92 Y.O woman shoot police by mistake

This is a discussion on 92 Y.O woman shoot police by mistake within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; "All of a sudden there was a loud explosion right next to my ear and I went down," the lieutenant said. "I could taste the ...

Thread: 92 Y.O woman shoot police by mistake

"All of a sudden there was a loud explosion right next to my ear and I went down," the lieutenant said. "I could taste the blood, I saw it dripping on the porch, and then saw the bullet hole."
    WoW... she had the power to hold the gun and shoot it, I bet he was suprised!

Toledoan, 92, mistakenly shoots officer - Toledo Blade

The police force entry, they state there is no culpability on her part and yet they confiscate her gun. And this is published for all the BGs to see. I hope she keeps her back-up handy.

I think the "Mistakenly" in the headline is wrong, too - she meant to pull the trigger on someone breaking in, and hit exactly what she was aiming at! Glad the cop will be OK, though.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Administrator
    As an LEO, this is one of the biggest fears I have... If a bad guy shoots me, I aint dying until there is a pile of empty brass all around me. A case like this whatta you do?

And she did break a cardinal rule... know your target. Its a bad idea to go blasting through walls and doors at an unknown target. But at the same time, I don't blame the lady. The LT better go buy a lottery ticket.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Why was the Cop "forcing" entry,there's a reason for having dispatchers contact the RP and have them come to the door and talk to the LEO's on scene.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Why was the Cop "forcing" entry,there's a reason for having dispatchers contact the RP and have them come to the door and talk to the LEO's on scene.
    The way I read it, it was probably sent out as a medical emergency. Thats why fire and medics were already on scene. And if you look at Ms. Huddlestons picture, it looks like she has on of those panic button (I've fallen and cant get up) things around her neck.
    "Just blame Sixto"

sgb
    Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmm.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    she had called 911 that there was someone trying to break in and when the cops showed up they found no one and then she didn't answer the door so they think that the place has been compromised and if so they have a responsibility not to leave until they know what happen

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Did the officer not announce himself before trying to enter?
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Lead Moderator
    I thought INccwchris got his grandmother blanks for her gun?
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rocky View Post
    I thought INccwchris got his grandmother blanks for her gun?

^^^^LMAO^^^^^
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Sponsored Links