Lansing MI. Is trying the gun by back progam... - Page 2

Lansing MI. Is trying the gun by back progam...

This is a discussion on Lansing MI. Is trying the gun by back progam... within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Hmm, good luck with that one Lansing!...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Lansing MI. Is trying the gun by back progam...

Hmm, good luck with that one Lansing!

Nice gun in the picture that accompanies the article.

Bet there's not a single one that nice turned in.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    What is needed is a 'Politician Buy Back Program'.
    Simple...turn in a politician for groceries that are donated to any worthy cause, and that could/would help society.
    great concept... but I can't afford a politician, they're too 'spensive... well maybe an alderman... or the dog catcher... might be able to afford me one of them! yeah! that's the ticket! I'ma buy me a dog catcher...
    RoadRunner71 likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    The thugs who are using the firearms for criminal purposes aren't going to give them up for a hundred bucks worth of groceries. They'd probably be more willing to rob someone for grocery money than give up their weapon. Plus, aren't most of these people already on food stamps?
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

cj
    Maybe follow the route of the team that collected old junkers, dumped them on the buyback, and used the money to send a bunch of kids to shooting camp?

What I wanted to do one time (wife had me "previously scheduled") was paint a big sign that said SHOW IT TO ME FIRST and park as close to the buy back site as possible. Require bill of sale and take a photo of them and their ID along with the gun and take everything to the police to run serial numbers (preferably in a different city or an FFL). AND have a video recorder set up to tape police harassment, have a big obvious one and a covert one in case they **** with the obvious one.

It's hard to believe that city officials can be this stupid. And it's not just that this had never worked in the history of the country, but they just did this in Detroit and the NRA made a mockery of it! Hey Lansing ... ever heard of a little town called Detroit?

VIP Member
    $5000 of the 7000 raised from 1 person. I wonder how much the mayor has put into the program? I'm sure people will be lining up to turn in a M&P for a $100. gift card.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    $5000 of the 7000 raised from 1 person. I wonder how much the mayor has put into the program? I'm sure people will be lining up to turn in a M&P for a $100. gift card.
    If it's a Shield, I'd be willing to give him $200 for it.
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links