Bad: Sex Offender Attacks Boy in Wendy's Bathroom

This is a discussion on Bad: Sex Offender Attacks Boy in Wendy's Bathroom within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; A convicted sex offender, out on parole, attempted to sexually assault a 10 year old boy in the bathroom. When the boy fought, he stabbed ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Bad: Sex Offender Attacks Boy in Wendy's Bathroom

Bad: Sex Offender Attacks Boy in Wendy's Bathroom

A convicted sex offender, out on parole, attempted to sexually assault a 10 year old boy in the bathroom. When the boy fought, he stabbed him. The boy has undergone surgery and the BG caught.
    Sex offender accused of attacking boy in Portland | Fox News

I'm beyond horrified at this story and can't shake the boy from my thoughts. My prayers are with him.

As a female with 5 boys, who's husband is not usually with us, I have always worried about allowing them to go to the bathroom in public. They are too old to go into the ladies room with me, I have them go in at least teams of 2 but still know that a 9 and a 10 year old are no match for a grown person. How are we supposed to protect our children in this kind of situation?

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    That is a really sad story.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Senior Moderator
    Stand at the door and wait on them. If anything happens, you are right there.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

VIP Member
    Prayers for the boy's speedy recovery and the family. So much for time off for good behavior.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    Lish: small can of Fox Labs "Mean Green" pepper spray goes with your boys into the restroom--ask some local cops to teach your boys how to respect it, how to use it. Hot Guns--Standing by the door is not always an option when you may have other smaller children to watch all by yourself.
    Spirit51 and beararms like this.
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Yup. Though, at some point, they've got to be let to in order to walk along the path to adulthood. There are no guarantees in this life, so it can be hard to know where the point is and how many precautions are reasonable to take. Up to a certain age, though, I absolutely agree with accompanying them; and up to a certain age, having them go with another who stands outside the door awaiting them. Beyond that, they've got to find the strength and ability to defend themselves.

Condolences to the family, and the boy. A quick trial for the sex fiend, caught red-handed that he was. Just watch, the guy will almost certainly plead innocent of all charges.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Why courts let these repeat offender leaches out of jail over and over again is beyond understanding.

This is the lowest of all dirtbags, his death needs to include lots of pain.OMOYMV
    Sig 210 and Spirit51 like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Why courts let these repeat offender leaches out of jail over and over again is beyond understanding.

This is the lowest of all dirtbags, his death needs to include lots of pain.OMOYMV
    Absolutely! To bad an armed citizen with a gun and permit couldn't have flushed that one down the drain. I would have gladly done this. This seems like a situation that pepper spray wouldn't have worked to well here. If that was employed the attacker could have swung wildly with the knife (that we all know he's willing to use) cutting the boy severely. Although something is always better than nothing. I pray for this family and gods swift punishment on this pathetic garbage.

Sent from my DROID RAZR
    Spirit51 likes this.

VIP Member
    He has already shown that he will never be “rehabilitated” and has now developed a desire to intensify his attacks, put him down as the rabid animal he is.
    johnmed3 and Spirit51 like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Not to mention that a predator knows going in that his level of risk is much higher. Might be enough for him to dissuade himself....
    "People who take an Internet handle of a great warrior, are usually the first to go fetal when crunch time comes." - Me

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    He has already shown that he will never be “rehabilitated” and has now developed a desire to intensify his attacks, put him down as the rabid animal he is.
    x2
    No internal lock or magazine disconnect on my pistols!

Senior Moderator
    I personally think that sexual predators should "rehabilitated" with a .45 to the ear.

That would take care of that crap.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

I read within the last 2 months that child molesters can never be rehabilitated. They just need to be put away forever. Not one has ever been "cured".
    Does anyone here recall that article? I've looked and can't find it. Old-timers disease. I gotta tell you, getting old ain't for sissies.
    carracer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by RKflorida View Post
    I read within the last 2 months that child molesters can never be rehabilitated. They just need to be put away forever. Not one has ever been "cured".
    Does anyone here recall that article? I've looked and can't find it. Old-timers disease. I gotta tell you, getting old ain't for sissies.
    Over the years I have seen several studies that state this. I believe it. I hope this young victim has a full recovery and his attacker gets TRUE LIFE in prison. I know this guy really deserves the "gator pit" but justice hasn't evolved to that.......yet.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    I don't know about "no one has ever been cured" but I do know that the recidivism rate (fancy word for repeating the previous behaviors) for child-sex abuse predators IS indeed very, very high. While I like Hot Guns basic approach, this would be a prime candidate for public hanging.........
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links