UGLY (and FUNNY too): Jordanian politician pulls a gun during live TV debate

This is a discussion on UGLY (and FUNNY too): Jordanian politician pulls a gun during live TV debate within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Chad Rogers Throwing a shoe is considered a very high level insult in the Arab world. It was probably on like Donkeykong ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: UGLY (and FUNNY too): Jordanian politician pulls a gun during live TV debate

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Rogers View Post
    Throwing a shoe is considered a very high level insult in the Arab world. It was probably on like Donkeykong from that moment on with/without the gun.
    Funny how things seem. At a Tom Jones Concert women would throw their panties at him (as well as Room Keys) and he acted honored.

To me throwing the underwear is a insult.......Shoes?.......not so much. "Throw the other one, then I have a pair. I think they will fit Uncle Fud." I would never give used underwear to Uncle Fud. He wouldn't like it....at least I don't think he would. Uncle Fud may have a hidden "Tom Jones" complex. Uncle Fud is strange.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Now if all members of our congress would settle their grievances like this, we could have a lot more special elections.
    Spirit51 and BenGoodLuck like this.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

VIP Member
    I figured it out - he couldn't remember where he kept his gun; so at first he reached for his ankle holster, only to realize it wasn't there. So he threw his shoe instead. I'm glad he didn't keep his weapon in a Thunderwear. Hate to see what he'd throw if he didn't find it there!
    Spirit51 likes this.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links