Good: He went to get the phone....

This is a discussion on Good: He went to get the phone.... within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; and a gun... Not so good: he shot through his door... and missed the target... but they left him alone... Story Here...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By RETSUPT99
  • 1 Post By oneshot

Thread: Good: He went to get the phone....

and a gun...

Not so good: he shot through his door... and missed the target... but they left him alone...

Story Here
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

The dirtbag outside displayed a gun...the homeowner inside shot through the door...no problem with that...bullets go both ways through a door.
    He shot to stop the threat.
    sgb likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by From the article
    One of the would-be home invaders knocked on the rear door of the Barr Road residence at about 1:30 a.m. Sunday to ask for help.

Cameron said the man said he needed gas and asked to use a phone.

The resident, who was not identified by the sheriff's office, kept the door locked as he retrieved a phone and a handgun.

When the homeowner opened the door, a second man emerged, pointing a gun at the resident.

The homeowner quickly closed the door and fired a shot through it, Cameron said.
    Well done, I'd say. Circumspect, kept behind a locked door, kept his wits, then took steps to erase the threat. The more one hears of such situations, the more sensible videocam coverage around the house sounds.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    Just that one basic element of common sense, not letting the guy in, might have prevented us reading about a home invasion and murder.

Probably screwed up the dirtbags' information processing paradigm as well...
    "People who take an Internet handle of a great warrior, are usually the first to go fetal when crunch time comes." - Me

sgb
    The ultimate goal of survival was achieved.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Rogers View Post
    Just that one basic element of common sense, not letting the guy in, might have prevented us reading about a home invasion and murder.

Probably screwed up the dirtbags' information processing paradigm as well...

Lead and door splinters moving at the speed of sound by one's face is certainly cause for pause.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

VIP Member
    door bellistics
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Well done, I'd say. Circumspect, kept behind a locked door, kept his wits, then took steps to erase the threat. The more one hears of such situations, the more sensible videocam coverage around the house sounds.

^^^YEP^^^^^^^^

I'm in this camp on this..

Why in the name of all that is holy are you opening the door at that time of the morning?
    I'd be nervouis opening it for someone I knew at that time of the day, for fear they were being used as a human shield/excuse to get to me.

Quick thinking allowed him to slam the door and poke a few holes in the door.

Bet it was real quiet in the thugs car on the way home after that.
    8th ID likes this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

This took place in a very rural area. It's still normal to wave as you pass other drivers, help stranded tourists, and actually know everyone in a five mile radius of your home (provided some one actually lives within five miles of you). That said, the three guys doing this are living on borrowed time as everyone will be looking for them. My bet is that they will be identified within the next two days... You can't do this type of crime in a small community.
    Have Laptop, Will Travel

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    The dirtbag outside displayed a gun...the homeowner inside shot through the door...no problem with that...bullets go both ways through a door.
    He shot to stop the threat.
    Yup. Try to shove a gun through my door and I'll turn that cover into concealment in a heartbeat.

Links