Compliance Officer Seemingly Breaks Into Woman’s Home to Yell at Her

This is a discussion on Compliance Officer Seemingly Breaks Into Woman’s Home to Yell at Her within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Gov‘t Compliance Officer Seemingly Breaks Into Woman’s Home to Yell at Her Over the Length of Her Lawn A Georgia homeowner allegedly awoke to an ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Compliance Officer Seemingly Breaks Into Woman’s Home to Yell at Her

Gov‘t Compliance Officer Seemingly Breaks Into Woman’s Home to Yell at Her Over the Length of Her Lawn

A Georgia homeowner allegedly awoke to an unusual scene on July 2 — a county code compliance officer yelling at her over the state of her lawn from the doorway of her bedroom.

“I woke up, I didn’t have my glasses on or my contacts in and all I see is this big burly figure standing in my doorway,” Erica Masters explained. “A big huge guy with a grey shirt. It scared the mess out of me.”

She elaborated: “[He] yelled at me to wake me up, to let me know that I needed to come back outside and sign the violation notice,” informing her that her grass was too long.
    they would have been calling the coroner if he walked in on me like that

County Code Compliance Officer Jimmy Vowell Allegedly Breaks Into Erica Masters’ Home Over the Length of Her Lawn | Columbia County, Georgia | Video | TheBlaze.com

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Some people think they don't have any boundaries...glad he got fired, would be more glad if she was armed.

I found it hilarious that he told his supervisor he didn't go in the house, wonder how he acted when he found out it was on video L0L
    msgt/ret and nerdyvirgin like this.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Well, he's not going to do that anymore, at least not as a county officer.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

OD*
    I would have dropped the guy there and then, Dennis Rader (BTK killer) was a Compliance Officer too.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, don’t give them a tomorrow."

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    The new America and fundamental change is sweeping the country. Can't wait to see what happens next!
    claude clay likes this.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    they would have been calling the coroner if he walked in on me like that
    +1 on this. It would have been like killing two birds with one stone. First one is taking out a stranger in you own home. Second one is putting a stop to an out of bounds government jackboot thug. Easily justified under an unauthorized person in your home.
    mcgyver210 likes this.

I love these folks that LIE and then are proven to be lying. Ops.......

BTK killer
    We lived in Wichita during that period.
    mcgyver210 likes this.

A locked door might have helped. That said, he would have been DRT if he had walked in on my wife while she was sleeping.
    mcgyver210 likes this.
    "If you only knew the power of the dark side!" - Darth Vader

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector71 View Post
    The new America and fundamental change is sweeping the country. Can't wait to see what happens next!
    I know...can you believe these people letting their lawns get so out of control??? Used to be people would occasionally mow their lawns. Not any more. Can't even call that a lawn, it's just weeds around a house. Disgraceful!
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

He would of had grass growing over him if he did that to me!
    mcgyver210 and gigamortis like this.
    If you died today and stood in front of God and He asked you " Why should I let you into My Heaven?" what would you say?

LEAVES OF GRASS

320x240.jpg

Come, said my soul,
    Such verses for my Body let us write, (for we are one,)
    That should I after return,
    Or, long, long hence, in other spheres,
    There to some group of mates the chants resuming,
    (Tallying Earth's soil, trees, winds, tumultuous waves,)
    Ever with pleas'd smile I may keep on,
    Ever and ever yet the verses owning—as, first, I here and now
    Signing for Soul and Body, set to them my name,

Walt Whitman

LOcutus
    CaptSmith likes this.

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    I love these folks that LIE and then are proven to be lying. Ops.......

We lived in Wichita during that period.
    That had to be a scary time to live through.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, don’t give them a tomorrow."

Quote Originally Posted by Sig35seven View Post
    I know...can you believe these people letting their lawns get so out of control??? Used to be people would occasionally mow their lawns. Not any more. Can't even call that a lawn, it's just weeds around a house. Disgraceful!

I tell you what
    PB2 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by OD* View Post
    I would have dropped the guy there and then, Dennis Rader (BTK killer) was a Compliance Officer too.
    Seems like there is a certain type of person who is drawn to that job. The type that likes to micro manage people and tell them their grass is too long. The type that thinks they, themselves, are above the rules. Had he simply walked into my house, he would have been shot.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I had a run in with a compliance officer and a neighbor once. to make a long story short....
    Neighbor is an a**. Has been for a long time.
    When we had a hoarder in the nieghborhood, he informed me that if they ever clean up that house, I will have the crappiest house on the block (not true by the way) I informed him that "at least I was not the a** who had to live next to it". Next day, he got pissy about a little bit of mold growing on the NORTH side of my WHITE house. Talked the compliance/codes officer into forcing me to repaint my house... I will admit to a little peeling paint (mainly trim on two windows that were beginning to rot), but nowhere near the 20% required. so, I got some really ugly paint chips and taped them to the side of my house with a sign that said "Be careful what you wish for". He called the cops and said I was threatening him. Cop made me take sign down, but not color chips.
    So, I painted my house... Now, this is a neighborhood where tan, sand, taupe, baby blue and off white prevail...
    I painted it alright... Went from White with Blue trim to Pine Forest Green with Blood Red trim! And I also added a few pieces of "yard art".
    And, as I informed him when he came out to complain, he is still the a** who has to live next to it!
    Compliance guy was happy.. He said that the city decided long ago that they will not interfere in color schemes. They figure it is a violation of Free Speech. I informed the Compliance guy that if he did not keep the neighbor off my back I would repaint the house again.. This time Blaze Orange with Acid green trim. And that I know that there is no law that says all four sides have to be painted the same color.
    Have not had a lick of trouble since....

I have a air conditioner cover in my garage that I am holding until he complains again. It is painted to look like a giant SpongeBob that will point right at his bedroom window. Too much???
    darbo likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links