BAD: Armed thug robs 7-11's - Page 2

BAD: Armed thug robs 7-11's

This is a discussion on BAD: Armed thug robs 7-11's within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Unfortunately, you can't read an armed robbers mind. Then an after thought might occur about leaving witness's, dead people can't testify. The BG's have every ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: BAD: Armed thug robs 7-11's

Unfortunately, you can't read an armed robbers mind. Then an after thought might occur about leaving witness's, dead people can't testify.

The BG's have every advantage and we, as responsible CCW holders, are held accountable for where each and every round ends up.

It is indeed a judgment call that would have to be made at an opportune time should you sense a life threatening predicament. Like one of the members above, I'm too old to do much from the floor so the critical decision would have to be made prior to the prone position.

Unfortunately for my sake, I would probably error on the side of caution with numerous people everywhere in a store and not draw my weapon. My reasoning is; I feel the odds are much higher of an errant bullet striking an innocent than a robber eliminating witness's. And I sure don't want to live with the consequences of a careless action on my part.

Just me.
    I think, therefore I am...

<the Menace>

If I was the customer when the perp first entered, I would have been backing myself up behind cover at the end aisle just a couple steps away. I could conceal my draw there, and have caused the perp to have to cover a wider field of view between me and the clerk.

Headshot for sure while he had his attention on the money tray, if I didn't have a chance to take him out by then.

sir: is this coke sulpree half price with thin gun in you face?..... free!...... yesssssssssss

I agree with you Matt. Also, when I CC, its very unusual for me not to be aware of who is coming in the door when I'm shopping. If this dirtbag walked in with his gun out, there is a good chance I would see him as soon as he hit the door. I believe I would draw immediately IF there was a clear shot. I definitely believe in safety first. And you are correct on the fight or flight.

Distinguished Member Array Bill MO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Glocked View Post
    I agree with you Matt. Also, when I CC, its very unusual for me not to be aware of who is coming in the door when I'm shopping. If this dirtbag walked in with his gun out, there is a good chance I would see him as soon as he hit the door. I believe I would draw immediately IF there was a clear shot. I definitely believe in safety first. And you are correct on the fight or flight.
    So your saying you can shoot someone for walking in the front door with a gun in his hand. Do you know all the facts? Or could it be like the situation of two guys fighting in a parking lot one looks like a homeless guy and the other a clear cut guy. Homeless guy has a gun pointed at the other one and looks to about ready to shoot. Do you shoot him? OH by the way the homeless looking guy is really an undercover cop, but you don't know that.

But what do you know about the guy coming in the 7-11 until he tells you more than just walking in with a gun in hand. As CCers we are always going to be behind the in the fight because we have to way for the actual threat to appear. We can not preempt and start the fight on just our thoughts of a threat.

Now if he is inside and says this is a stick up then with gun in view I would say the threat is there and from there on he is free game to any and all. You now know facts of there being a threat.
    It's gotta be who you are, not a hobby. reinman45

"Is this persons bad behavior worth me having to kill them over?" Guantes

Quote Originally Posted by Mattmann View Post
    Did he really say" they did what he said and no body got hurt and that's what we ultimately hope for"?? Wow......I would have knocked that stupid straight bill hat off his head via 9mm and the sunglasses.......wouldn't have been worth a darn. If you watch these videos you see that the crooks never have any situation awareness that most of us do. They give plenty of opportunities to draw and fire after exploding off the "x" and holding the gun sideways wouldn't have helped him at all.

Sent from my DROID RAZR
    Hope is not a strategy......

Quote Originally Posted by bigdogtx View Post
    Hope is not a strategy......
    And i understand this......but the way it was said seems like he's putting an example of what one should do who isn't educated to these things.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Quote Originally Posted by Bill MO View Post
    So your saying you can shoot someone for walking in the front door with a gun in his hand. Do you know all the facts? Or could it be like the situation of two guys fighting in a parking lot one looks like a homeless guy and the other a clear cut guy. Homeless guy has a gun pointed at the other one and looks to about ready to shoot. Do you shoot him? OH by the way the homeless looking guy is really an undercover cop, but you don't know that.

But what do you know about the guy coming in the 7-11 until he tells you more than just walking in with a gun in hand. As CCers we are always going to be behind the in the fight because we have to way for the actual threat to appear. We can not preempt and start the fight on just our thoughts of a threat.

Now if he is inside and says this is a stick up then with gun in view I would say the threat is there and from there on he is free game to any and all. You now know facts of there being a threat.
    I agree with all that's said here. I believe in this situation its pretty clear cut that the guy is robbing the place. If its not clear cut sometimes its best to watch an incident "blossom" before acting.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

The situation always has to be assessed before action is taken. If the guy comes in the door with a gun in his hand, my hand will be on my weapon if it is possible. Will I shoot because he is holding a gun? Never. If he points it at me or the cashier? Probably if it is a clear shot. Do I have a chance to step back and find cover to re-think the situation? I would gladly do it. If there is a back door and I am at it, (which I always look for or a window etc. when I enter an establishment when I am carrying), I would exit, call 911 and be prepared if the situation worsened. Who knows, if this goes down I might forget everything that I was taught and all that I practiced and curl up in a corner in the fetal position. I hope not. Every situation is different.
    l1a1 likes this.

But it sometimes works as part of a campaign slogan. At least it works once!
    It's kind of like how some people have a sudden and insatiable desire to talk about vampires after the Twilight series became popular, except zombies are much less gay and more likely to exist one day

Quote Originally Posted by l1a1 View Post
    But it sometimes works as part of a campaign slogan. At least it works once!
    Hahaha! Yea......knowing my luck i would "comply" and get executed face down.........ewwww those floors probably aren't sanitized either.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links