Scary Stuff

This is a discussion on Scary Stuff within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Gangs coming to small towns. Gangs of Tennessee | Tennessean...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By ramitupurs84
  • 1 Post By Gene83
  • 1 Post By RETSUPT99
  • 1 Post By Blades

Thread: Scary Stuff

Scary Stuff

Gangs coming to small towns.

Gangs of Tennessee | Tennessean
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

2. Remove Ads

How do we a society deal with these types? Personally, I have these personal convictions that people in these gangs know the difference between right and wrong. I don't feel remorse for those who are dealers/gang members when I see one gunned down in the street. I don't understand why police spend anytime on their murders and we don't fill the pages of the book with lead when we sentence them for civilian crimes. For example the shooting death of a child. I'd much rather spend money on death penalties then 2 and outs.
    ColoradoLady likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ramitupurs84 View Post
    How do we a society deal with these types? Personally, I have these personal convictions that people in these gangs know the difference between right and wrong. I don't feel remorse for those who are dealers/gang members when I see one gunned down in the street. I don't understand why police spend anytime on their murders and we don't fill the pages of the book with lead when we sentence them for civilian crimes. For example the shooting death of a child. I'd much rather spend money on death penalties then 2 and outs.
    I don't have any sympathy for the gang members themselves. They are what they are. It's the climate of crime and violence that follows them wherever they go that concerns me. I expect gangs to be in Los Angeles, Chicago, Detroit, New York, etc. Their presence in small and mid-sized towns in Tennessee surprised me a bit.
    ColoradoLady likes this.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

That ain't good. I have no doubt I.would stand my ground if i had to but you would have to basically live on the road afterwards. Once your involved in a shooting/death your name and address goes on public record I believe, so whether you like it or not your family gets dragged in the mix! Scary indeed....

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Scary indeed. Franklin, TN? That is a nice area. I lived in Kingsport, TN for quite some time. So miss your state...

These gang members are like cock roaches, and seems law enforcement making little headway in controlling the spread. I have no sympathy for them at all, and would not lose any sleep if they all gunned each other down tomorrow. It is when they bring innocents into their idiocy. They are not "Cool" as they think, and are the scum of society as they serve no purpose.
    Ed Brown Kobra 45
    Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II
    Glock 33

They are the product of broken families, raised on the concept that they're owed everything. Their culture only makes their lifestyle seem even more glamourous...
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

What I find so incongruous is the amount of religious symbolism - tattoos of Jesus and the Virgin Mary, religious symbols on the wall. As if they're all a bunch of altar boys just playing between church services.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    What I find so incongruous is the amount of religious symbolism - tattoos of Jesus and the Virgin Mary, religious symbols on the wall. As if they're all a bunch of altar boys just playing between church services.
    Ever watch The Godfather? Those guys went to mass like complete innocents. My priest says that confession isn't like a car wash. You don't come in and get clean and then go back out and get dirty again. Your supposed to be cleansed of sin and change your ways. Maybe some of these guys should have a talk with him.

Quote Originally Posted by From the write-up
    Pledge

"I pledge not to kill. I pledge not to steal. I pledge not to rob. I pledge not to destroy. I pledge to protect and serve my community. I pledge to make a difference!"
    Unless I'm missing something ... Interesting way to end an article, as if one of the most-violent criminal gangs in this hemisphere is somehow out to do good.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

clc
    In this country they are a product of our government sucking at its job. If we spent as much time and money on keeping scumbags out of this country as we do in countries we aren't welcome in this place could be very nice.

It would be great if the gang bangers were treated the way they should be, they wouldn't be causing trouble in the USA

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Unless I'm missing something ... Interesting way to end an article, as if one of the most-violent criminal gangs in this hemisphere is somehow out to do good.
    It wasn't clearly explained, but I think that was a former gang member taking a pledge with a new group that's trying to steer young people away from gang activity. In that context, it makes a lot more sense.

As a combat photographer and someone who works closely with the news, I find these kind of stories, and especially the photos, quite intriguing. Thanks for the post.

Sooner or later, our country better wake up and start dealing with gangs as terrorist or racketeering problems...if not, we'll all be in a world of hurt.
    hinkleid likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

They seem to be bringing terror and/or sedition/treason to America, to me that sounds like a terrorist that has no rights in the US; maybe we should send them to another country to be jailed. I'm sure some third world country would jail them for $5000 a year.
    hinkleid likes this.
    --Jason--

Links