Good (maybe) : Robbery suspect shot and killed

This is a discussion on Good (maybe) : Robbery suspect shot and killed within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Not a whole lot in the way of info although it 'seems' fairly cut-n-dried. My question is was this threat leaving or retreating when he ...

Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By RETSUPT99
  • 1 Post By mlr1m
  • 2 Post By barstoolguru
  • 2 Post By mlr1m
  • 1 Post By Dennis1209

Thread: Good (maybe) : Robbery suspect shot and killed

Not a whole lot in the way of info although it 'seems' fairly cut-n-dried. My question is was this threat leaving or retreating when he was shot ? Not clear enough.... but... It was definatly a mortal failure of the victim-selection process.

Robbery suspect shot, killed | News - Home

Me thinks this'll be seen as a good shoot. I think so.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

The dirtbag demanded cash, but instead he 'cashed in'...it's all good!
    goldshellback and Spirit51 like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    He was probably a good ole boy, just turning his life around and needed a little cash flow
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

Hmmnnnn?....3:30AM, huh?

he was fleeing the scene the threat was over when he was shot. what does FL law say about shooting a fleeing felon?

On being in the "wrong" part of town. When Hubby and I were younger...sometimes we would drive around the "wrong" part of town pointing out, "I ran a shooting there. I ran a double shooting there. I ran a stabbing there. I ran a seizure there and the grandfather grabbed a rat by the tail and threw it in the wood stove." Of course we were armed, but since we worked there...we were careful about what was going on around us. I know....it wasn't the smartest thing to do, but we were younger. Not going there for bad reasons....just touring each other's ghettos....Kansas City Kansas vs. Kansas City Missouri. Wouldn't do that today...no matter what the entertainment value is.

In this case I am glad the would be victim won.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by gigamortis View Post
    Hmmnnnn?....3:30AM, huh?
    3:30AM is proof of nothing.

Michael
    Spirit51 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    he was fleeing the scene the threat was over when he was shot. what does FL law say about shooting a fleeing felon?

This is part of my question with this whole thing........ I'm 'assuming' the suspect had run when (I'm guessing here, no facts to back it up) the victim presented his gun. The article does say it was a gun battle.

Would love to see more info to know who shot first, etc., etc....... This is definatly a story to watch and keep up with.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

"A witness approached officers and stated that he was with the shooter sitting in a car when a black male approached with a gun and demanded money," said Bujeda. "The witness stated that as he fled, he heard numerous gun shots."
    Maybe I misunderstood from the poor writing but when I first read it; it sounded like the thief was running but as I reread it; it sounds more like the witness was the one that ran
    goldshellback and alafan like this.

Maybe I misunderstood from the poor writing but when I first read it; it sounded like the thief was running but as I reread it; it sounds more like the witness was the one that ran
    I wondered the same thing.

Michael

Was the threat really over?
    Police found a man dead behind a house near West 13th Street and Thames Avenue. He appeared to have suffered a gunshot wound and officers said a handgun was lying next to the body.
    If a person robs me at gunpoint he remains a threat until he is disarmed and a safe distance from me.

Michael
    Spirit51 and goldshellback like this.

What ever the legal outcome, rest assured, his momma going to try and finish the robbery in court.
    Dandyone likes this.
    I think, therefore I am...

<the Menace>

Most likely the dirtbag was a coward and fired as he fled the scene which in my book is still a threat.

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    Sounds like there are three separate people to me. The dirtbag, the shooter who capped him, and the witness who fled.

I don't see anything to indicate the robber was specifically fleeing the scene and therefore was no longer a threat. I get the impression from the article that the gunfight could have just as easily happened right then and there at the car. It's equally possible the dirtbag ran off injured, and succumbed a short while and distance away.
    "People who take an Internet handle of a great warrior, are usually the first to go fetal when crunch time comes." - Me

Sponsored Links