Just give them your wallet - No need to resist

This is a discussion on Just give them your wallet - No need to resist within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Yeah right. This guy did just that. Got lucky that the BG's gun misfired, three times. Antioch driveway mugging captured on video - San Jose ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Just give them your wallet - No need to resist

Just give them your wallet - No need to resist

Yeah right. This guy did just that. Got lucky that the BG's gun misfired, three times.

Antioch driveway mugging captured on video - San Jose Mercury News

2. Remove Ads

He's very lucky to be alive!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    This video so easily explains why I carry.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Well....lucky. Never hand over your wallet. If you have to, toss it to the ground, and make good use of the circumstances presented at that time to either run for cover or put one in the back of BG's head while stooped over picking it up. BG's are pretty much predictable. Use this to your advantage.....thinking in advance sure beats messing in your underwear. Would you ever draw on a gun? Search for thread.
    mano3 likes this.

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    LOL, after that first "click" the next thing he will see and hear is a bright flash and a loud "bang". But, wait a minute......that was in California wasn't it?
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

"We have regular strong-arm and armed robberies on a weekly, almost daily basis..."

Yeah, about that.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    carry throw-down money. not that it will always be the thing to do but it is another option you have....if you carry some.

would you draw to a gun? how fast are you?
    not with a timer---this is 'when his eyes dart away from me, i'll...
    aquire my gun and fire it at him.

1 second.....kinda ok. 3/4 is good.
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

P95
    That is one lucky dude.....scary to watch.

Lucky Guy, I'm always cautions when exiting my vehicle. But now I will look around all the more. Wow wow wow
    iKelvin
    Glock 19 4th Gen

Carrying a gun wouldn't have helped this guy one bit. If Thuggie's gun hadn't been a Hi-Point pawn star special, the vic would've been dead before he remembered which side he carried on.
    mano3 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by oldrwizr View Post
    Carrying a gun wouldn't have helped this guy one bit. If Thuggie's gun hadn't been a Hi-Point pawn star special, the vic would've been dead before he remembered which side he carried on.
    I disagree. If he would have been paying attention to his 6 while getting ready to exit his vehicle, he could have been able to engage the BG before he got to the car...
    ericb327, JoeK and nerdyvirgin like this.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

Is his garage so full he couldn't have pulled in it? Why have a garage? Okay... he apparently thought the perp followed him home in a white Honda... why did he go home if he saw a car following him?

Video... Jeeze I gotta get a video system so I can have proof that some guy in a hoodie with a ball cap killed me in my own yard.

There are layers to security. Video is like a cop... it's good after the fact... but it doesn't stop anything... Even if you're unarmed in Commiefornia or Illinois, Situational Awareness is the FIRST LINE of defense... The man is lucky to be alive...

When I'm in an urban area... especially one that has strong-arm robberies on a weekly or daily basis.... I think I'd be payin' attention... This guy was in la la land...
    danfive555 likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector71 View Post
    LOL, after that first "click" the next thing he will see and hear is a bright flash and a loud "bang". But, wait a minute......that was in California wasn't it?
    Mine works just fine because it's a real one. Guns aren't allowed in Antioch therefore it must be just a toy. Dirtbags just have to go through the motions as if they have a real gun, so in this victims case, I'm glad that real guns aren't allowed.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

VIP Member
    One of the drawbacks of SUVs & Minivans is the tinted glass. I doubt that the driver could have seen the perp through the back glass with the lighting there was. By the time the guy is in view of the side mirror, the driver is already opening his door. Guy should buy a lotto ticket.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    He's lucky the BG didn't know how to clear a misfire!
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links