14 YO shot while setting fire to occupied home

This is a discussion on 14 YO shot while setting fire to occupied home within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This is a kid with some serious problems...this home owner should not be charged with anything, he was protecting his family. The little fire starter ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: 14 YO shot while setting fire to occupied home

This is a kid with some serious problems...this home owner should not be charged with anything, he was protecting his family.
    The little fire starter needs a long vacation.
    Spirit51 likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    This is a kid with some serious problems...this home owner should not be charged with anything, he was protecting his family.
    The little fire starter needs a long vacation.
    +1!!! Luckily in my state, arson is a justified shooting offense.
    l1a1 likes this.
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

As well he should have been (shot). Dare attempt to take the lives of others, then you gotta appreciate that others might dare to refuse you ... particularly the victims in your cross hairs.

Commit an adult crime, you deserve to be treated accordingly. Commit an attempt to erase life of innocents, you deserve to be treated accordingly. Kudos on the resident on doing what needed to be done. Shame on the little cretin for his lack of moral grounding. Shame on him and his family for failing to instill a sense of humanity in the little perp.
    Spirit51 likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by 8th ID View Post
    +1!!! Luckily in my state, arson is a justified shooting offense.
    We are lucky.

A: MAINE CRIMINAL CODE
    Part 1: GENERAL PRINCIPLES
    Chapter 5: DEFENSES AND AFFIRMATIVE DEFENSES; JUSTIFICATION
    104. Use of force in defense of premises

2. A person in possession or control of premises or a person who is licensed or privileged to be thereon is justified in using deadly force upon another person when and to the extent that the person reasonably believes it necessary to prevent an attempt by the other person to commit arson.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

^^ IMO, whether or not the "arson" wording is in the self-defense statutes, the reality is that torching a structure directly threatens the occupants and thus isn't materially different than someone putting a gun to your head.
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    The little fire starter needs a long vacation

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    As well he should have been (shot). Dare attempt to take the lives of others, then you gotta appreciate that others might dare to refuse you ... particularly the victims in your cross hairs.

Commit an adult crime, you deserve to be treated accordingly. Commit an attempt to erase life of innocents, you deserve to be treated accordingly. Kudos on the resident on doing what needed to be done. Shame on the little cretin for his lack of moral grounding. Shame on him and his family for failing to instill a sense of humanity in the little perp.

^^^^^^YEP^^^^^^^^^^^

I'm in this camp on this one.......

“It was a kid, you know. But he put on man shoes, now he gonna have to do man time.”
    Gerald Moss

In response to the underlined above;

Arsonist are deviants, just like sex/child molesters, in that their brain waves are not moving in the right direction.
    Its like a sickness that drives them.
    Cold and calculating comes to mind.

Not trying to say the parents aren't somewhat at fault, but often, there is not a lot they could do, as they have a hard time picking up the signal that the arsonist is giving off.
    Spirit51 likes this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    I would like to punch the author in throat!
    goldshellback and 8th ID like this.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by ericb327 View Post
    I would like to punch the author in throat!
    I'm assuming for all of the details the article mentions about the residence ... including address, first/last names of owners, specific occupations, type/description of vehicle, the fact the vehicle "sports" a NRA sticker, the fact the owners have a U.S. flag hanging outside. Seems pointless to me, too. They withheld identifying the little cretin. One would think simple decency would allow them (the media) to see that such details of the victims doesn't help anyone.
    ericb327 and Eagleks like this.
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Gorham police said they believe they have identified all parties involved in the incident and do not believe there is any immediate danger from people involved.

Whom do you suppose the police are referring too? The lone arsonist or the home owners?
    I think, therefore I am...

<the Menace>

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    I'm assuming for all of the details the article mentions about the residence ... including address, first/last names of owners, specific occupations, type/description of vehicle, the fact the vehicle "sports" a NRA sticker, the fact the owners have a U.S. flag hanging outside. Seems pointless to me, too. They withheld identifying the little cretin. One would think simple decency would allow them to see that such details of the victims doesn't help anyone.
    You assume correct sir.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis1209 View Post
    Gorham police said they believe they have identified all parties involved in the incident and do not believe there is any immediate danger from people involved.

Whom do you suppose the police are referring too? The lone arsonist or the home owners?
    Thinking outside the box for a moment ... The lone arsonist was the only cretin at the scene, apparently. Being 14yrs of age, it's not unthinkable that he's got homeys aware of his predilection, perhaps even involved (given the spate of area arson incidents). If such others exist, mightn't they (or copy-cats) now have what they need to commit further acts against these residents who just got the upper hand? At XYZ Mountainview road, the house with the black SUV with NRA stickers and a flag outside, photo attached. Gotta love the media.
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    ^^^^^^YEP^^^^^^^^^^^

I'm in this camp on this one.......

“It was a kid, you know. But he put on man shoes, now he gonna have to do man time.”
    Gerald Moss

In response to the underlined above;

Arsonist are deviants, just like sex/child molesters, in that their brain waves are not moving in the right direction.
    Its like a sickness that drives them.
    Cold and calculating comes to mind.

Not trying to say the parents aren't somewhat at fault, but often, there is not a lot they could do, as they have a hard time picking up the signal that the arsonist is giving off.
    I'm saying that the so-called parents of the punk are more at fault than anyone else. He was "rewarded" at 11:45 P M - good parents don't allow their kids out running the streets at midnight. He needed to be home - in bed, where kids belong at that time of night. Sue the parents - if that's possible - and have the kid permanently removed from the worthless home (after he serves time in Juvenal detention).

With todays problem children I only have questions. I wish I had answers.
    Spirit51 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    I'm saying that the so-called parents of the punk are more at fault than anyone else. He was "rewarded" at 11:45 P M - good parents don't allow their kids out running the streets at midnight. He needed to be home - in bed, where kids belong at that time of night. Sue the parents - if that's possible - and have the kid permanently removed from the worthless home (after he serves time in Juvenal detention).
    Maybe he snuck out?

VIP Member
    Headline should have read VIOLENT CRIMINAL'S CAREER ENDED EARLY WHEN SHOT BY INTENDED VICTIM. The newspaper author is a complete wet pants weenie. I'd like to see the authors address and personal details published.
    Spirit51 likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links