opinion.
    I'm not saying that the guy doesn't have a real gripe, I just don't know enough.
    Unless the officer(s) knew who he was they most likely did not know about his past at the time of the beating.

No, I am not saying "baiting" is necessarily a smart thing to do. However, are we saying that even if someone is "baiting" doing something that is legal and possibly a right under the constitution law enforcement then has the right to beat/abuse verbally a person. I recently seen a You Tube (tired to find it but didn't) that showed a woman dressed like a man that had her back to an officer and used a water bottle to make like she was peeing in public does that give an over zealous officer the right to throw that person to the ground.

I live in a city that does not really like open carry. While I do not open carry Wisconsin law allows it without a permit. So if I decided that this is my right and I go out and open carry and take a walk down the main street just up the block (and yes just because I can under the law). Am I to be considered a "baiter"? Just asking......
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Hooray! The Mod lovers and cop lovers FINALLY join the thread, welcome to the pool kids!!

The number of likes isn't kewl points for me, it's to show who people agree with. Most agree with me, on face value, this is abuse, and on face value, Sixto was toeing the blue line. My private message also agrees with this statement. Really people, who actually thinks that likes means people like them. I always thought that likes are for posts on message boards that people agree with, and want to stress. That's why I like posts on any message board.

Sorry guys.

P.S. I knew I said I was done with this thread, I am now, I had meant to post this morning to appologize if I had offended anyone, but the last couple of people who posted warranted an explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    I'd like to point out that if SIXTO was abusing his moderator powers then yours posts wouldn't be here.

Completely off topic, but I just threw in that IF/THEN statement for all the 80/90s computer (pascal) nerds out there.
    I like the term too, that's why I used it earlier LOL!! Damn, old age, my kids would have never gotten the reference to if/then computer language.....

Administrator
    So if they happen to agree with me, they are a cop/mod lover? Is that kinda like if you disagree with Obama you're a racist? actually, suntzu and I have gone round and round a few times debating topics. I'd hardly call him either, the difference is he knows how to present his argument without sounding like he is parroting a NAACP brochure.
    I'd still like to know how I'm "toeing" the thin blue line. And that isn't what the blue line is anyway, but that's OK I've accepted there are things that cannot be fixed.

Anyway, after re reading the thread, I don't see one post by me or my imperiaral troopers drones that say the LEO were correct cart Blanche; they all say something to the effect that there is more to the story, not enough information etc. I see plenty of wing flapping and squawking about bad LEO's etc... Maybe y'all should go to Minneapolis and start riot or something. That'll teach em. (that's a joke for the sarcasm challenged)
    I don't see this thread going very much further, so get your parting shots/ conclusions/thoughts in while I'm at the gym.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Hooray! The Mod lovers and cop lovers FINALLY join the thread,.
    It's going to be pretty hard to take you seriously after a comment like that.
    mprp likes this.

JD
    Administrator

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Links