not good- Man interrupts intruder, gets stabbed (shoots himself?)

This is a discussion on not good- Man interrupts intruder, gets stabbed (shoots himself?) within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; The assailant ran after the man and threw a knife at him, which stuck into the back of his left arm and caused him to ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Hopyard
  • 1 Post By Hiram25
  • 1 Post By Spirit51

Thread: not good- Man interrupts intruder, gets stabbed (shoots himself?)

The assailant ran after the man and threw a knife at him, which stuck into the back of his left arm and caused him to fall. The suspect then stood over him and said, “Die, you English pig,” before brandishing a machete, according to the report.

The man reached for his gun but accidentally discharged it in his pocket. The suspect ran away, police said.
    The article didn't say if he shot himself but I can assume that if a gun goes off in your pocket there is a good chance it did. Just another good reason not to pocket carry

Man interrupts intruder, gets stabbed - San Antonio Express-News

"Accidentally discharged it in his pocket" isn't funny, but it is, too. But if I had to choose between how it turned out and getting hacked to death with a machete...
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

VIP Member
    I don't have a problem with pocket carry if it's done right. For me I need relatively loose pockets and a pocket holster....

Look at it this way - the gun may still have saved his life, oddly enough. The shot scared the criminal away. Not a textbook case of deterrence, but still... (and no, I'm not advocating a new training technique of "shooting from the pocket.")

VIP Member
    The important part of this story is to not assume your assailant will simply hold the knife and fight to retain it.
    Throwing the knife gave the intruder the edge.

You have to be able to read the body language to know
    if the knife is going to used in a stabbing motion or be thrown.

WHen I was young it was common for boys to have knife throwing contests and play
    knife throwing games. We even did it at school during recess. I'm sure these skills are
    still practiced and learned by many. They should be, by anyone who chooses to carry a fixed
    blade.
    CowboyColby likes this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

I would bet in all the excitement he had already wrapped his booger hook firmly around the bang switch before the gun left his pocket...

Quote Originally Posted by JaySkiBum View Post
    I would bet in all the excitement he had already wrapped his booger hook firmly around the bang switch before the gun left his pocket...

It’s a natural reaction to grab under stress and in the process hitting the trigger. I can't tell you how many times I see people grab a gun and automatically put their finger on the trigger and then I have to be the bad guy and say something.

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    But if I had to choose between how it turned out and getting hacked to death with a machete...
    Agreed I would much rather get shot in the leg than the other outcome.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

First off, why would you go outside to look, then seeing a guy with what looked like a weapon, leave yours in your pocket? Should have called 911 and been a good witness.
    mr.stuart likes this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Die, you English pig?

Something is wrong with that.
    Who would say that?
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

I can't get my finger in my pocket holster, I need to draw it before I can put a finger on the trigger. Practice practice practice with the equipment you use so you will be familiar with it when the need to use it comes.

Quote Originally Posted by miklcolt45 View Post
    Die, you English pig?

Who would say that?
    Swamp Fox?
    miklcolt45 likes this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    Swamp Fox?
    Had to look that one up. Nice.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Had to look that one up. Nice.
    Not familiar with Francis Marion?
    One of my heroes growing up.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    First off, why would you go outside to look, then seeing a guy with what looked like a weapon, leave yours in your pocket? Should have called 911 and been a good witness.

^^OR^^^^^^^^^^^^

at the very least, if he went outside, the minute he sees the BG with something in his hand, the weapon comes out, and faces the threat with your battle gear ready to rock, not with your tail between your legs boot-scootin' back to your door.
    This just indicates to the "predator" that YOU are the prey.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Quote Originally Posted by miklcolt45 View Post
    Die, you English pig?

Who would say that?
    And, as I reflect on this, my former secretary who was a Scot.
    There are still strong memories in some parts regarding "the bloody Anglish."

However, who in modern US would talk like this?

Albert Einstein

Sponsored Links