Woman finds masked gunman in her driveway

This is a discussion on Woman finds masked gunman in her driveway within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Reported by local TV station: Woman finds masked gunmen lurking in her driveway - KCTV 5 Just goes to show that you can't expect LEO ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Woman finds masked gunman in her driveway

Reported by local TV station:

Woman finds masked gunmen lurking in her driveway - KCTV 5

Just goes to show that you can't expect LEO to be there.

All star game.. normal staffing levels? Really....

Okay.... my house, my yard, men with guns, a shotgun? Hour and a half.. okay with me.. just pick up the carcasses before they start to turn, would ya? What day is garbage collection again..?
    mprp likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

I think we are going to see more and more slow responses from LEO, especially in larger cities. Overwhelmed by increasing violent crime. Also, there is a limit on how many officers you can effectively use without becoming an army. It's going to take the huge number of honest citizens out there to solve this problem. IMO being armed is no longer a choice but a deadly necessity.
    GeorgiaDawg and gigamortis like this.

She had just pulled into the driveway, when the the apparent thugs were seen on the surveillance cams. They must have been pretty close to making it inside, then.

Surprising that nothing can be done, what with faces/car being recorded. Hopefully publicizing the faces from the recordings will help others see them as they're out and about.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

So the 911 operator told her it wasn't illegal for someone to be carrying a shotgun, but if a MWAG call goes in about someone open carrying the police are dispatched? Oh yeah, that makes perfect sense.
    oneshot and gigamortis like this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

I love Tiberius/Maggie.

Sounds like the cops are selling out to the highest bidder.... the all-star game.

If it wasn’t true then there would have been a report made but they brushed it under the rug by not taking one

If the cops can't make it, call the coroner.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Wow I think I would be looking to find a new police chief. An hour and a half for three armed men? Then they tell her to put up No Trespassing signs?

I hope I never have to find out if our local police are this incompetent!

Sorry if I am offending any LEO's here but do these excuses seem valid to any of you?

Another good example of why citizens should be armed and able to effect their own defense. Why? Because quite simply we're alone until the cavalry arrives (if ever), and it does nobody any good except the criminals if one can't survive until it does. Think the police have responsibility for saving you, me and everyone else? Think again.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Well at least they know now that their cameras don't repel maggots. I wonder if they're going to believe that the No Trespassing signs have the same effect. Tune in next month when the family is slaughtered behind their signs and cameras.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Like others have said,calls are answered by priority,and when you have a lot of violent crime at night it sux,but your call may not get answered until day watch.This isn't a fire the Police Chief response it comes down to finances,the City can afford X amount of LEO's,Firemen etc.
    This is why you will eventually see more and more LEO's telling Citizens to get a gun and training for protection from thugs since they pretty much show up to take reports and collect evidence since in very few cases do they ever get lucky enough to catch somebody before a crime is committed.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Like others have said,calls are answered by priority,and when you have a lot of violent crime at night it sux,but your call may not get answered until day watch.This isn't a fire the Police Chief response it comes down to finances,the City can afford X amount of LEO's,Firemen etc.
    This is why you will eventually see more and more LEO's telling Citizens to get a gun and training for protection from thugs since they pretty much show up to take reports and collect evidence since in very few cases do they ever get lucky enough to catch somebody before a crime is committed.
    I have asked many police officers how they feel about legally armed citizens... The ones that I have talked to to date haven't had that epiphany yet.... They still seem to think they are better prepared to be carrying guns than a citizen...
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    I have asked many police officers how they feel about legally armed citizens... The ones that I have talked to to date haven't had that epiphany yet.... They still seem to think they are better prepared to be carrying guns than a citizen...
    And that, they are as far as the "average" citizen. If more people, especially in the bad areas would take it upon themselves to become armed, giving themselves the ability to defend themselves then I think the light would come on with more LE too. I think the key is "more people" that get serious, get responsible for themselves and learn about firearms, not fear them. Fault or no fault of LE, 1 1/2 hours is unacceptable and more need to see that this is reality.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Another example of what may await you in your driveway, leaving or returning. Even when going to the safest venue, in the safest area you need to be armed. Because no matter how safe grandma's house is, it has more to do with the journey there & back that you must be prepared for, to & from your car at both ends of the trip, not to mention carjacking potential enroute.

Whenever my wife used to ask "do you REALLY need to take your gun to "so & so's"? I would always reply with the above statement. Over time, & after a few "driveway" and "parking lot" news stories that we've all seen, & that I've passed on to her, not only does she no longer ask why, but on some occasions asks to confirm that I do have it with me as we're walking out the door.

This is also why employers denying employees the ability to keep firearms in the car on company property, chaps my rosie red rear end. Having to leave your gun at home instead of your car on a work day, is of no use in defending against a driveway ambush upon returning from work, or at any stops along the way.
    Asked by a CNN reporter "What do you feel when you shoot a terrorist"?, the Marine sniper simply shrugged & replied "recoil".

Now more than ever, we are at war on our home soil ... WAKE UP & arm our troops when they are on home soil!

VIP Member
    No incident report = no paperwork

Unless BG uses slugs, behind a car is cover for a shottie or a stationary tomb if your inside it.

What do y'all think? Is trespassing masked around the hood with a shotgun all that legal?

Go back to sleep. Nothing to see here.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links