Improvise, Adapt and Overcome

This is a discussion on Improvise, Adapt and Overcome within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; "Improvise, Adapt and Overcome" An unofficial mantra of the Marines pays off: Marine befriends girlfriend's rapist to find video of assault July 09, 2012 Marine ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By DaveH

Thread: Improvise, Adapt and Overcome

VIP Member

"Improvise, Adapt and Overcome" An unofficial mantra of the Marines pays off:

Marine befriends girlfriend's rapist to find video of assault

July 09, 2012

Marine befriends girlfriend's rapist to find video of assault

A former Marine MP convinced his girlfriend to finally go to police after seeing video evidence

Newser

When a former Marine MP started dating a Texas teen and she told him the story of how Elric Shawn Millner got her drunk, raped her, and videotaped the whole thing two years ago, the Marine took action.

He befriended the alleged perpetrator, now 24, and pretended to be upset with their mutual acquaintance, prompting Millner to tell him the story of that night and even show him the video. Having visually verified her claims, KHOU reports, the boyfriend convinced the woman to go to police, and Millner was arrested.
    Marine: your best friend, your worst enemy. The Marines are not a just branch, we are a breed.
    NH_Esau and joker1 like this.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Good thinking. Very cunning.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Very cool. Now, time to ensure she's out of his crosshairs and anonymous by the time the idiot gets out of jail/prison. Hopefully she can stay safe.

Kudos to the guy for tracking down the evidence and pushing to get it resolved.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Sponsored Links