Ice Agent shot in Texas

This is a discussion on Ice Agent shot in Texas within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Sounds like he was on a stakeout and was shot in his vehicle,expected to survive FBI investigating shooting of ICE agent | ice, shot, survive ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Bark'n
  • 3 Post By dukalmighty

Thread: Ice Agent shot in Texas

Ice Agent shot in Texas

Sounds like he was on a stakeout and was shot in his vehicle,expected to survive
    FBI investigating shooting of ICE agent | ice, shot, survive - Brownsville Herald
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

2. Remove Ads

Nothing good happens on the Mexican border at 3:30 am. Glad he's ok!
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Actually where he was shot is about 40 miles north of Mexico,they got the Guys that did it,(Father,Adult son,and Teenage Son) Followup Story
    Valley father, son charged in shooting of ICE agent | mcallen, shooting, agent - Brownsville Herald
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"

This is odd (from my perspective):

The (ICE) agent, Kelton Harrison, was shot early Tuesday morning while conducting surveillance on an anticipated drug deal at a property near Hargill, 25 miles northeast of the border town of McAllen.
    And then.....

Authorities subsequently searched a home in Hargill and arrested the two men and the minor...........

Authorities said they also found two illegal immigrants...........
    So an ICE was doing surveillance on a drug deal? Maybe the two illegals?

Maybe just a poorly written article?

Glad the Agent is expected to recover.
    Richard

NRA Life Member

"But if they don't exist, how can a man see them?"

"You may think I'm pompous, but actually I'm pedantic... let me explain the difference."

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."

The question is.....can the firearm used in the crime be linked to Holder and his illegally supported operation?
    I always dislike to hear of any law enforcement being under attack. It's just got to the point we're not sure who's playing by the rules anymore. Life is still very valuable. I just hate seeing the grunts getting sold out and targeted yet the higher ups never answering for their crimes. Team work is key, but things seem so twisted now with others' agendas and secret operations. Use to be a federal agent was a respected position........now it seems to be more of a risk taken. Management takes it's toll on everyone. Makes you wonder if anyone ever dies or gets injured in the line of duty anymore is an end means to a public or media display of some hidden agenda. That's sad in so many ways.....but it's what the upper management has left us with to decide since they've kept too many secrets for too long and while upholding the laws have broken so many in the process.
    I'm glad the agent is expected to survive. If the team was involved.............it never should have happened. My apologies for being so cynical about these things. Life and death isn't a game even though some of our government officials think that's the way the game is played.
    Personally, I'm fed up with them breaking the law and putting people in harm's way with no support. I'm sure the new guy or the agent on the street has no idea what's really going down at the time. Intel sucks these days. Then again intel is filtered from the top down before it gets anywhere else....especially where it's most important. Any time you're part of the system, you're a victim of the system. Those behind closed doors and above the law feel rather comfortable with statistics and battlefield plans laid out in a few hours when it should take days. Those in the field are always gonna take the heat.
    Again....this never should have happened unless it was designed to happen (for certain reasons). We don't know what to expect anymore since all government ops are top secret and clandestine even if they break the laws. How many have already given their lives for the cause? How many will continue to do so?

Glad they caught them, now put them away until their too old to do anything of a violent nature again.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

The question is.....can the firearm used in the crime be linked to Holder and his illegally supported operation?
    I seriously doubt it,the guns used were a 9mm handgun and a 22 rifle the DAD could have legally purchased at any gun store in Tx.There have been numerous home invasions and shootings around here that were suspected drug stash houses,if the Ice Agents were doing surveillance on a suspected drug house,these Intellectually challenged morons probably thought that some thugs were getting ready to raid them and decided to attack them first.
    They will spend the next couple decades in prison while Junior continues to grow up to be a thug that will probably join his Dad and Brother once he gets old enough for his endeavours to get him sent to big boy timeout

Suspicious car my butt... They knew he was law enforcement and they ambushed him.

Just my humble opinion.
    Guest1 likes this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I'll try to add updates as they come out,but the Sheriff thinks the Juvenile needs to be tried as an adult right along with his Dad and Brother

VIP Member
    This stuck in my craw:

"They face up to 20 years in prison if convicted on the assault charge" - That's it!?!?

How about; Shoot a cop, and you'll get shot right back.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    This is odd (from my perspective):

And then.....

So an ICE was doing surveillance on a drug deal? Maybe the two illegals?

Maybe just a poorly written article?

Glad the Agent is expected to recover.
    Not too odd. I live in the area and where you find drugs chances are you'll find Illegal immigrants. They aren't immigrants, just illegal trespassers imo. The situation down here in South Texas is getting bad. The good thing about us here in the US is we can actually defend ourselves whereas the people down in Mexico really can't because of their stupid gun laws.
    Glock 20sf, Glock 19 gen4, Glock 26 gen3, Colt 1911 Series 80

I've been tracking this since the shooting. The article about the arrests in this morning's Orlando Sentinel, not surprisingly, was hidden in the middle of the paper and looked suspiciously scant. Sure enough when I googled I found out about the illegals at the suspects' house. Amazing how the news can conveniently leave out the facts they prefer you did not know.

I call BS on this story. Everyone knows that the border is secure because Homeland Security has told us so.
    Send from the AZ/Mmexico border area
    Flashbacks:
    It is better that I have flashbacks about them, then them having flashbacks about me

USMC RET 1961-1971

P95
    That is such a violent....nasty part of our country. It would be a paranoid life living there.

Looks like the Feds have given the State the nod to proceed with having the Juvenile qualified to be prosecuted as an Adult,He waived his rights and acknowledged he was the first to fire 2 shots into the vehicle,and continued firing with his brother as they chased the vehicle until it crashed.Sounds like he knew what he was doing when he was shooting
    Father and sons charged in ICE agent shooting | mcallen, shooting, agent - Brownsville Herald

Links