Compliance Officer Seemingly Breaks Into Woman’s Home to Yell at Her - Page 3

Compliance Officer Seemingly Breaks Into Woman’s Home to Yell at Her

This is a discussion on Compliance Officer Seemingly Breaks Into Woman’s Home to Yell at Her within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Not the smartest tool in the shed. Just one more reason to keep my lawn mowed and not be anti-social.......

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Compliance Officer Seemingly Breaks Into Woman’s Home to Yell at Her

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    Not the smartest tool in the shed.

Just one more reason to keep my lawn mowed and not be anti-social....
    "People who take an Internet handle of a great warrior, are usually the first to go fetal when crunch time comes." - Me

Burns, found it fer ya.

Already running here
    Burns likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Code Enforcement Officer = LEO wanna' be...

He'd been eaten by my dogs, then shot if he came in...
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

http://www.appleseedinfo.org/

VIP Member
    People like that and TSA blue glovers are the ones who aided the Nazis in france round up the undesireables. The patriotic and smart joined the resistance.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

A compliance officer is not a law enforcement officer. He is one step above garbage collector. He illegally entered her house. He needed to be fired and prosecuted for B & E . He didn't get what he deserved, luckily for him. The city owes her big-time.
    mano3 likes this.

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Grass too long? You've got to be kidding me.

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    I live in a rural area populated with numerous very small towns. Populations between 500 to 1000 mostly. Many are smaller. Many of them are hiring compliance officers as a way to supplement the funds they take in from speeding tickets they give out to folks just passing through.

Yes it might just be that certain types of folks like to nit pick how other people live. It might also be that many towns go looking for these people and hire them for just that reason. Around here when hired they are told that they must bring in enough in fines to cover their own salaries and make money for the town. else they would be terminated. The last cop my little town hired was strongly given that same impression at the meeting when he was hired.

Sometimes the individual we like to blame is only doing what the city that hired him instructed him to do.

Michael
    That's NEVER a valid excuse.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Originally Posted by mlr1m
    I live in a rural area populated with numerous very small towns. Populations between 500 to 1000 mostly. Many are smaller. Many of them are hiring compliance officers as a way to supplement the funds they take in from speeding tickets they give out to folks just passing through.

Yes it might just be that certain types of folks like to nit pick how other people live. It might also be that many towns go looking for these people and hire them for just that reason. Around here when hired they are told that they must bring in enough in fines to cover their own salaries and make money for the town. else they would be terminated. The last cop my little town hired was strongly given that same impression at the meeting when he was hired.

Sometimes the individual we like to blame is only doing what the city that hired him instructed him to do.

Michael
    Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    That's NEVER a valid excuse.
    Agreed and apologize for my shoddy reply. I did not mean that the officer should not be held responsible. I only meant that he should not go to the gallows alone. To often we allow those who instigate the policy to go unpunished and are willing to accept the little guy being held responsible for the whole crime. This is even going on today in Congress where low level players have been either fired, transfered or reprimanded while those who are responsible for the policies are held harmless.

Call me greedy and heartless. But, I want everyone involved to go down when something like this happens. I want it all.

Michael
    ccw9mm likes this.

Between my dogs and my Mossburger....... Mr. Compliance officer would've been in a 'bad' way.

Lock your DOORS! Hopefully the homeowner learned that lesson.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    AI only meant that he should not go to the gallows alone. To often we allow those who instigate the policy to go unpunished and are willing to accept the little guy being held responsible for the whole crime.

Call me greedy and heartless. But, I want everyone involved to go down when something like this happens.
    I think it's safe to say that many are as "greedy and heartless" as you, on this point. I'm happy to say, myself included.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Dennis raider aka btk serial killer was a compliance officer, and a jerk at his job as well
    Hopyard likes this.
    Guns don't kill people, Guns save Lives.

If you want peace, prepare for war

Distinguished Member Array CIBMike's Avatar
    He must have been a REALLY big man, it would be tough to fit that much stupid into a small person.
    Last edited by CIBMike; July 15th, 2012 at 12:02 AM.
    The easy way is always mined.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nkanofolives View Post
    Erica says she isn't sure if she's going to press charges against Jimmy Vowell. [/I]

Honestly, how this guy was not arrested for B&E and is still employed by the city is beyond me. He should have been arrested and fired on the spot.

How would you all have handled this situation?
    Well, the Columbia County Environmental Compliance Office is due for a Vowell movement.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

Am I off base here - or does the article make it seem like the c.officer was fired for lying to his supervisor, not for the actual illegal entry? If that is truely the case, then there is more wrong here than the original infraction IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by DanDglassman View Post
    Am I off base here - or does the article make it seem like the c.officer was fired for lying to his supervisor, not for the actual illegal entry? If that is truely the case, then there is more wrong here than the original infraction IMO.
    In many cases it is much easier to fire a person for lying than it would be to fire them for what they were lying about. I have seen a number of folks over the years who got fired for lying about something that only would have resulted in a short suspension at most. Had the lie not occurred.

Michael

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links