okay:Georgia Tech student shoots intruder

This is a discussion on okay:Georgia Tech student shoots intruder within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; The guy had the wrong house (uhmmm, twice in one night)... but after he broke a window to get in the second house, he charged ...

Thread: okay:Georgia Tech student shoots intruder

okay:Georgia Tech student shoots intruder

The guy had the wrong house (uhmmm, twice in one night)... but after he broke a window to get in the second house, he charged the armed student... And got shot for his trouble....

Story here
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    That makes two college students recently shot breaking into the wrong house. One was intoxicated and this one was confused. Interesting
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

Don't understand why the idiot charged the resident. If he really thought it was his house and saw somebody in there in his pajamas holding a gun I think it would be obvious even to a moron like this that he was in the wrong house. Looks more like legitimate break-ins. It's gonna hurt when he breathes for a while so maybe he'll learn his lesson.

Overall, as reported, it appears to be a good shoot.

OK, locked outta your own apartment, roommates (if any) gone or sleeping, so you 'break' into your own place........

I'm spectulating, but I'll wager he was intoxicated.......... I'm reaching, I know. Then 'charges' the resident after getting in....... stupid hurts like a bullet in the chest. He's lucky he's still alive. OR, this idiot-neighbor was actually breaking in for other, more sinister purposes.

Hope the student/resident recovers from this. Shooting a man, even if justified, is still a tough pill to swallow.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Seems like an appropriate time for "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    Figures.. it was Georgia Tech after all.

"For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Georgia Tech has a lot of bright folks, but this break-in just proves that even smart folks can be really stupid.

Links