Good-pizza restaurant manager shoots robber

This is a discussion on Good-pizza restaurant manager shoots robber within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Deputies tell us the 20-year-old suspect and another man entered the restaurant through a back door as an employee was taking out trash at the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Good-pizza restaurant manager shoots robber

Good-pizza restaurant manager shoots robber

Deputies tell us the 20-year-old suspect and another man entered the restaurant through a back door as an employee was taking out trash at the end of the night

Another Houston area story...."Houston we have a problem"…. The crime rate

Suspect shot during attempted robbery at Katy-area pizza restaurant | abc13.com

2. Remove Ads

Lets hope he keeps his job.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

If CiCis stands by the manager's actions and no one gets fired, I may just have to make CiCis my go to place for pizza.
    8th ID and Yankeejib like this.

this is a tough call... the money isn't his so give it up but what’s to say the robber will not shoot even after he gets the cash, sounds like he will lose no matter what !

This pizza joint is 2 minutes from my house. Good neighborhood in the bedroom community of Katy. Every Friday night after my youngest daughter's volleyball games, the whole team and their parents meet there for pizza. It is a very popular hang out for teens. When I first started carrying, my wife could not understand why I carry all the time since we live in a "safe" area. After she saw this we saw this on the news, I turned to my wife and said "This is why". That is all I said, she looked at me, nodded, and we no longer have that discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    this is a tough call... the money isn't his so give it up but what’s to say the robber will not shoot even after he gets the cash, sounds like he will lose no matter what !
    I must disagree ... not a tough call at all. I don't care who's money it is, that's the least of my concerns. Compliance is for the birds!!!! There was a day when compliance was a 99% guarantee of survival, but those days are long gone my friend.

Too many compliance stories these days where the compliant wound up dead after complianting (if that's not a word ... it is now). I refuse to leave the fate of my life in the hands, and at the whims, of drug induced thugs that have zero value of life of other people. Some want to pull the trigger just to watch someone die, or gang initiation just to be accepted.

Job be damned ... I'll do what I have to to survive today, & get another job tomorrow if need be.

Ci Ci's can quickly become my hero by standing behind their employee ... no telling how many Ci Ci's employees lives he may have saved.

$.02
    Asked by a CNN reporter "What do you feel when you shoot a terrorist"?, the Marine sniper simply shrugged & replied "recoil".

Now more than ever, we are at war on our home soil ... WAKE UP & arm our troops when they are on home soil!

Job be damned ... I'll do what I have to to survive today, & get another job tomorrow if need be.
    I can understand your reasoning BUT to get fired from a job because you violated the rules and USED deadly force against another gets you no unemployment, no references, no mortgage/apartment payment. What is worse no corporation will hire you because you are a high risk. Jobs are hard to come by as it is, try doing that with a “shooting “every time your name comes up . In this day and age of computers you can’t get away with things anymore
    Like I said and I stand behind it “he loses either way “

P95
    Better hope he has some gun advocates in the jury box.

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    I will never comply unless i am in an impossible situation. I remember the Brown's Chicken Massacre in Palatine IL all too well.

Brown's Chicken massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by P95 View Post
    Better hope he has some gun advocates in the jury box.
    Gun advocates? It is TX, right?
    This victim will never be charged...
    goldshellback likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Gun advocates? It is TX, right?
    This victim will never be charged...

I hope you are correct.

Compliance? Not for me. Anyone pokes a gun at me...the game is ON! I'd much rather be a live, homeless father/husband than be dead. If CiCi's keeps this guy, my daughter and I will make it a point to give them some business!
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    Compliance is never a 'get out alive ticket', and should never be viewed as such by authorities and juries.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Quote Originally Posted by KimBobTex View Post
    I must disagree ... not a tough call at all. I don't care who's money it is, that's the least of my concerns. Compliance is for the birds!!!! There was a day when compliance was a 99% guarantee of survival, but those days are long gone my friend.

Too many compliance stories these days where the compliant wound up dead after complianting (if that's not a word ... it is now). I refuse to leave the fate of my life in the hands, and at the whims, of drug induced thugs that have zero value of life of other people. Some want to pull the trigger just to watch someone die, or gang initiation just to be accepted.

Ci Ci's can quickly become my hero by standing behind their employee ... no telling how many Ci Ci's employees lives he may have saved.

$.02
    I've worked these jobs. I've had a gun stuck in my face and ordered face down on the ground after giving them everything they want. That's one of the longest 30 seconds in your life. CiCi's will make or break my business with how they handle this employee.

Contact Us

You want to commit violent "or else" threat to my life? Then you're risking my refusing. Kudos to the victim for resisting the threat on his life and implied threat to the lives of everyone in that shop. Unknown what level of opportunity or opening he had, but apparently it was sufficient to erase the deadly threat.

Armed Robbery, Use of a Deadly Weapon During Commission of a Felony, Attempted Murder (if the idiot actually fired his gun at the guy) ... He deserves everything the DA/GJ can level against him. His "buddy" as well.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I think it was a good call on the employee and a good shoot. My brother and his family just moved from there so he'd be closer to work, not because it's a 'bad' area. He kinda liked the Katy area.

I'm intrested in how Ci-Ci's handle's this.......
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links