Bad /good? you Guess- man shoot unarm man harassing him

This is a discussion on Bad /good? you Guess- man shoot unarm man harassing him within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; According to Sani Siddiq, the clerk inside of the store at the time of the incident, the man who was killed had attacked two customers ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By RETSUPT99
  • 2 Post By oneshot
  • 1 Post By Rollo

Thread: Bad /good? you Guess- man shoot unarm man harassing him

Bad /good? you Guess- man shoot unarm man harassing him

According to Sani Siddiq, the clerk inside of the store at the time of the incident, the man who was killed had attacked two customers prior to the shooting.
    The shooter had a CHL (CCW) and is claiming self-defense but is it or was he on the losing end of a fight and got mad? I will say this it seems that the shooter was white and the shootee(?) was black by the comment of the people outside. So was it justified or not…. ??

Convenience Store Customer Kills Man | NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth

2. Remove Ads

Don't know, I didn't witness it. I suppose that is for the grand jury to decide.
    ...Adam

"If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart, and if you're not a conservative at 40, you have no head." --Winston Churchill

It's generally impossible to know all the facts merely from one article. That said ...

Quote Originally Posted by From the article
    [The clerk said] the man began to hit and slap one customer and chased him out of the store.

When the man returned to the store, he apparently slapped a second customer, according to Sgt. Warren Mitchell, with the Dallas Police Department. The second customer also retreated from the store while the man continued striking him, police said.

Once in the parking lot, the second customer pulled out a handgun and shot the man ...
    Of course, the laws in the victim's state are what apply to him legally but, using the A.O.J. basic standard, it would depend on whether the second customer was in reasonable fear of death or serious injury. From the basic claims by the victim and witnesses, it appears the assailant was both violent and persistent. Unknown what (if anything) was said by the assailant to the victim. Unknown what it was the victim saw in the assailant's eyes and demeanor beyond the strikes. He had already seen what was in store for him from personally witnessing the first customer's violent drubbing. Unknown how violent "violent" was in actuality, or whether it was reasonable to assume it had reached dire threat proportions.

Reality: nobody has to withstand ongoing violent attack from a criminal. In a state with no duty to retreat and SYG protections for victims, particularly, but if there is no other way to halt the violence then I have no trouble with using force to stop it ... even if that means using deadly force, no matter what it costs the criminal, even if that kills him. But that's just me.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Someone continuing to come after me, hitting me after I remove myself from the original incident inside the store and now continuing to come after me outside the store...is walking a very thin line.
    I wasn't there, the article is not very detailed, but I can assume the victim feared for his life...I would have.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Someone continuing to come after me, hitting me after I remove myself from the original incident inside the store and now continuing to come after me outside the store...
    Looks like the guy made every attempt to exit the situation and get away from the violent assailant. It was witnessed, too, which makes any such claims much easier.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

If the dead guy was black, and the shooter is white, then the media will slam him for being a racist and he'll wind up on trial, whether it's justified or not. They're already calling the dead guy a "victim" in the story, so it's only a matter of time.

From what little information was in the story, I'm inclined to lean towards the side of the shooter. The dead guy attacked the victim (the REAL victim) in the store, then followed him outside beating him as he attempted to retreat. I can easily see how someone would be afraid the dirt bag would kill them.

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    All states don't have the same use of deadly force laws!
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

VIP Member
    If thats how it went down, the deceased was the assailant, was not stopping his attack, and the shooter was in fear for his life, that the attack was escalating into a more intense beating.

moral of the story,,

Don't go beating on people indiscriminately, and you won't wind up in the county morgue.
    Spidey2011 and barstoolguru like this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

given the history of Texas and the laws there is a very good chance that he will be a "no bill"

This is why EVERYONE should carry OC spray.
    barstoolguru likes this.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    This is why EVERYONE should carry OC spray.
    The shooter's way worked just fine. He stopped the threat.

White / black? Here we go again.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

I'm the guy next door that is polite, but does not tell you crap.
    This is a tough one. How much force is prudent in this case?

Links