Marijuana not bath salts found in system

This is a discussion on Marijuana not bath salts found in system within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; The face chew guy who attacked Poppo did NOT have bath salts in his blood but rather marijuana. Must have been one heck of a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Marijuana not bath salts found in system

The face chew guy who attacked Poppo did NOT have bath salts in his blood but rather marijuana. Must have been one heck of a bad case of the munchies.

http://http://news.yahoo.com/tests-only-marijuana-face-chewers-system-205604519.html
    oldnfat likes this.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    Well now, ain't that a kick in the shins
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

Administrator
    I find this a little troubling as there is no specific chemical compound that is "bath salts". They might have tested for whatever chemical previously known to be "bath salts" but the make up constantly changes because manufactures try to stay a step ahead of the law.
    Now admittedly, I know very little about chemistry and it's scientific application, but I do know a lot about street drugs. I'm sure there is a chemist or pharmacist type that can chime in.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I agree with Sixto, but ya'll know, marijuana is a gateway drug to face-eating.

VIP Member
    This case is getting weirder every time it is reported, makes one wonder if it may have been some new drug the pathologists do not have a way of testing for.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Just another good reason to legalize mary-jane...HA! We are facing that here in Springfield, with a petition afoot for legalization. Apparently that passed in Columbia, MO (big college population - go figure!).

Quote Originally Posted by Geobob View Post
    Just another good reason to legalize mary-jane...HA! We are facing that here in Springfield, with a petition afoot for legalization. Apparently that passed in Columbia, MO (big college population - go figure!).
    Chicago just voted to decriminalize marijuana. It seems to me decriminalizing CC would made more sense but they didn't ask me.

Chicago City Council decriminalizes marijuana possession - chicagotribune.com

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I find this a little troubling as there is no specific chemical compound that is "bath salts". They might have tested for whatever chemical previously known to be "bath salts" but the make up constantly changes because manufactures try to stay a step ahead of the law.
    Now admittedly, I know very little about chemistry and it's scientific application, but I do know a lot about street drugs. I'm sure there is a chemist or pharmacist type that can chime in.
    Or, as it was put in the article,
    ""There are many of these synthetic drugs that we currently don't have the methodology to test on, and that is not the fault of the toxicology lab. The challenge today for the toxicology lab is to stay on top of these new chemicals and develop methodologies for them, but it's very difficult and very expensive." Goldberger said. "There is no one test or combination of tests that can detect every possible substance out there.""

Had to be something in that smoke,or he's completely nuts.

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    Quote Originally Posted by Geobob View Post
    I wish they would legalize it; take one 'mostly harmless' herb off the illegal list that is costing taxpayers a lot of money. Also, it would let them focus on the more serious issues- bath salts being one of them.

If Sixto were there, the problem would already be fixed...
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

If weed made this guy do all this, then a lot has changed in the last 25 years. Seems like all it used to do was make people get the giggles, eat a pizza, then go to sleep. If I want to feel weird and go to sleep these days, all I need to do is let my blood sugar get low.
    l1a1 likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Distinguished Member
    A new case in the news today stated a man returned home to find his roommate on the front porch covered in blood and eating the man's dog. A neighbor was chased away from the area when the man growled at him and crawled toward him on hands and knees. It seems this guy was also using the synthetic marijuana, also known as K2. Stay armed my friends.

Just a crazy dude....that's all! Been thinking abt and hearing abt zombies too much, crazy people will act it out....
    Hopyard and Dadsnugun like this.
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

I am shocked (and a bit skeptical). I have a hard time believing that this guy just suddenly went THAT crazy. Family and GF are saying he was never like that.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Homeless Drifters.....Betcha can't eat just one.
    Dandyone likes this.
    It's kind of like how some people have a sudden and insatiable desire to talk about vampires after the Twilight series became popular, except zombies are much less gay and more likely to exist one day

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links