Concealed handgun holder fights back stopping robbery

This is a discussion on Concealed handgun holder fights back stopping robbery within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; They can be seen scrambling to get away, falling to the floor and tumbling out the front door, as the patron - identified by the ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Concealed handgun holder fights back stopping robbery

They can be seen scrambling to get away, falling to the floor and tumbling out the front door, as the patron - identified by the Sheriff's Office as Samuel Williams - continues to fire.

The robbers were hit but survived.

the old man keep on shooting at them even after the were out the door

Video shows patron shooting robbers at Palms Internet Cafe | Ocala.com

Haha! Those crooks couldn't get out of there fast enough. They were walking all over each other.
    mano3 likes this.
    It's all part of the big picture.

That was the best thing I have ever seen. Man did they wanna get out of there...running over each other to get out. I like how the BG's scramble when they are met with force. Kudos to the GG!!!!
    mano3 likes this.
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

LMAO that was GREAT! The ol' man showed true grit & the BG's crumpled!

This is so awesome! Man the good guy had good trigger control as well. Anyone notice at the end of the encounter he had the booger hook off the bang switch? I love seeing armed people who are sick of being the victim take action!

Sent from my DROID RAZR

The gentleman looked as though he has either some training or is experienced in shooting.

Michael

As Henderson turns his back, Williams pulls out a .380-caliber semi-automatic handgun, stands from his chair, takes two steps, nearly drops to one knee, and fires two shots at Henderson, who bolts for the front door.
    Williams takes several more steps toward the door and continues firing as Henderson and Dawkins fall over one another trying to exit the building. The two eventually run off screen.
    sounds like this guy had some war training

Those two clowns are a riot falling over each other to get out of there.

Don't pick a fight with an old man, come to think of it, don't try to rob an I-net Cafe where old guys are gambling, either.
    Congrats to Mr. Williams for quick thinking and aggressive action...he did certainly put these young thugs in their places.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array VBVAGUY's Avatar
    Excellent job for the good guy !!! Seem like another instance of where Concealed Carry worked and also another instance where .380acp worked to stop the threat. Once BG's see bullets flying at them they do not care what caliber it is, they just want to get the frack out of there !!! God Bless

Ugly environment for a two-perp robbery, what with all the innocents milling around. Lots of opportunity for armed cretins to begin spraying the whole plays. In that sense, it looks like the citizen handled things nicely, waiting until the opportune moment, aggressively taking on BG #1, and apparently ensuring the line of fire didn't unduly endanger other customers inside the place. Overall, he's lucky the BG's appeared to have no real concept of guarding each other and controlling a room's space, else it could easily have ended very differently. Still, well done! Kudos to everyone for not freaking out and creating an impossible situation.

Speaking of a 5- or 6-shot capacity: it brings home the max capacity question fairly quickly, and how important that reload might well turn out to be. I didn't count the number of shots he fired, but it was more than just a couple.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

That was awesome!!! Too bad they made it out the door. Charges? He deserves a medal or a gold watch!
    atctimmy, baren and mano3 like this.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Good point also to notice that many of the patrons continue weaving through the scene holding their ears instead of dropping. Something to think about setting up in a training session with simunitions or rubber ducks - no idea how you could simulate that during live fire.

I'm with barstoolguru, and given his age, I'm betting Vietnam.

Say hello to my little friend. lol. All these thugs understand is hot metal! Grandpa was just speaking their language.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links