Ugly: NYC teacher stabbed to death because she "called out" thugs on FB

This is a discussion on Ugly: NYC teacher stabbed to death because she "called out" thugs on FB within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; NYC School Teacher Simonette Mapes-Crupi Found Fatally Stabbed Inside Staten Island Apartment « CBS New York NYC School Teacher Simonette Mapes-Crupi Found Brutally Stabbed To ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Ugly: NYC teacher stabbed to death because she "called out" thugs on FB

Exclamation Ugly: NYC teacher stabbed to death because she "called out" thugs on FB

NYC School Teacher Simonette Mapes-Crupi Found Fatally Stabbed Inside Staten Island Apartment « CBS New York

NYC School Teacher Simonette Mapes-Crupi Found Brutally Stabbed To Death
    Police Probe Home Invasion Theory, But Sources Say No Evidence Of One
    July 5, 2012 11:59 PM

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — A New York City school teacher was found stabbed to death inside her Staten Island apartment Thursday afternoon.

Simonette Mapes-Crupi, 29, was found face down in a pool of blood by her husband, Jonathan Crupi, in their New Springville apartment around 1:50 p.m. Authorities said she was stabbed multiple times.
    ~snip~

Interestingly, just a week ago, the teacher posted a near-death experience on her Facebook page, writing: “Crupi and I survived a shootout today…Thank God we are ok…To all the wanna be gangstas of Staten Island (who say they are from Brooklyn but really aren’t), be grateful you have what you have and stop trying to live a lifestyle you will never understand.”

Havia and other neighbors said the couple kept to themselves and were often seen walking their dogs in the complex, which sits next to a park and golf course.

Mapes-Crupi worked at a number of schools, most recently in East New York, Brooklyn, where she was about to start summer school.

~snip~

ExSoldier's Note: When the sheep say things most un-sheeplike without thought for the possible consequences or even less thought for preparedness, things like this can happen. Ugly, tragic things. I feel bad for this lady and her family. It hits very close to home for me. I'm a teacher and I have seen this kind of thing before. Then there is my newly engaged daughter (TODAY!) who lives in Manhattan. She's no sheep, but she isn't allowed to really protect herself either. She's got to rely on being streetwise and the vigilance I instilled in her to see the potential for trouble coming and avoid it. That formula has worked well so far. Her new fiancee is a marathon runner so he's in decent shape at least.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

2. Remove Ads

What a shame.

Another reason why I don't do MyFace and other social media networks. No need to put yourself out there and invite people to stick their nose in your business.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Very bad situation. Certinaly not enough information to really speculate of
    n who done it and why just yet, but this'll be a story worth keeping up with.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

NYC, you won't "keep up with the story". My guess is you'll never hear any more on it.

I can't believe they haven't outlawed knives there, too.

Sad that kids wanna be gangstas, and then act like thugs to prove they are...

Shame, that.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

My favorite is when people put their vacation plans on line.

Quote Originally Posted by goldshellback View Post
    Very bad situation. Certinaly not enough information to really speculate of
    n who done it and why just yet, but this'll be a story worth keeping up with.
    Yeah, as somebody else said, this will be old news in a few days. Nobody will follow up because it'll happen again but worse and that will be the new story in the big bad ROTTEN apple. I'm just surprised that Bloomberg hasn't pounced on this story and called for more gun control let alone knife control. He'll probably howl something like: "So what if they used knives? JUST IMAGINE WHAT THEY'D HAVE DONE WITH GUNS!!!"
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    What a shame.

Another reason why I don't do MyFace and other social media networks. No need to put yourself out there and invite people to stick their nose in your business.
    I have a FB account. Use it just to keep touch with family spread all over the place and whom I haven't seen in ages...

I'm the guy next door that is polite, but does not tell you crap.
    Reason #1347 why I do not have a FaceBook or other social networing account.

They probably knew where she lived because she used her iPhone or other smart phone to snap some photos in the house, and the pictures had the GPS location embedded............ Thieves use this trick often. (note, disable that feature if you are snapping lots of photos of your firearms or, say, a 1967 origional Shelby Cobra in your driveway..... Just sayin.

Social networks (facebook) are something that should have never happened.

Which brings up the question of why do they call the posts on Twitter "tweets".... they need to call them "twits" if you get my drift.......
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    I can't believe they haven't outlawed knives there, too.
    - It's not like they haven't tried. The knife laws in place now are so hard to interpret that some knife manufacturers (Emerson, Kershaw, Spyderco) will not ship knives there.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

stabbings like that are a crime of passion

NY Post has a follow-up article (link below) indicating victim's husband has lawyered up, that cops aren't buying his alibi, there were no signs of forced entry & that the couple's two dogs were locked up & quiet at time of killing.

I'm just saying.

http://m.nydailynews.com/new-york/hu...icle-1.1109486

VIP Member
    NYC knife-life
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

So, looks like this had nothing to do w/ calling out "thugs" - unless you count the victim's husband.

The title to this thread indicates that she was stabbed because she called out the wanna-be thugs. Are you sure the two incidents are related?
    beararms likes this.
    Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links