WILD: Carjacked victim gets in shootout with teen carjackers

This is a discussion on WILD: Carjacked victim gets in shootout with teen carjackers within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Man, I travel this portion of this freeway quite often...yikes. Carjacking victims speak out after Monday's wild scene on I-94...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: WILD: Carjacked victim gets in shootout with teen carjackers

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar

Man, I travel this portion of this freeway quite often...yikes.

Carjacking victims speak out after Monday's wild scene on I-94
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

This is why I don't go past 696. At least they got one of the punks.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

“It was a kid, you know. But he put on man shoes, now he gonna have to do man time.” Moss says.

Yep, Mr. Ben Dover time...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I had the pleasure..... to go inform a well known guy ... who was in jail for stealing a lot of Porsches, Lamborghini's, Ferrari's, etc..... to tell him that we had been informed that while he was in jail.... his car had been stolen from his parents house.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Goes looking for the car, finds it, then demands the driver (carjacker) pull over and give the car back ... which prompted a shootout. There are some really good times for calling 911, such as instead of deliberately confronting a known carjacker and instead leading the cavalry to the scene. To make matters worse (for himself), here he is chattering away with newsies. I imagine his attorney (court-appointed or otherwise) is going to have a few things to say about that little gaffe, though diggin' his own grave there might not be much to erase what he's said already. Duh.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

A purple 89 Caprice...really? Not only should the car jackers be arrested for stealing it, the owner should be arrested for driving it.

I can hear the prison conversations now, "Hey man, whatcha in for?" "Car Jacking." "Oh yeah? Mercedes, Porsche, Hummer?" "Purple 89 Caprice...4 door...but it had 22s!"

That should at least get him beat up. If they based prison time on the value of the car, he'd get about 10 minutes.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Favorite quote: "“It was a kid, you know. But he put on man shoes, now he gonna have to do man time.” Moss says."

Classic.

As for the rest of the story, if I'm reading this right the victim was fired on, and then returned fire, all while they were moving at speed on the interstate? Holy smokes. Straight out of a movie.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Any time, anywhere....any speed? I think I would have hit the skids and let them get away if I could. Whippin' out the pistola on the freeway is asking for a disaster.
    8th ID and JerryMac like this.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

It had 28 inch rims..... Man, that caprice has more ground clearance that a hummer and purple no less

all that and they didn't even get the car back

best quote: hey man pull over thats my car......... (yea right)
    carracer likes this.

Dumb, dumb, dumb! And then to talk to the media about it?

Me thinks the Second Amendment should have an I.Q. clause and a CCW permit applicant explain why common sense is not so common anymore.

Well, being Detroit I would suspect the courts are so clogged with criminal cases and little funds coming in from the three remaining tax payers, no charges will be filled.

Police Dispatcher: BOLO 1989 Chevy Caprice, purple in color, leopard seat covers, pink rug on dash board, , fancy sport wheels, curb feelers driver and passenger sides, car jump kit, violet under car lights.

Police Squad Car: Dispatcher, can you give a little more detail? Got six of em here on the liquor store parking lot.
    oneshot likes this.
    I think, therefore I am...

<the Menace>

So let me get this straight. CPL holder and buddy find and follow BGs, then get into a shoot out. It would appear that the CPL holder was a legal thug, you know, someone thats clean, because he has never been caught....good grief...
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis1209 View Post
    Dumb, dumb, dumb! And then to talk to the media about it?

Me thinks the Second Amendment should have an I.Q. clause and a CCW permit applicant explain why common sense is not so common anymore.

Well, being Detroit I would suspect the courts are so clogged with criminal cases and little funds coming in from the three remaining tax payers, no charges will be filled.

Police Dispatcher: BOLO 1989 Chevy Caprice, purple in color, leopard seat covers, pink rug on dash board, , fancy sport wheels, curb feelers driver and passenger sides, car jump kit, violet under car lights.

Police Squad Car: Dispatcher, can you give a little more detail? Got six of em here on the liquor store parking lot.

^THIS ^^^^^^^^^

right here has me in stiches!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    A purple 89 Caprice...really? Not only should the car jackers be arrested for stealing it, the owner should be arrested for driving it.

I can hear the prison conversations now, "Hey man, whatcha in for?" "Car Jacking." "Oh yeah? Mercedes, Porsche, Hummer?" "Purple 89 Caprice...4 door...but it had 22s!"

That should at least get him beat up. If they based prison time on the value of the car, he'd get about 10 minutes.

^^^^BDude^^^^^^^^^^^

These jokers around here hold the older Impalas and Caprices in high regard..

Even if its old and beat up, they will put $2500 worth of rims and tires on a $8oo car, no matter what make or model.

I also agree he should have kept his trap shut, but you never know in this town, he may have got some backslaps and high-5's from the officers who were tailing the stolen vehicle prior to the eruption of gunfire, and a "Damn, that was some mighty fine shootin' , if we got anymore questions we'll holla'"

I found this rather funny from one of the posters in the original atricle,,,,

there you go auto manufacturers- gun ports mounted on the fenders of cars- this would be terrific in motown-

I drive I-94 from the 248mmarker(Richmond NH) to the 220mmarker(Conner) in Detroit everyday, five days.
    Nothing suprises me, but for the most part, its relatively safe and boring.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    So let me get this straight. CPL holder and buddy find and follow BGs, then get into a shoot out. It would appear that the CPL holder was a legal thug, you know, someone thats clean, because he has never been caught....good grief...
    The claim was: driving beside the criminals and asking they pull over resulted in gunfire at them. Perfectly understandable to defend their lives in such a situation. Of course, firing back on a public roadway isn't going to win the sympathies of many DA's, and attempting to track down and then engage known violent felons isn't the brightest move ever conceived. There's a reason for calling the cavalry. I'm hoping these folks now understand it might have a purpose. Then again, they might never.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    ^THIS ^^^^^^^^^

right here has me in stiches!!!

^^^^BDude^^^^^^^^^^^

These jokers around here hold the older Impalas and Caprices in high regard..

Even if its old and beat up, they will put $2500 worth of rims and tires on a $8oo car, no matter what make or model.

I also agree he should have kept his trap shut, but you never know in this town, he may have got some backslaps and high-5's from the officers who were tailing the stolen vehicle prior to the eruption of gunfire, and a "Damn, that was some mighty fine shootin' , if we got anymore questions we'll holla'"

I found this rather funny from one of the posters in the original atricle,,,,

there you go auto manufacturers- gun ports mounted on the fenders of cars- this would be terrific in motown-

I drive I-94 from the 248mmarker(Richmond NH) to the 220mmarker(Conner) in Detroit everyday, five days.
    Nothing suprises me, but for the most part, its relatively safe and boring.
    I can understand the 60s Impalas...but a 4 door 89 Caprice???? I guess the purple, the wheels, etc. should have clued me in that there's no accounting for taste. If you ask me, the BG did him a favor by stealing it.

I don't have much room to talk though...one of my Volkswagens is covered with hand painted flowers, peace signs, and 60s music bands logos. If nothing else, no one would suspect a flower power hippy to be carrying a firearm.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

They propably thought they were jacking more than a car, as most cars like that are associated with local and low level drug dealers, big rims, purple, they propably heard the boom box radio before they saw it .... and he propably shot at em cause they doone smoked all his stuff.....or had it lighting up when he pulled up beside them. This has to make one of the dumbest moves of the week....
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

I asked my stock broker the other day, what I should be investing in ....his reply, canned goods n ammo !!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links