14 YO shot while setting fire to occupied home

This is a discussion on 14 YO shot while setting fire to occupied home within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by blitzburgh Maybe he snuck out? He's got zero moral grounding, no matter the manner in which he began his evening, no matter ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: 14 YO shot while setting fire to occupied home

Quote Originally Posted by blitzburgh View Post
    Maybe he snuck out?
    He's got zero moral grounding, no matter the manner in which he began his evening, no matter with whom he did it or planned it. That lack of grounding came from upbringing. Hard to blame the parents fully for everything. But it's just as hard to imagine any other influence that could have had enough impact to keep a person from such things. Few get it via osmosis, left to their own devices.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

2. Remove Ads

Kid should be tried with attemted murder. Newspaper is an obvious a left leaner and continues to show why Americans mistrust the media as much as the US Congress is.
    I practice the 2nd Amendment....alot

Reading the comments at the bottom of the story, more than a few "strong-left-leaning libs" arn't particularly happy with the PPH putting out the homeowners residential information. I think they realize it could be them in the paper next.

Bravo Zulu on the homeowner!
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

A serial killer in the making. No hope, no help. The only question will be his body count before he's finally put away. Egging an occupied house? Stupid kid. Setting fire to an occupied house? Sociopath.
    l1a1 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    From Kentucky Revised Statutes.

(2) The use of deadly physical force by a defendant upon another person is justifiable
    under subsection (1) only when the defendant believes that the person against whom
    such force is used is:
    (a) Attempting to dispossess him of his dwelling otherwise than under a claim of
    right to its possession; or
    (b) Committing or attempting to commit a burglary, robbery, or other felony
    involving the use of force, or under those circumstances permitted pursuant to
    KRS 503.055, of such dwelling; or
    (c) Committing or attempting to commit arson of a dwelling or other building in
    his possession.
    8th ID likes this.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    I'll bet this kids parents are "really proud" of their son now. Put their name in the paper and his address, not the homeowner's ... who's house he tried to burn down.
    I completely agree. The community needs to know the names of violent and dangerous juveniles. This information should not be protected.

I've dealt with only one 'real ' arsonist..... he was scary. He didn't consider people's welfare, it was all about the fire... and the excitement of it to him. Found out later some very weird things had occurred to him when young, that he couldn't 'tell' people, so this was his way of acting out, etc. It was a form of payback for what was done to him before. Psychologically, he was one of the most messed up individuals I ever saw, and I saw a lot of them.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

You forgot to put good in the title. Sounds like a happy ending to me. Hopefully it was a very painful gunshot wound.

Some researchers have theorized that children and adolescents attracted to firesetting when they are younger "graduate" in adult life to more serious crimes with a "macho" image, including serial rape and murder. A number of serial killers, including David Berkowitz, the "Son of Sam" killer, and David Carpenter, the socalled Trailside Killer of the San Francisco Bay area, turned out to have been firesetters in their adolescence. David Berkowitz admitted having started more than 2,000 fires in Brooklyn-Queens in the early 1970s. The book mindhunters, written by an FBI profiler was very interesting and talked about this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by scott625 View Post
    Some researchers have theorized that children and adolescents attracted to firesetting when they are younger "graduate" in adult life to more serious crimes with a "macho" image, including serial rape and murder. A number of serial killers, including David Berkowitz, the "Son of Sam" killer, and David Carpenter, the socalled Trailside Killer of the San Francisco Bay area, turned out to have been firesetters in their adolescence. David Berkowitz admitted having started more than 2,000 fires in Brooklyn-Queens in the early 1970s. The book mindhunters, written by an FBI profiler was very interesting and talked about this stuff.
    Google "The Macdonald Triad". The theory has fire starting, animal cruelty and bedwetting as indicators of future homicidal behavior when the three characteristics are present in a kid.

You have an arsonist, they don't reform any better than child molesters. You catch him trying to murder your family. You shoot him and keep shooting until you are certain he can never set a fire anywhere else. You make sure the threat is removed from the earth so this criminal doesn't come back in the near future and get revenge on you for protecting yourself. He might even bring friends the next time. You must see this as a two level threat. Not only the here and now, but the vengeful future if the criminal lives. It is not enough to simply stop the immediate threat, you must take care of the possible future threat. This person has attacked you and your family personally, right where you live. You either permanently remove the threat or live with doubt and fear in your own home.

YEAH I JUST EMAILED THE EDITOR WITH MY DISLIKE OF THEIR LIBTARD SLANT AND OBVIOUS ATTEMPT BY THE REPORTER TO MAKE IT A GUNS RIGHTS ISSUE..I wonder how many protesters will show up on his lawn spewing their bullcrude about how he should have just let him allow the punk to burn the place to the ground.
    Quote Originally Posted by whoppo View Post
    Just a few miles from us... In a town that has been plagued by arson this year.

Authorities: Boy shot while trying to burn Gorham home | The Portland Press Herald / Maine Sunday Telegram
    If you can read this thank a teacher. If it is written in English thank a Marine.

Eagleks you might wan't to get rid of your quote from Chief Justice Roberts in light of how he just sunk this country with helping the Libtards pass Obama care..though I agree with what he said about the second amendment..
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    I've dealt with only one 'real ' arsonist..... he was scary. He didn't consider people's welfare, it was all about the fire... and the excitement of it to him. Found out later some very weird things had occurred to him when young, that he couldn't 'tell' people, so this was his way of acting out, etc. It was a form of payback for what was done to him before. Psychologically, he was one of the most messed up individuals I ever saw, and I saw a lot of them.
    If you can read this thank a teacher. If it is written in English thank a Marine.

I hate to sound mean here, because I am a very laid back man, but if someone tries to kill me and my family with a fire, I will not give one ounce of pi** how old they are. I will use any and all firearms and other weapons to stop the threat! First choice: My Very Well Equipped Mossberg.
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

Administrator
    At 8 Mountview Drive, a black sport utility vehicle with a National Rifle Association sticker was parked in the driveway. A basketball hoop was set up, and the Bassingthwaites displayed an American flag.

An SUV
    An NRA Sticker on it
    And...they also displayed an (gasp) American Flag!
    They probably have a Bible hidden somewhere in their house also.

You know they're no good!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links